[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~LOVE~ - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 9th November 2012, 03:45 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Rimi Natsukawa but I don't know who is she ? Otherwise Ayu is 9th in the global chart ^^ but if I've say she sell not really well it's because before she was always number one! in 2006 (miss)understood was 1st in global chart in taiwan O-O

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 9th November 2012, 04:41 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
lets see...

1. Amuro, Namie
2. Koda, Kumi
3. Kis-My-Ft2
4. AAA
5. EXILE

there are plenty more, but you only asked for 5.
=)
AAA and koda kumi? LOL..........HOW DO THEY GET MORE PROMO THAN AYU? I'd really like to know.

you should have put tohoshinki. anyway toho, exile, namie and kis my ft sell way more than ayu and have been for a long time...so why would avex even bother to give ayu the same promo as them? it should also be noted that avex doesn't even handle namie, exile and ks my ft's promo but anyway.

it seems a lot of ayu fans have the mentality that tv performances are basically the best and only way of promotion same with those random trucks driving around major cities. idol groups that sell 20k have those trucks driving all around japan they aren't a big deal.

how come when lack of promo comes up no one mentions her magazine covers? every time ayu releases something new she is GUARANTEED two or three very high profile covers. also is everyone forgetting about her kindle fire tie-in? she's EVERYWHERE with ads for it including the front page of amazon.jp. and then of course TOX 2 which is only one of the most anticipated games of the year for japan, again not a big deal

ever since NEXT LEVEL the whining for "lack" of promotion has seriously got out of hand and really annoying. obviously she doesn't get as much compared to the old days but hello it isn't 2003 anymore. i especially love it when people call avex greedy and money hungry...then one post later say how they give her no promo basically insinuating that avex wants her to flop lol.........

Old 9th November 2012, 04:56 PM
GREEN Initiate

Well lets see...
The Koda has had 4 magazines and 2 lives for her single, and I believe 2 CM's. - promo out the butt.
AAA - pretty much has CM's/LIVEs/tie-ins with EVERY single release that they do - more butt promo.

And I hate to break it to you, but a live broadcast is probably the BEST type of promo.

And lets see, since you brought up magazine covers... Ayumi's doesnt even have that for her release of LOVE, she is in a magazine, but not the cover. She also only has 1 CM... no trucks, and only 1 billboard. (this may change... she is bound to do a cover for 1 of these releases...)

I will give you the kindle fire... but thats only if you shop on amazon. I don't know how popular amazon japan is and its really only for a selected group of people anyways...

And if you noticed everyone here things that the tales of tie in is a BIG deal, but it only effects tales fans. She would need to perform the song LIVE in order for her to reach a bigger audience, which is what the whole point of the performance is.

as for Namie, Kis-My-Ft2, and EXILE, they are part of avex tracks... who else would handle their promo?
Old 9th November 2012, 05:10 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

wasn't it mentioned before that for Namie , Kisumai & EXILE , their material is only distributed via avex trax while for management & promo stuff , it's their agencies that handles them ?

for Kisumai , V6 and Tackey & Tsubasa , these 3 Johnny's groups , their music is distributed by avex but at the same time , anything promo related is handled by Johnny's & Associates , the talent agency that market & promote them

also sometimes over promotion of an artiste will eventually backfire . GIRL NEXT DOOR / girl next door is a perfect prime eg. . They were over promoted by avex in the early days of their debut in 2008 but look at what happened to them now ?

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 9th November 2012, 05:18 PM
GREEN Initiate

^ if thats true then i can probably find 3 other artist that avex has and promotes. But there has to be more to that deal then that because I dont know why avex would just shall out all that money when they have no control of the product that they are investing in?

could it be they just market them and avex pays for the promotion/handles?
Old 9th November 2012, 05:51 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

#4 T_________T japanese people buy the thing

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 9th November 2012, 05:56 PM
from your letter Initiate

Ayu is obviously past her prime, fans need to quit being obsessed with chart numbers.
Old 9th November 2012, 06:03 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I honestly can't believe people still care about her sales, are we in 2008 or what?
When will you guys get over it?
Old 9th November 2012, 06:17 PM
GREEN Initiate

personally I think her hard core fans will always care about her sales. And its not the chart number or the actual sales but the fact that she is still there and still doing amazing things for people to see so long into her career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki-7 View Post
Rimi Natsukawa but I don't know who is she ?
I looked her up... she hasn't released anything this year so i wonder what that is... (at least her wiki has not been updated)
It looks like she was a folk singing?

Last edited by TeamAyu2004; 9th November 2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 9th November 2012, 06:20 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
^ if thats true then i can probably find 3 other artist that avex has and promotes. But there has to be more to that deal then that because I dont know why avex would just shall out all that money when they have no control of the product that they are investing in?

could it be they just market them and avex pays for the promotion/handles?
Avex don't take part on marketing or taking care of the image of those artists (as they do with Ayu or Koda), what also means they don't have any control over them. Avex part on Namie's career for example is most likely letting her use their physical structure for recording, recording her albums and distributing them to the stores, and they are paid for it either with a porcentage of her sales, a fixed amount defined by contract or both. They don't invest money on her, they are just paid to do stuff for her and get their money she selling a lot or a little.

Vision Factory is responsable for marketing Namie and taking care of her public image, persona and creative direction.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 9th November 2012, 06:30 PM
GREEN Initiate

so what your saying is that talent agencies work differently in japan.
interesting...
Old 9th November 2012, 07:06 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

For example, a lot of Johnny's acts aren't part of J-One Records, the agency label (V6 is part of Avex, SMAP is part of Victor, etc.) but regardless, they are always known as Johnny's artists, and JE is the responsable by their image, public personas, publicity stunts and creative direction.

Old 9th November 2012, 07:16 PM
GREEN Initiate

Okay, thats true for all talent agencies, but that is different from a product promotion for an album.
the agencies control the public image, not the music that is being released by avex.

Now, I'm not saying that the agencies dont go in there and tell the groups this is how its going to be, but usually its two different types of promotion.
The actual act and then the music.

I've heard about Johnny's and they seem very controlling, but I just never heard of the agencies doing the promotional work for the music since that falls on the ones who release the music. Its avex's product. But I dont know the details of the contracts and such so it could be worked into that.
Old 9th November 2012, 07:36 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
Here's a pic of outside a music store. At least it's something...

According to baidu this picture has been taken in Mong Kok, it's a SKY MUSIC store.
This picture comes from avex HK Facebook page.
Old 9th November 2012, 07:41 PM
GREEN Initiate

i would love to put that poster up on my wall, lol.
Old 9th November 2012, 08:01 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

In the Japanese industry, the idol is the only product that matters, the music is just an way of making the idol profitable. That's why a lot of idols are forced into projects that has nothing to do with their talents (and they end up producing low quality music, acting and modeling). Promoting any of the idols projects is up to the Agency, as they are the ones making the most money from it.

The Label doesn't manage any part of the creative aspect of those idols, as they already have a whole image constructed by the Agency that their music MUST follow (breaking the mold = end of idol career), their part on the idol's career is as a company hired to do a job. The music is recorded with them, the music is distributed with them, but all the production and hiring of producers, musicians, composers, songwriters, etc is up to the agency, and the same works for the creative direction.

Namie's music is a product of Namie and Vision Factory, so, Avex isn't investing anything on her, they have no creative control over her and have no good reason to promote her themselves. To the point of Namie almost never singing at A-Nation (what she did only once, BTW). In a nutshell, she is not an Avex artist, she's an Vision Factory artist that hired Avex to release her work.

Old 9th November 2012, 08:47 PM
ayu trance Initiate

It strange what you say because in 2008 Namie was invited for the first time since 2000 at the meeting of Avex Shareholders and has said something like "thought of me next time" because she was forgot by avex since she was not popular at all ?

Look at before she was everywhere =) http://www.sfile.org/ayu/billboard/index.html

My Website Twitter Last.Fm

Last edited by mizuki-7; 9th November 2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 9th November 2012, 09:06 PM
Because of You Initiate

as an Artist who's been in the scene for more than 10 years she's doing pretty damn well, being in top ten isn't that bad..... she already ahd made hustory.
Old 9th November 2012, 09:22 PM
Over Initiate

RT
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthezone View Post
Ayu is obviously past her prime, fans need to quit being obsessed with chart numbers.
Old 10th November 2012, 01:15 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

嵐  | JUlife  | JUlove |
月 16,115 | **,***  | **,***  |
火 14,188 | 22,522 | 22,098 |
水 10,619 | 20,919 | 19,728 |
木 *9,753 | 12,332 | 11,346 |
───────────────────
計 50,675  55,773 53,176

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 15th anniversary, love, oricon