FLOWER & Mad World (Short ver. MVs on YouTube) - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 17th June 2016, 06:22 PM
TO BE Initiate

referring to flower:
everyone expected a song similar to mr. darling, instead of flower being flower
If i came in touch with flower the first time by seeing the musicvideo (without hearing any previews) it would have been a shock to me.(positve shock! )
i still love it and the MV makes my love even stronger.
Flower is my surprising 'love song' 2016. im listenig every day to it and i dont see a time coming where im sick of it.

I want to turn into a flower, grow thorns,
wither, fall and rot away
Don’t pick me up, leave me
Forget me

Old 17th June 2016, 06:32 PM
Dolls Initiate

Is there somewhere a Rip to download? I can't watch it.
Old 17th June 2016, 06:49 PM
As if.. Initiate

I can't with the dramatics in this thread Even going as far as saying THEY'RE "embarrassed" for her? As if she gives a fuck lol Never change AHS. The mess is entertaining
Old 17th June 2016, 06:52 PM
BEST Initiate

I'm personally not a fan of her more sporadic/dramatic acting, like in Flower -- I prefer more subtle. That said, she is clearly doing it purposefully and that is fine.

So many people hating on Flower who probably think Mirrorcle World is brilliant, when she's doing the same thing.
Old 17th June 2016, 06:55 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron View Post
So many people hating on Flower who probably think Mirrorcle World is brilliant, when she's doing the same thing.
and she still nailed it! i wish people here were on industry and made their perfect 1M$ 3months shooting videos
Old 17th June 2016, 07:01 PM
TO BE Initiate

Lol I don't think these videos are meaningless -- sure, there's meaning and intent behind them -- but I think that they are just lame as fuck. There, I said it.

There's nothing remotely interesting or innovative about the execution, nor does she seem to have anything remotely interesting to say.

For those who say that this era is about doing 'simple' - yea, like how she basically dug deep into the recesses of her complex soul to decide that a clean shot of her smiling at the camera is the most groundbreaking concept ever for the covers of the TA edition of the album, amirite?

There's nothing wrong with a simple, pared down video. I think Utada Hikaru's PV for "Hikari" was simple but beautifully executed (and I am always first and foremost an Ayu fan before I am a Hikki fan).

I honestly feel like she should have just released the album WITHOUT any PVs because the existence of these videos is seriously marring my experience of the album. Flower is such a powerful song, and watching her flail like that just undercuts everything with humour for me. Can't take it seriously at all.

EDIT:

Rewatched the Flower clip again JUST to see if there are any redeeming factors that I might have missed out on and all I can uncover are EVEN more flaws, like the false start to the vocal part just before she starts singing at the start, like she was gonna sing too early and changed her gestures to save it. It's like they couldn't even be arsed to do a new take to rectify that. -_-

Last edited by js_surrealism; 17th June 2016 at 07:04 PM.
Old 17th June 2016, 07:02 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

I like FLOWER except for the almost-required crying lol.

Old 17th June 2016, 07:13 PM
I am... Initiate

All I can say is I'm glad I don't use AHS opinions as a guide for critiquing work... "it needs to be classic yet new and modern, a hint of understated while being dramatic, high fashion but simple and laid-back, nothing like we expect but always exactly what we demand!" Y'all are fecking fruit loops.

I actually like the videos. I find Mad World bit confusing with the whole nature element then there is absolutely nothing natural in the video. Like go to a forest or garden or at least stand in the outdoor section of Home Depot. FLOWER I love. There's something so Japanese about it. She doesn't need to be draped in a kimono surrounded by sakura trees and anime so give off a Japanese feel. Her attitude, her styling and the things she's doing are kind of symbolic of Japanese dramas. Totally MADE IN JAPAN. Mad World could have that connection too I guess, with her idea that "look, I was MADE IN JAPAN" (fashion change and images in the back) but also destroyed by Japan (the ink)

ROCK'N'ROLL

rock chick

Old 17th June 2016, 07:44 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiu-Ayu View Post
All I can say is I'm glad I don't use AHS opinions as a guide for critiquing work... "it needs to be classic yet new and modern, a hint of understated while being dramatic, high fashion but simple and laid-back, nothing like we expect but always exactly what we demand!" Y'all are fecking fruit loops.
Who's saying that tho?
Old 17th June 2016, 07:49 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^^I think people took the trees and winds on mad world a bit too literally

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 17th June 2016, 07:51 PM
TO BE Initiate

Just going through her PV discography again. Damn, Rock'n'roll circus, one of my least favourite of her albums, really had a great run of PVs in them. That feels like an eternity ago but it's really only been 6 years lol.
Old 17th June 2016, 07:53 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_surrealism View Post
There's nothing wrong with a simple, pared down video. I think Utada Hikaru's PV for "Hikari" was simple but beautifully executed (and I am always first and foremost an Ayu fan before I am a Hikki fan).
wait what? you are an ayu fan? i've never seen you say anything good about her
Old 17th June 2016, 08:01 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

I don't get how she was supposed to act in FLOWER, you don't look pretty or see that you have perfect expressions when you're having a breakdown which is clearly what's happening there. Also the wrong start of lipsyncing is such a reach as well as her not getting the head-piece out of her hair, it was just a wig and she obviously wasnt careful about taking it out, cause it didnt matter, it's not her hair. For how severe the vocals are I couldnt really picture her with a calmer expression (at least for the chorus) + we haven't seen the full thing yet even...

What concerns me more: where is the 2nd verse of Mad World?

tumblr

Last edited by Ryusei; 17th June 2016 at 08:03 PM.
Old 17th June 2016, 08:06 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryusei View Post

What concerns me more: where is the 2nd verse of Mad World?
They've probably just edited the short version to show the later part of the song, instead of the first minute or 2. Probably wanted us to see the costume change and her singing with the old clips. Probably because that part shows the whole message she's been going for this era so well.
Old 17th June 2016, 08:06 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

^That worries me too--I want the full song to have a video.

Old 17th June 2016, 08:26 PM
No way to say Initiate

Wow..there's nothing interesting, shocking or anything at stake about cutting of hair when we knows its obviously a wig.
Old 17th June 2016, 08:28 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by //ABEST View Post
wait what? you are an ayu fan? i've never seen you say anything good about her
Yea....try harder. The post I made that is literally just above yours is literally me praising something that she did. I also liked MIJ the album a lot, but the visual aspect has been nothing but a complete fail for me.

One can be a fan of an artist without having to blindly love everything she does, especially when there are clear deficiencies in the work...
Old 17th June 2016, 08:28 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

... Yes, she should mess up her real hair for a music video.

Old 17th June 2016, 08:41 PM
poker face Initiate

And I thought, FLOWER was recorded when she didnīt has her hair cut
Crucial, how the wig seems to be present

Oh and donīt use words like "hate"- itīs such a strong word to be wasted only for a video.
It almost seems like a inflational word, like the meaning is losing its original fierceness...
Old 17th June 2016, 08:52 PM
End of the World Initiate

I like both pv's so far but I can't wait to see the rest of Mad World's. It's my favorite song from the album so far and watching the video gave me such chills.

Tags
flower, m(a)de in japan, mad world, made in japan