Party Queen / Power of Music / CDL 2011-2012 official covers - Page 17 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 29th February 2012, 05:17 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I don't think she means that she's ever been called a Party Queen. Think of it as a title of a magazine like "ViVi" or "BLENDA".

You know, I wonder if this album is going to be her interpretation of the media's interpretation of her. Like when she'd go out drinking with friends... and this entire album is her own commentary on it?
Old 29th February 2012, 05:18 PM
Initiate

And apparently...Ayu herself thinks I'm right!~ [She even praises me (^///^) It's my first reply from her I'm so happy!]

☆Heartful thanks to ownsarai
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard box View Post
It's fine by me, the tabloid parody thing... But why on earth these COVERS has to be a dmn parody? A booklet would have been fine. But covers are important, not a joke....
And that is why they are. They'll be the first thing people see when the promotion starts.

Follow me @njanjayrp

talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
er.. so it seems like the covers are a sort of parody of tabloid magazines? well unless she's portraying an overall image not herself being called party queen, cuz I somehow don't recall a sinle article calling her a party queen or party girl or whatever....
yeah...i agree. nothing has been said lately about her lately that seems to correspond to this. a better title would be something to do with being untruthful since a lot of people accused her of lying in regards to her marriage/divorce.

imagine these covers with the title of "liar" haha! much better (if she hadn't already used that title) in my opinion.

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 29th February 2012, 05:19 PM
too late Initiate

horrible covers and scandalous !!!!!!! I'm not proud of it and sure this album will be bad ! End of her career ???
Old 29th February 2012, 05:20 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
While the covers are ugly as hell, if there is an actual concept and meaning behind them it's alright. I'd always pick that over a beauty shot. The FIVE covers seemed plain and boring until I read about containing the word HOPE.
But the thing is that the photo doesn't suddenly become meaningful because the word "HOPE" is slotted into the word "FIVE". The photo is still the photo and it's become nothing more since then...

I still hate the covers, although I kinda see the idea of a lonely person filling their life with parties and drugs/alcohol, but I stand by my comment that it could have looked so much nicer than this. Just because of this concept doesn't mean the covers have to look like this...

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 29th February 2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I don't think she means that she's ever been called a Party Queen. Think of it as a title of a magazine like "ViVi" or "BLENDA".

You know, I wonder if this album is going to be her interpretation of the media's interpretation of her. Like when she'd go out drinking with friends... and this entire album is her own commentary on it?
i like that a lot, but i'd like it a lot MORE if she didn't sing "i am your party queen" lol.

『Last minute』

Old 29th February 2012, 05:22 PM
I am... Initiate

I speculated on the first thread after the announcement that the title is ironic. These covers and the tracklist seem to support that. I bet it will end up being a "party girl realizes it's not what she really wants and/or falls in love" story. The tracklist seems to transition upbeat->dramatic rock-> ballads. And most of her albums had a storyline to them. The whole reason NEXT LEVEL seemed so messy to many people is that the tracks were arranged in story order, not in an order that sounds best.
The last times she was as "trashy" as this they were somewhat parodies, too, namely Startin' and Sparkle.

But we'll see. Not sure where exactly the magazine thing can fit in there but it somehow work synchronity-esque.

Last edited by isthisLOL?; 29th February 2012 at 05:24 PM.
ever free Initiate

LOOOOOOL it's quite ridiculous (as always)

orrible covers = OMG OMG END OF HER CAREER!! GOODBYE AYU!

Orrible covers = orrible album

Seriously, wtf.

{ Twitter }

Quote:
Originally Posted by errikkutrancex View Post
horrible covers and scandalous !!!!!!! I'm not proud of it and sure this album will be bad ! End of her career ???
end of her career?! i think thats just a liiiiiiiittle dramatic.

『Last minute』

Old 29th February 2012, 05:23 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by errikkutrancex View Post
oh please, I don't think her whole career and album quality depends on how covers looks. If they do, (m)u would be a huge mess and Love songs her best selling album so far.

Old 29th February 2012, 05:23 PM
Dolls Initiate

If the speculations are true, I smell "alterna" ~part II~

"If you are afraid of changes
Watch me at a distance
Whether or not I may do something
It makes no difference
Let it be"
Old 29th February 2012, 05:24 PM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eewyi View Post
And apparently...Ayu herself thinks I'm right!~ [She even praises me (^///^) It's my first reply from her I'm so happy!]

my congratulations!!!

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 29th February 2012, 05:24 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
i like that a lot, but i'd like it a lot MORE if she didn't sing "i am your party queen" lol.
Well, it'd be her spin on being portrayed as a 'party queen alcoholic' I guess, hahaha.
Old 29th February 2012, 05:25 PM

she just said that what party queen wanted most was FREEDOM but she thinks its never going to happen.

『Last minute』

Old 29th February 2012, 05:25 PM
SURREAL Initiate

WELL.. At least I found something very positive after this shock.. POM cover is nice.
Old 29th February 2012, 05:26 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
'Freedom' thats what she most wanted 2 but its never gonna happen I THINK RT @MADMishi_Ghost: @ayu_19980408 Aw yes she does look lonely..
So, is this a stab at the media or avex?

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsixthirty View Post
she just said that what party queen wanted most was FREEDOM but she thinks its never going to happen.
it's like "I am your party queen" taken as "I am here to entertain you"
monochrome Initiate

O M G !!!!!!!

APOCALYPSE!!! END OF HER CARRER!!! HORRIBLE!!!! END OF THE WORLD!!! DECAY OF HUMAN RACE!!!! ARMAGEDDON!!!

Really... some people... THIS has a meaning. Enjoy the music when it comes. Worse covers have been done in this world and ayu has worse covers... Sunrise/Sunset, (miss)understood CD version...

Old 29th February 2012, 05:27 PM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsixthirty View Post
feels like she's tired of being famous public person O_o

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, countdown live 2011-2012, party queen, power of music