The official thread for comments of ayu-mix-6! - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 27th March 2008, 03:53 AM
BEST Initiate

Overall, I think I'm a little disappointed....the only remix that really, really blows me away is Step You x THE YOUNG PUNX or whatever on Gold. I had high hopes for remixes like Talkin 2 Myself and Ourselves, but they didn't deliver...remixes that repeat small segments of a song rather than mixing up the whole thing tend not to impress me much, and I feel most of the remixes on these albums are like that.
Old 27th March 2008, 07:40 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

This is definitely ayu's best remix albums -- there was obviously a lot of thought put into every aspect of these albums, so they work really well. They've found a good formula that is really interesting instead of really repetitive like her older remixes.
Old 27th March 2008, 11:32 AM
As if.. Initiate

I think, and I'm sad to say it, that I'm really glad I didn't (and won't) purchase these albums. I think they were both very bland and not at all original. Sorry to all fans out there, but these remix albums are nothing like the previous ones and I find that incredibly disappointing. *two thumbs down* (Just sharing my opinion...)

The only song that made it to my iPod was ourselves. ^_^

Old 27th March 2008, 12:28 PM
kanariya Protector

first of all, the house scene just isn't what it was 8 years ago ayu-mi-x II era. house remixes were great back then. Hex Hector, Jonathan Peters & Junior Vasquez were the "it" thing and their anthem dance mixes were great & very accesible.
Especially Thunderpuss was great. "trauma (thunderpuss mix)" and "Surreal (Thunderpuss mix)" were just awesome

GOLD & SILVER are very current house scene, sorta industrial and lots of buzzing & distortions or whatever. current house trends sorta sucks so it's really no wonder if G&S doesn't live up to the previous ayu-mi-xes (except no.5 lol).

I was hoping for more out of G&S, but I'm pretty satisfied with them. The remixes are mostly quality work. There are some gems there, I never thought I'd see Yoji remixing Ayu

what mostly bugs me about S&G is the sparse use of vocals. the past GREAT remixes of Hex Hector & Vasquez and co always used the full vocal track. full vocal tracks is always much more nicer to listen to, the plain chorus is just for club versions.

at least Ayu-Mi-X 6 is better than Ayu-Mi-X 5 lol
Old 27th March 2008, 01:00 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

i only like HEAVEN, Ladies Night and GAME D
but IMO, HEAVEN is the nicest among the two album DD is so SUPER NICE THE REMIX FOR HEAVEN ( omg, i keep listen to Heaven repeatedly.. )
HEAVEN MIX FTW ! xDDDDDDDDDD
Old 27th March 2008, 01:24 PM
until that Day… Initiate

i want to know something on the ladies night remix..
there's a guy singing the rap or something...
he's not occured in the original right?
guess that it's the DJ's voice?
Old 27th March 2008, 05:50 PM
Voyage Initiate

I was really dissapointed.
I ended up pressing the 'next' and 'fast-forward' buttons way too often. To me, it felt like some of the songs always had the same beats and sounds repeating themselves over and over again through out the entire songs. Remix CDs to me are things you put in the CD player during at parties so that people can enjoy the up-beat and feel the energy to dance, that wasn't it at all, as sad as it makes me feel.

Though, I did like a few of the songs. STEP you and ourselves mostly. decision and JEWEL sounded alright. And I just couldn't stand hearing Carols >_<;;
BTS Wings Tour 2017
G-Dragon M.O.T.T.E World Tour 2017
Taeyang White Night World Tour 2017
Old 27th March 2008, 07:51 PM
still alone Initiate

LOL,I remember that I was reversing Together When... before,and now I just listened to the remix of it on ayu-mi-x 6 -SILVER-,and I am 100% sure that the DJ reversed it at the beginning and some other parts.
Old 28th March 2008, 06:58 PM
STEP you Protector

Overall, I'm so happy to be hearing new remixes that I can't be that harsh when judging them. There are some real flops (HAPPY ENDING, ugh!), some tracks didn't get as good a treatment as I was hoping for (INSPIRE), but others I love listening to (Moments - I see it got quite a few votes in the worst remix poll, but I love the song and it was great to a new twist on it). The albums aren't Wow!, but I'm still thrilled they were released and I've enjoyed them.
Old 31st March 2008, 08:39 PM
ayu trance Initiate

i'm happy with the remixes... EXCEPT FOR "HAPPY ENDING"... i was soooo looking forward to it... but OMFG, it sounded like crap. i can't listen to it b/c it FRUSTRATES the crap out of me for the cut-offs... like it can't go through!!! i'm so disappointed with this one. soooooo disapointed. such a horrible remix.
Old 1st April 2008, 04:56 AM
Two of us Initiate

the beginning of happy ending i thought was pretty good, but it went downhill for me, not a happy ending, yes it seemd a bit annoying.
Old 1st April 2008, 06:26 AM
BLUE BIRD Protector

I'm actually really impressed with these two remix albums! They're both very good. I find myself liking GOLD more, but there are several on SILVER that I love, so I do like both! There are, of course, a couple remixes that are, uh, sub-par... *coughGreatfulDayscough*

did you imagine this kind of future?

@luckynekolady instagram

Old 1st April 2008, 01:40 PM
Two of us Initiate

GOLD - C- likes 3 out 12 songs
SILVER - A- likes 9 out of 12 songs!

STEP YOU REMIX was the best IMO
But silver has the overall best songs...the ones in GOLD is really just muscle twitching every where and repetition plus constipation to me!
Old 1st April 2008, 01:46 PM
winding road Initiate

Now that I listen to them over and over, I prefer SILVER. GAME x YOJI and JEWEL x ... that remix... are my favs. SILVER ... GOLD is just okay. I'll buy them both though, I hate the thought of having them incomplete <x3
Old 1st April 2008, 02:35 PM
BRILLANTE Initiate

hmm i thought the best remix is ayu-mi-x 6 silver.
i like daishi dance heaven,together when and about you...
almost all songs in ayumix 6 silver i love it

almost all track slver i love it..
i dun like ayu-mi-x x 6 GOLD..
i like daishi dance heaven,together when,about you, decision even i like remix than original

Last edited by devilayu; 2nd April 2008 at 04:41 AM.
Old 1st April 2008, 05:16 PM
Initiate

All the songs in Silver are pretty solid...but there are none which really catch my attention very well. For Gold, even though there are a couple of really bad songs...but some songs such as talkin' 2 myself, Ladies Night and ourselves are really outstanding...lol...i guess each album has its own good and bad points
Old 21st April 2008, 03:46 AM
No way to say Initiate

(I'm late. )

I'm still working on them. I just found a thread with separate links to each song, and right now I'm up to "Ladies Night" on GOLD.

EDIT: Well, I finished GOLD. Here are my opinions below. I'm starting to work on SILVER now.

-GOLD-
Spoiler:
STEP you I actually enjoyed it! The "yeah's" were the best part in my opinion.

Moments -- It's okay. This definetly feels like a "new remix." It makes me miss the old remixes.

talkin' 2 myself -- I loved this one!

Beautiful Fighters -- Not bad. Someone (Xelakad?) once made a remix and I think it was better than this.

INSPIRE -- Eww. I hated this remix. It was just too... bad, for lack of a better word.

Greatful days -- This was terrible. How is this a remix? It sounds like it was (poorly) done by a young, immature, thinks-they're-the-best fan. When I heard actual singing about half-way through, I thought, "Whoa! There's actually a melody!" Seriously.

Startin' -- Whoa! That was tight! lol

glitter -- This was quite enjoyable! A wonderful remix!

BLUE BIRD -- I defintely like this song in a faster tempo, but the remix was good!

ourselves -- It was okay. I definetly love the original (and possibly other remixes) better.

Ladies Night -- Certainly odd, but fun to listen to. However, this isn't one I'd want to hear over and over again.

HAPPY ENDING -- ...ew. You can barely even tell what the original song is.

Last edited by Chibi_Venus; 21st April 2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old 22nd April 2008, 02:20 AM
no more words Initiate

I like SILVER more because there's more songs I like there, but my favorite track is from GOLD- Startin'

~ last.fm ~ crochet blog ~ twitter ~

Old 22nd April 2008, 05:34 AM
YOU Initiate

My Favourite:

1. Ladies Night
The rap is soooooooooooooooooo.... awesome! Justin Timberlake's style! Love it, feel it, eat it!
"i'm sure that girl just wanna have fun!" Which girl???

2. Ourselves
Make me dance and shake my head alot lol. Nice remix when you're in your car, travelling somewhere.

3. HEAVEN
Not change too much about this song is my favourite part. The music is awwesome!

4. fated
Beats beated myself got beaten... nice beats!

Most hate:

HAPPY ENDING
Annoying! makes me feel want to skip this track everytime.

Greatful Day
sucks sucks sucks..... sounds like jammed CD or cassette.

JEWEL
... nothing to say except boring!
Old 22nd April 2008, 07:46 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamester View Post
My Favourite:

1. Ladies Night
The rap is soooooooooooooooooo.... awesome! Justin Timberlake's style! Love it, feel it, eat it!
"i'm sure that girl just wanna have fun!" Which girl???
that girl shld be ayu! lol