[News] ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2015-2016 A ~II thread~ - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 1st January 2016, 03:13 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuGAME View Post
I think she did well in Marionette performance..definitely she will step it up if she bring that performance to her AT 2016, maybe she will add light on the cube pipe..also do more daring choreography...I'm not in love with the costume...I believe something darker suit the song more than that pinky ice skating dress...
yeah Marrionette deserves a more dark, classy huge dress like not this ice skating dress like she wore for Carols at CDL 04-05
Old 1st January 2016, 03:14 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

the full concert is uploaded on yinyuetai as "Countdown Live 2015-2016 A ~Made In Tokyo~" you need to download hola or something similiar to get on the website with a chinese proxy
Old 1st January 2016, 03:38 PM
Don't look back Initiate

I think I can understand why she stopped singing UNITE! because the high notes were quite high to hit given her new lower register. I dont usually find issues with ayu's vocals but hmm..in GREEN, she was trying to be dramatic and grand-sounding, it compromised the idea of a softer, more oriental tone. In WARNING, I think she doesnt bother in the LALALA parts. She tends to just shout during the AHHHs and EEHHHs (like in some parts of Marionette, which is honestly pretty alright in the less dramatic parts). Or when there are big jumps in the notes, like during Summer diary's chorus.

She looks so beautiful in the opening and during the winter medley omgosh. and omg CAROLS, that dancer looks like Siwon LOL. She sounds more controlled in CAROLS and Winter diary too. When theres not too much mambo jambo around her. Winter diary's performance reminds me of the gorgeous aerial winter medley she did years ago for CDL too.

Actually I thought the TOKYO theme would continue for a bit. Like showing the oriental side in the opening (especially giving WARNING some oriental sounds) and showing the maid cafes culture in TOKYO too. But the other parts of the concert were rather disconnected. I simply couldnt have the Monkey God wandering into Marionette's performance omg...

Ivy was STUNNING. It was just so powerful omg. It's a dream come true to be seeing that song be performed under such a circumstance. And you could clearly hear her raspiness after the performance. I tihnk her voice wasnt in the best condition to begin with so really, no biggie for me. Especially seeing all her heart & soul during the preparation video. AYU YOU CAN SOUND SUBPAR BUT YOUR HEART AND DEDICATION ALWAYS MAKES ME RESPECT YOU AND MAKES ME THAT FAN WHICH I AM!!

Song 4 u was a conveninent swap for progress last year HAHA!! Sadly her voice wasnt in the best condition for Many Classic Moments but she really tried ><
Old 1st January 2016, 03:44 PM
too late Initiate

Just finished to see the whole show : to be honest, as an Ayu fan, it is not her best live at all...she just has to make shorter show but with better quality instead of quantity : she sings too much, her voice doesn't follow (even the audience don't seem to be exited...) A 1h45 show MAXIMUM should be better, for public and for her voice. I love "Dream on", but how boring is that version...! Hope that ayu will think her career with "quality aspect" for future shows...
Old 1st January 2016, 03:45 PM
monochrome Initiate

Many Classic Moments was shaming... TK's piano playing was so awful and off-putting :/
The meaning and the significance of my existence

Old 1st January 2016, 03:59 PM
July 1st Initiate

All of these reviews, good and bad, make me even more excited to download the show. I'll download once I'm back at work (currently my house WiFi has a quota so I'd feel bad for my family if I used all of them for ayu).
Old 1st January 2016, 04:09 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

SOOO how many of us think that the concept for AT16 will be Made In Tokyo...? lol

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 1st January 2016, 04:16 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

I was there live and her vocals were good. I don't know what the TV version did to her vocals. Haha. But I do agree that Many Classic Moments was screechy.

Yes her dress got stuck during Ivy but it was rectified pretty quickly.

And the prop Ayu was sitting on during Winter diary was supposed to spin as in the first 2 days of the concert but on the final concert, it didn't spin. It only went up and down multiple times
Old 1st January 2016, 04:34 PM
MY STORY Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggn View Post
The reviews of people who actually go usually say her voice is good. Its all the people who see LQ 30 seconds preview of the TV version who say her voice is so bad and horrible. Then when the DVD comes out, they are all like, best concert ever. Just look at any previous thread talking about a TV version just after it has come out, then follow up with the DVD release thread
This is why I don't watch TV versions of lives, I just wait for the official DVD release so I can experience the best quality sound.

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 1st January 2016, 04:39 PM
P.S II Initiate

I want to download the concert but I got no time coz I'm in the middle of packing stuffs now *argh* I think I just have to wait for official bluray out

BTW, is there any AT2016 announcement?
Old 1st January 2016, 04:51 PM
Don't look back Initiate

but well come on,

ayu has had the longest concert of her career with Cirque de Minuit, TA tour and well, a-nation lol. she has been singing almost NONSTOP in 2015. I really dont blame her. All those rehearsals and behind the scenes moments too. She needs to take care of herself in 2016 and have a better schedule.
Old 1st January 2016, 04:58 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

^That's how I feel also. I'm so happy that she did three different tours, two albums, the globe tribute, and now A7 with a PV.

I think just a few less tour dates would be fine. I don't want her to slow down when it comes to releasing music...lol but I do want her to take care of herself, of course. She knows what she can handle. She'll be fine.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 1st January 2016, 05:19 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

It's not the best concert, but it's not the worst neither. I do agree that she sounds strained at times, but well that's understandable... And the vocals weren't that bad. I just hope she takes a short break, maybe a couple of months, to rest and take care of her voice before her next tour, because I really enjoyed CDM in terms of vocals and would love her to not just stop there and keep improving.

I'd actually love it if she kept the theme for AT2016, and explored it more. Like someone mentioned in another thread, it would be pretty good if she called it "Made in Japan". I'd be happy if she kept GREEN and Ivy, and made the rest of the concert Japan-inspired, too.
Old 1st January 2016, 06:30 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
SOOO how many of us think that the concept for AT16 will be Made In Tokyo...? lol
i hope she does ARENA TOUR 2016A ~next album~ kinda tour again, it's been ages since she did that
Old 1st January 2016, 07:06 PM
Dolls Initiate

I've watched the concert until Song 4 U because I was in a hurry but I'll probably finish it tommorow.
01.GREEN - hands down, my favourite performance of the night and one of my favourites overall. My eyes were blessed by the multitude of things happening in the background while ayu was singing. Her vocals were really good too, which was a nice surprise. The new arrangement is beautiful!
02.WARNING - vocals were so-so (good in some parts, ok in others); I appreciate the touch of traditional sound, it takes the song to another level.
03.UNITE! - vocals are ok, but bad in some parts which was to be expected. I expected worse to be honest. Again, hints of traditional japanese, yay! It actually makes the song listenable.
04.STEP you - that break dance!! lol at that huge costume. Like some other member said, ayu definitely has humour.
05.Fly high - props to rock bridge!
06.Ladies Night - nothing unusual, ok overall
*Marionette ~Prelude~ - nice that she decided to use this interlude again. Works great with the humans like doll / air tricks story
07.Marionette - my second favourite performance of the night! Man, ayu really worked hard for this, and even her vocals are stable which was a bit of a shock for me since I don't recall a great past performance of this song. Great visuals once again!
*the Nuit interlude - Love how she uses so many elements into her concerts like : music, circus, theatre etc. The shadow dancing was memorable and enjoyable
08.appears ~ Missing ~ CAROLS ~ Dearest - Missing is a standout, and overall her vocals are clear. But I dislike the overreacting lol
09.Winter Diary - cool snowy effect. I don't know, but I didn't enjoyed this performance as much as I thought I would. Still, vocals were pretty good.
10.Summer Diary - simple performance, nothing memorable but ok
11.Ivy - She finally performed this!!! I'm glad that she used that beautiful kimono for this song too! But I'm also disappointed that the instrumental was identical to the CD track.
12.Born to Be - ok performance. 2016 though!!!!

Overall, I'm really satisfied with the main show. The encore is kinda plain, looking at the setlist.

Last edited by Surreal17; 1st January 2016 at 07:09 PM.
Old 1st January 2016, 07:32 PM
Who... Initiate

My favorite performances are GREEN and Ivy.

I think her vocals were the best on Winter and Summer Diary.
Dream On was good too.
Old 1st January 2016, 07:45 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
She can release a new album called "My Diary" and make the (ARENA TOUR 2016 A My Diary) like she do in the past albums and tours.
Old 1st January 2016, 08:02 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isicio View Post
She can release a new album called "My Diary" and make the (ARENA TOUR 2016 A My Diary) like she do in the past albums and tours.
After Summer Diary, Winter Diary, and writing the lyrics for a song called Diary that would be overkill.
Old 1st January 2016, 08:24 PM
Because of You Initiate

That marionette dress is awfully familiar. Did they modified the L's covers' one?
Old 1st January 2016, 08:25 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by miki_beland View Post
Many Classic Moments was shaming... TK's piano playing was so awful and off-putting :/
This. I hated it.

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, countdown live 2015-2016, made in tokyo