FLOWER & Mad World (Short ver. MVs on YouTube) - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 17th June 2016, 09:55 AM
Don't look back Initiate

I actually found FLOWER's video to be one heck of a juxtaposition like the song's title.

1. We didnt expect FLOWER to be this angsty rock track. But it turned out so despite its gentle title.

2. She posture on the couch was VERY geisha/artisan? It reeked of traditional Japanese vibes but yet she was not exactly dressed in that sense. And after that regal pose, its as though she went like F this sh*t and just went berserk. Super big contrast there.

3. The whole vertical subtitles idea i guess is suppose to give off this traditional video sense. Yet the whole setting isn't traditional at all. It looks like a hotel. (and she looks wasted..lol)
Old 17th June 2016, 09:58 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_surrealism View Post
If I were styled like this I'd rip my hair and dress off as well lol.

I actually don't mind the simplicity of the Mad World PV but it's such a waste of a good song to execute such a thoughtless concept for the video. A video like this should be reserved for duds. Like Winter Diary.
Ayu has had simple PVs that work well before so it's nothing new and it's looking like Mad World will be one of them. I also think it's more suitable for the song to have a more simplisticpv as long as it's done well and that seems to be the case so far here. But I'd like to see all of it to get a better grasp on it. I wouldn't really want it to be anything extravagant or overly complex, tbh. It would clash with the pure feelings and rawness of the song (lyrics and all) that make it one of my favorites in a while.

Flower on the other hand is ruined by doing it all in one shot and her overdramatic acting which is really just bad acting. It's never really convincing and I'm not sure why people let her do this. I appreciate the energy but even her facial expression, just the fuckin most. I'll still be fine with the PV but it will be awkward. There's a way to be dramatic and it's not this.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 17th June 2016, 10:08 AM
And Then Initiate

MAD WORLD PV is just beautiful!
Old 17th June 2016, 10:12 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Am I the only one who actually like both Mad World and Flower's MV preview?

So much complaints on having a "cheap" video... I mean the girl is currently on a tour, I don't really think she would have the time (or the budget lol) to plan for a grand looking mv.

We've been getting "okay" or "meh" videos since her LOVE again era... what would you expect?

praying for your souls

Old 17th June 2016, 10:15 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikku1994 View Post

So much complaints on having a "cheap" video... I mean the girl is currently on a tour, I don't really think she would have the time (or the budget lol) to plan for a grand looking mv.

We've been getting "okay" or "meh" videos since her LOVE again era... what would you expect?
I love both. They have the rawness of her older videos (pre-MY STORY).

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 17th June 2016, 10:18 AM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikku1994 View Post

EXACTLY. i think these are looking way better than many videos she has done before. (WARNING, people?? she looks so natural here compared to that shit) i don't know what people expect from her
Old 17th June 2016, 10:22 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I like the previews too~
Old 17th June 2016, 10:25 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by //ABEST View Post
i don't know what people expect from her
seems fairyland and jewel, if they mention budget
Old 17th June 2016, 10:40 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I love both too!
She looks stunning, and about her acting... She is not the best actress, but I love her expressions... These are so... ¿Ayu? So, there is not problem for me.

And her real way of crying is not so different (softer, obviously, but similar)

But, well..., even when she cries because she needs everybody says that she is acting. This is so, so sad -_-+

-Afraid of Tell All chorus-

Old 17th June 2016, 10:42 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I love the vibe of Mad World's PV!
Old 17th June 2016, 10:43 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeyChan View Post
I love both too!
She looks stunning, and about her acting... She is not the best actress, but I love her expressions... These are so... ¿Ayu? So, there is not problem for me.

And her real way of crying is not so different (softer, obviously, but similar)

But, well..., even when she cries because she needs everybody says that she is acting. This is so, so sad -_-+
That's why I love so much FLOWER's PV.

Hey, the reason of this smile and the meaning of this word can't be understood
Because I don't even want to make them understood
— until that Day...

Old 17th June 2016, 10:48 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

These PVs fit the current Ayu perfectly. I believe anyone expecting grandeur at this point for these songs may be stuck believing we are still in the early 2000s.
Old 17th June 2016, 10:57 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

And FLOWER seems to be a one shot video with an only one try...
I think she is thinking "OMFG, Ayu, don't fuck it up......" xD

-Afraid of Tell All chorus-

Old 17th June 2016, 11:00 AM
everlasting dream Initiate

I really like them Nice concepts, sets and outfits.

I'll never be a fan of her melodramatic acting, but I admit it suits FLOWER, so it doesn't bother me.

I'm really happy with the MADE IN JAPAN era~ I wanna make graphics now
Old 17th June 2016, 11:09 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

When I was watching this, I thought: YASSSSS!!!!!

1. Mad World: I really enjoy the second part, where she stands in front of the projections. I understood the message. It's really nice.

2. FLOWER: when I saw the previous I immediately called out the overdramatic gestures. The beginning was so lovely, when she acted as if she was a geisha princess (when I listen to this song and imagine myself in a fake video clip, I do the same gestures haha)

I am not sure if one take was really a good idea, because the flower crown got stuck in her hair, she hit the butterflies on her dress and sometimes she really felt out of sight in the video. But I think this is me complaining about nothing. I really think she did something very well and I can't wait to see both videoclips in full version.

Very happy that I bought CD+DVD

Old 17th June 2016, 11:11 AM
End of the World Initiate

OH MY GOD SHE'S WEARING JEANS IN MAD WORLD. I love it, the start is just like all the photos we've had but in motion. It's like, she dressed the way she used to, showing us clips from the past. I mean, I guess she's giving the people who want to go back in time what they want!

I liked FLOWER too, yeah she's overdramatic but that's Ayu! I loved the part where she gets the hairpiece stuck - it seemed so accidental, but something that was kept. We would have never seen something so 'imperfect' from Ayu before.

I'm so excited for the full videos.I think she does much better work when she goes simple now (like Last Minute) than going dramatic (like Winter Diary).
Old 17th June 2016, 11:16 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

God, what do people expect? Avex doesn't give out millions of budget for PVs anymore, not for her at least. Sure you can do more "expensive looking" things even with a small budget but I don't think these are bad at all they have emotion and meaning. FLOWER reminded me of Don't look back with the hair cutting and makeup smearing.

tumblr

Last edited by Ryusei; 17th June 2016 at 11:20 AM.
Old 17th June 2016, 11:16 AM
Dolls Initiate

Im very disapointed with FLOWER PV cause she looks ridicolous acting like that. I feel embarassed watchinh this. Besides, this is nothing original. She done that in DLB and it was more deep and technically way more proffesional.

But Mad World wow! Thats the minimalistic type of video I love!! Meaningful and touching. Those screens damn...
Old 17th June 2016, 11:42 AM
July 1st Initiate

Well, I couldn't resist. I watched the previews and I'm satisfied with them.
In FLOWER, the way she acts reminds me of the PVs directed by Shimoko...
And for MAD WORLD, it's very moving and meaningfull.

Do we know the nams of the directors ? (I assume Masashi Muto is ine the place...)

Old 17th June 2016, 11:45 AM
Connected Initiate

While looking at the news preview, I'm very interested in FLOWER and meh to Mad world. But upon seeing the short version of both, I've flipped my interest lol.

Mad world seems deep! 1st seeing her wearing something similar to her Life performance on ms during the 311. It gives a down to earth feel which might symbolise her start of singing career. Then a rough of ppl came n surround her as they dressed her up in diva style. After, a bucket of black ink thrown onto the floor and pollute/tainted her. Which might symbolise the power of the words by reporters and netizen critics of her. Have yet to see the full pv but this shd be a very meaningful PV! (Oh yeah and the video of her past being projected in the bg is so nice!)
FLOWER on the other hand.... don't quite like her acting there. She's acting like geisha but without the dress is weird and the crazy act seems like a breakdown. And the if we're to relate to the lyrics, she seems to became a crazy b after a torn relationship.... not what I really expected... but wait till the full PV! Hope it turns out awesome!

Tags
flower, m(a)de in japan, mad world, made in japan