[Official Message] Last Minute - full PV - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 27th March 2015, 05:24 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainbow View Post
Sadly, it's not just an AHS thing, it's everywhere. I don't understand the point of mustering any sort of spiteful words with something as emotionally rewarding as music and art (being critical is fine, of course).
Oh yes, that's definitely true! I think it always just surprises me to see it on a Japanese Pop forum more than anything else. But AHS isn't special in this way... hm, but this isn't the place to discuss it I suppose. I agree with the points made in any case.
Old 27th March 2015, 07:09 AM
Who... Initiate

I think she looks amazing in this PV, but it's boring, and worse yet, the screen is just black half the video. =(

いい音楽品質が欲しい。
Old 27th March 2015, 08:20 AM
NOTHING FROM NOTHING Initiate

finally i wacthed this PV last night. hahaha..
i already waiting. i've been curious before.
i'm not dissapointed when watched it, ayu-chan look so pretty in dark and red dress.
love her so much, love this song too, and love this PV
(looks simple more than Warning's PV).
so emotional PV, she look like sad and 'angry'. hahaha..
i cried when see this video.
Old 27th March 2015, 10:13 AM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
While I understand "different strokes for different folks" there was definitely a general consensus here that we all love ayu for ayu. I know that people trashing the PV aren't directly attacking ayu herself but it does make me look at some of her fans in a different light. Some people clearly want "ayumi hamasaki the product" and not the artist who connects to people through her actual music and not flashy or dramatic PVs and gimmicks.

I know I sound judgy, but I don't care. I guess I'm in a weird place right now and I find myself really connecting to ayu's music this time around and to see some people throwing around their aggressive contempt over a harmless PV bugs me I guess.

But everyone's entitled to their opinion
Believe me, AHS isn't the worst place of Internet regarding that. I stopped to talk on another site because they consider Ayu as a product and not as an artist. I know that in the start of her career, she was probably more a product than an artist but now it is really different. Of course people can dislike something. But bashing painfully what she's making and doing...no. The way of saying something is important as Koumori said it.
Old 27th March 2015, 12:14 PM
Voyage Initiate

Wow i like this pv!! coming from someone who dislike 90% of her stuffs since years ago...lol! I can't stand seeing ayumi crying and being overly dramatic in her music videos but i find the last part of the video (which again she's overly dramatically crying) tolerable due to the fade in & out effect... Cool. And that hairstyle really makes her look much younger...

Last edited by UHPlus; 27th March 2015 at 12:19 PM.
Old 27th March 2015, 12:34 PM
Replace Initiate

no. I don't like it
Old 27th March 2015, 04:47 PM
P.S II Initiate

not sure if anyone here mention this before but I just realize the black and red dress in Last minute PV are kinda related to the ones in Memorial Address booklet?
Old 27th March 2015, 05:45 PM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
While I understand "different strokes for different folks" there was definitely a general consensus here that we all love ayu for ayu. I know that people trashing the PV aren't directly attacking ayu herself but it does make me look at some of her fans in a different light. Some people clearly want "ayumi hamasaki the product" and not the artist who connects to people through her actual music and not flashy or dramatic PVs and gimmicks.

I know I sound judgy, but I don't care. I guess I'm in a weird place right now and I find myself really connecting to ayu's music this time around and to see some people throwing around their aggressive contempt over a harmless PV bugs me I guess.

You have no idea how much you & I agree on this one, haha. Sadly, Ayu does big flashy gimmicky concerts 99.9% of the time (the few times she doesn't, she changes it so it is big and flashy and gimmicky). Which means that's what a crapton of ayu fans look for in Ayu stuff. Once upon a time all that polish & production value contributed to conveying the meaning of Ayu's music; in recent years it feels more like she's doing it to keep fans with high production expectations happy (or, upon thought, she's either hiding her genuine feelings behind it or distracting the crowd from her feelings - as though being with us in person makes her too uncomfortable to just lay it all out on the table).

To many fans, that mask is the essence of Ayu to them, but to many others, the lyrics & emotion & connection are the essence of Ayu.
Old 27th March 2015, 06:24 PM
Connected Initiate

The one on Youtube isn't really the full version!
There's few more sec left~

Old 27th March 2015, 06:42 PM
SEASONS Initiate

This PV is so hypnotizing. I already watched it a coulpe of times.

Something I haven't done with her "recent" PV.

I was on her Youtube page last night and it made me realize that I had seen some of her videos just once (Shake it, NaNaNa... for example. After watching them again , just the 1/2 min previews, it reminded me why haha).
Old 27th March 2015, 06:52 PM
Because of You Initiate

At the end of the video the grey/dark Ayu is gone when the lamp swings onto the spot she was sitting. That's the full version.

The darkness and that light is what makes the video so powerful, the lack of there being anything else. Her rock tracks have always got more simple PVs than not. Only a few of them have had a storyline. All others had very abstract stuff going on. decision, talking2myself, about you and the list goes on. Rock stuff is very expressive and powerful on it's own and having very busy footage would just make it overwhelming. Plus it's such a rough track that i think anything else would clash with it.

People on here always complain about how she doesn't have PVs with concepts and artistry, well, folks, here you have it!
I think it's something quite new for her, since she's always surrounded by at least one other person in her PVs. There's always someone. Not this time though. Which makes it so much more personal and special imo. Not to mention it gives even darker atmosphere than any of her earlier stuff.

This song was breathtaking for me from the start, and the video just gives it so much more. I can say that this is my favourite from all of her pvs that she ever did.

Last edited by BlackSilence; 27th March 2015 at 08:57 PM.
Old 27th March 2015, 10:41 PM
UNITE! Initiate

This is my favorite PV from ayu since she released CAROLS. What a masterpiece.
Old 27th March 2015, 11:11 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinix View Post
The one on Youtube isn't really the full version!
There's few more sec left~
Is there a Full TV rip out ?

TWICE

Old 27th March 2015, 11:15 PM
Because of You Initiate

^yep, and it's actually 4:28 (or so) long.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

it seems it's out on Jpopsuki, so go check, guys.

Last edited by BlackSilence; 27th March 2015 at 11:24 PM.
Old 28th March 2015, 12:19 AM
As if.. Initiate

wow, I really liked the ending of the video. Nothing over the top, but cool and powerful.
Old 28th March 2015, 12:37 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Cutting the end of the PV on her youtube channel may be one of the most stupid decision I've ever seen.
Old 28th March 2015, 01:36 AM
from your letter Initiate

Adored the ending. Just makes everything more conclusive
Old 28th March 2015, 01:51 AM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidekirby View Post
Cutting the end of the PV on her youtube channel may be one of the most stupid decision I've ever seen.
It's just... like... what. What is the point of cutting 2 whole seconds.
Old 28th March 2015, 02:29 AM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyujiw View Post
Adored the ending. Just makes everything more conclusive
my thoughts exactly

Old 28th March 2015, 03:38 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Ayu_Fan View Post
Glad she dropped all the tackiness for this, I'll always prefer a simple PV to an overdramatised one, would've thought most people here would be the same...
Simple is great. One of my favorite PVs was curtain call. NEXT LEVEL was really simple as well. But to me, the whole point of a PV is to tell a visual story or to give me some visual content that accompanies the song. That's the whole reason the music video was invented in the late 70's. I don't watch videos to just stare at someone, like Lorde in the Tennis Court, mouthing to a camera. That's not the point of a music video.

I probably wouldn't feel so nasty about this PV if it didn't come off cheap. I've been just as angered with similar videos from other artists because this is not the point of a music video, but this is a one-up from that because the videos are a selling point for the CD+DVD version. I don't think an extra $10-15 plus tax is a fair price for MP4s of Ayu singing in front of a webcam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
I feel sorry for those who dislike it, it's so simple yet SO powerful.
It's not an ugly video. It just comes off lazy to me. This is PV #38 that Ayu has done the same motions and facial expressions, so the only power I see, even after having watched it a half-dozen times, is the cable running to that light...

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I think the light adds some drama that wouldn't be there if it was a straight up Ayu-just-standing-there video.
That's like saying flushing a toilet adds some drama to what would otherwise just be me sitting in a restroom for four minutes.

Quote:
I know that people trashing the PV aren't directly attacking ayu herself but it does make me look at some of her fans in a different light. Some people clearly want "ayumi hamasaki the product" and not the artist who connects to people through her actual music and not flashy or dramatic PVs and gimmicks. [..] to see some people throwing around their aggressive contempt over a harmless PV bugs me I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koumori View Post

Exactly. I've been of the same mind for a while here... it seems people think it's cool to use strong words to represent their dislike of something, but it just comes across as way too aggressive and strangely hateful. Everyone is indeed entitled to their opinion but... well, how we express those opinions is important. I think people forget that far too often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainbow View Post
[...] I don't understand the point of mustering any sort of spiteful words with something as emotionally rewarding as music and art (being critical is fine, of course).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koumori View Post

Oh yes, that's definitely true! I think it always just surprises me to see it on a Japanese Pop forum more than anything else. But AHS isn't special in this way... hm, but this isn't the place to discuss it I suppose. I agree with the points made in any case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
Believe me, AHS isn't the worst place of Internet regarding that. I stopped to talk on another site because they consider Ayu as a product and not as an artist. I know that in the start of her career, she was probably more a product than an artist but now it is really different. Of course people can dislike something. But bashing painfully what she's making and doing...no. The way of saying something is important as Koumori said it.
Stop.

You are setting a terrible example for participation on AHS by padding threads with posts that directly and indirectly call out some users for strong opinions. An opinion that this PV is absolute trash is not a threat to another opinion that this is a masterpiece. If I post that I think Ayumi is an asshole for having not planned a better video, it is not an insult to you because you loved the video she made. If you don't like someone's "choice of words", you have plenty of autonomy to skip around that contribution. Do not, however, use that autonomy to discourage people from contributing by labeling opinions you don't like as "aggressive contempt" or derailing threads into banter over what you consider to be appropriate and inappropriate ways to express an opinion or contribute to the topic.

Everyone should be encouraged to throw an opinion in, question others' opinions, debate things, make sarcastic remarks, cry, laugh, and cry while laughing. We don't think with the same vocabulary, cultural values, social behaviors, or personal interests, so my opinion will never be the right choice of words to another person--that, in part, is why it can be my opinion. However, your comments about "aggressive contempt" and people's "choice of words" points fingers at people for opinions you don't agree with, or opinions that weren't expressed with your personal "choice of words". Worse, your banter, takes an impersonal topic and makes it personal.

Stop nitpicking certain contributions for "choice of words" and keep the context of these threads somewhat related to the topic.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a one, last minute