ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2015 The FINAL DVD/BD release - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 13th October 2015, 11:44 AM
ayu trance Initiate

^True, I love how she put a lot of effort to sound better, I actually really enjoy her vocals now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepYOU1234 View Post
I'd have cut out My name's WOMEN and put GAME in instead. The other choices are good at showing Ayu doing what Ayu does best but the aerial performance should have been in there!
I agree with that but only to a certain extent. I mean, I know there's more to the concert because I've been creeping around way too much, but imagine for people who are not so much into her DVDs but might be interested, this video screams "oh look, that's the concert she's been giving for the past 6 years! We still added a glittery elephant so that you know where your money goes"
Old 13th October 2015, 11:59 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Lawi! View Post
I agree with that but only to a certain extent. I mean, I know there's more to the concert because I've been creeping around way too much, but imagine for people who are not so much into her DVDs but might be interested, this video screams "oh look, that's the concert she's been giving for the past 6 years! We still added a glittery elephant so that you know where your money goes"
D.E.A.D.

Still I agree the digest does not make justice for the concert, but I guess they chose the performances based on the songs themselves rather than the performance that was going on. Visual-wise, GAME, WARNING and maybe even Anything for you/forgiveness would have been better choices.

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 13th October 2015, 01:52 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
ayu's vocals are <3

I sometimes seriously think how, at least nowadays, she is not recognized for being a great vocalist. Yes it wasn't her niche at first, it was mainly the lyrics, good production and image, but on these times she has few of the best vocal performances in jpop (not all the time of course, sometimes it's the opposite) but she really deserves some kudos for sounding like she sometimes does.
Well, despite her vocal progress, she is sooo far away from being great vocalist. We heard unedited fan recording of this particular show... Even after editing it's not flattering. Happy ending is especially bad, considering how good it was during other dates. I'll never understand why they can't use audio of different date when she did better.
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~ (11.05, 12.05 (Yokohama), 15.05, 16.05 (Osaka)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2013-2014 A (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2014-2015 A, Cirque de Minuit (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
ARENA TOUR 2015 Cirque de Minuit ~真夜中のサーカス~(11.04, 12.04 Saitama)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2015-2016 A ~MADE IN TOKYO~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』(29.12, 30.12)
Old 13th October 2015, 09:01 PM
MY STORY Initiate

I love that digest clip so much. AT15 looks amazing.

As for the cover... Well, the only thing I hate about it is that god awful font. They should have just used Impact instead. Then it would hace been more readable through those colors.

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 14th October 2015, 03:01 AM
winding road H-Initiate

I kinda agree the digest was underwhelming. I mean, they mostly showed parts that are similar to things she's done before and nearly none of what's actually new and different about this tour. I understand that it's important to show some of those key things that everyone know and love about Ayu's lives, but they made the video in a way that the tour looks no different than any other concert she's done before, and we know that's not how the tour actually was...

Her vocals sound real nice though

Old 14th October 2015, 04:42 PM
starting over Initiate

the digest showed what the tour is. A remake of cdl, were we've seen 44% of it already. With an elephant and even more dancers on stage.

Anyways, After the live recording of love songs on her TA tour. Ayu's far from being one of the best vocalist.
Old 14th October 2015, 05:46 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalove View Post
the digest showed what the tour is. A remake of cdl, were we've seen 44% of it already. With an elephant and even more dancers on stage.

Anyways, After the live recording of love songs on her TA tour. Ayu's far from being one of the best vocalist.
We shouldn't judge her skill by one night performance only. Everyone knows that she tried her best these days : Arena tour -> a nation -> Music Station -> TA tour. Too much for her...

We have realized how good she was in Music Station already. Although it wasn't excellent but it was good and emotional enough ...

By the way, I love the digest, and yes, I wish for the new rather than the recycled ones from CDL. Why isn't Mirrorcle World/Secret/Pride in the digest to make it more interesting?

Last edited by holy_arrow; 15th October 2015 at 04:07 AM.
Old 14th October 2015, 05:52 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:

Since when Ayu has to absolutely do something different from her CDL? Is there an official rule that says : "all arena tours must absolutely different from CDL"? If bitch liked her cdl so much, let her make the following arena tour an "improved CDL", she worked a lot on GAME air performance so it would be waste to only use it for 3 shows. She's offering us 1 arena tour per year + 1 cdl per year so i don't see why you would come and bitch about her recycling ideas, she's working hard enough for her fans already.

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Last edited by attractive nausea; 14th October 2015 at 05:55 PM.
Old 14th October 2015, 05:52 PM
Initiate

To me her singing is great considering she is half deaf.
Old 14th October 2015, 06:41 PM
starting over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by attractive nausea View Post
Since when Ayu has to absolutely do something different from her CDL? Is there an official rule that says : "all arena tours must absolutely different from CDL"? If bitch liked her cdl so much, let her make the following arena tour an "improved CDL", she worked a lot on GAME air performance so it would be waste to only use it for 3 shows. She's offering us 1 arena tour per year + 1 cdl per year so i don't see why you would come and bitch about her recycling ideas, she's working hard enough for her fans already.
Not saying ayu isn't working hard and yes game was a wonderful performance. But there was a time when cdl's weren't spilers for the arena tours. Yeah ayu is offering us 2 concerts DVDs per year but so what if they're both almost the same ."improved cdl" just like last years tour right! I'm not bitching just stating this fact this arena tour is 44% recycled. But if that's what ayu wants to do then fine. But recycled is recycled!!
Old 14th October 2015, 08:23 PM
winding road H-Initiate

^ I wouldn't call something "recycled" when it's supposed to be the same thing to begin with... It's not a different concert, it's an extension of the same concert. The idea was never do a different concert where she happened to reuse some performances, it's supposed to be a continuation of the same concert with just some enhancements, so I wouldn't call it "recycling" per say.

Last edited by pimenta; 14th October 2015 at 08:28 PM.
Old 14th October 2015, 09:15 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Not saying ayu isn't working hard and yes game was a wonderful performance. But there was a time when cdl's weren't spilers for the arena tours. Yeah ayu is offering us 2 concerts DVDs per year but so what if they're both almost the same ."improved cdl" just like last years tour right! I'm not bitching just stating this fact this arena tour is 44% recycled. But if that's what ayu wants to do then fine. But recycled is recycled!!
Yeah but she did it already with CDL 2011/2012 HLS → Arena tour 2012 HLS and once she did a whole CDL recycling performances from previous tours, if she does so every year i understand that it's kinda disappointing but she has only done it a few times!

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 14th October 2015, 11:20 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by attractive nausea View Post
Yeah but she did it already with CDL 2011/2012 HLS → Arena tour 2012 HLS and once she did a whole CDL recycling performances from previous tours, if she does so every year i understand that it's kinda disappointing but she has only done it a few times!
You can go back even further to AT03-04 tbh. Her CDL in 2003 was technically the beginning of that tour.
Old 15th October 2015, 11:19 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
You can go back even further to AT03-04 tbh. Her CDL in 2003 was technically the beginning of that tour.
this. only true ayu fans know this fact.

and imma say this for the last time (hopefully), CDL and nxt AT basically just few month in gap, do you really this she can do rehearsal with totally new stage new setlist new dress new dance???

oh, of coz for your pleasure she can definetly do another CDL like Future Classics / PCDL then totally new AT, then you should bare she will perform her CDL in the same old castle stage.
Old 15th October 2015, 12:54 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

tbh I prefer when she extends the CDL into ATs cause at least WE EXPECT some performances to be similar/equal

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 15th October 2015, 12:59 PM
Who... Initiate

it's okay if they have some similarities but i think AT15 was too similar with CDL14-15 i get it that it was planned to be so but i don't enjoy it as much as like CDL13-14 & PSC
Old 15th October 2015, 10:13 PM
MY STORY Initiate

I don't mind those similarities between CDLs and ATs because at least she doesn't use CDL setlist only for ATs. She has new performances in ATs along with CDL tracks. That would suck so much imo. :p

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 15th October 2015, 10:42 PM
Depend on you Initiate

It's sad because you can clearly tell that this tour only did more damage to her already fragile voice. Just compare the CDL performance of Duty to the AT15 one. :/ Her voice is even more coarse now. I wish she would give herself a complete vocal break for some time before she starts recording and performing again.
Old 16th October 2015, 06:48 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

I ordered the TA ver and now I need to cancel my order because I hit a bit of a financial snag. But I don't know how to cancel the order and I don't know any Japanese. Can anyone help me?

Set made by Mary-Tina. Thank you!
Old 16th October 2015, 07:59 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by //ABEST View Post
it's okay if they have some similarities but i think AT15 was too similar with CDL14-15 i get it that it was planned to be so but i don't enjoy it as much as like CDL13-14 & PSC
Neither do I. I do love the concert in general but as a loyal fan who watches both the CDL's and the AT's it gets frustrating at times.

------------------------------
And of her vocals, this is an unpopular opinion but hear me out. To be honest, I kinda like how Ayu's vocals are always a little 50/50 in terms of good and bad. Cause, if you want, you can make it a little game for yourself. "Are her vocals good? If they are... Imma get myself a treat and enjoy the show. Are her vocals bad? If they are... Imma get myself a bigger treat because I survived listening to it. Go me." Like. You never know which Ayu you're going to get and either way you can get something out of it. xD However. She is trying her hardest. I honestly feel just how much work she's putting into this and I enjoy that more than anything.

Spoiler:

I still hate that cover though. Like, I get most of the little pictures on it. But why is that dude on the bottom left there? He's on a wheel. That's it. Hell, even his position makes it look like he's going 'oh hell. I'm stuck on a wheel. I'm stuck on wheel. Holy s*** I'm stuck on a wheel. I could easily get out of this wheel since it's got no walls and I could easily just step out. But I won't. Cause then I wouldn't be stuck on a wheel.'

Finally, I can stop dreaming....

Tags
arena tour 2015, cirque de minuit, dvd/bd release