AKB48 Member Has Shaved Her Head Over "Sex Scandal" - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat

Notices

Old 3rd February 2013, 03:08 PM
Initiate

God, I ****ing hate idol mistreatment. I mean, I hate idols in general BECAUSE it's this kind of atmosphere but there's no way in hell a grown woman (or ANYONE) should have to go through this and feel obligated to contribute to some nonsense fantasy of fans. It's the contract that's flawed, not the people. The contract shouldn't be restricting them from doing things that are completely freakin' natural.

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 4th February 2013, 01:10 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

This is SICK...

They are on contract but this poor woman, her career is ruined and public image it seems because she has a boyfriend and stayed at his place.

I hope she recovers and gets into a new act.
Old 5th February 2013, 02:25 AM
Two of us Initiate

i hope she'll get better projects after this.

im not sure if she did it herself or someone forced her to do it to stay in akb48. let's see what's next.
Old 5th February 2013, 04:00 AM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
God, I ****ing hate idol mistreatment. I mean, I hate idols in general BECAUSE it's this kind of atmosphere but there's no way in hell a grown woman (or ANYONE) should have to go through this and feel obligated to contribute to some nonsense fantasy of fans.
Exactly. I had a discussion with my boyfriend about this yesterday and basically said the same exact thing. They must be pretty desperate to give up a normal lifestyle to play out this fantasy for fame, and I pity them for that. But it's almost worse knowing this girl is shamed to the point of tears and emotional suffering for doing what normal people do.

This article says: "What is happening here is that the protection of fans’ fragile fantasies automatically trumps the basic human right to a life outside that fantasy framework. Though as lawyer Hifumi Okunuki pointed out in a Japan Times article on Jan. 22, such an arrangement is probably illegal under Japanese labor laws."

Isn't it just ridiculous?

Last edited by susiowong; 7th February 2013 at 06:33 AM.
Old 5th February 2013, 04:25 AM
Greatful days Initiate

This story was actually featured on CNN. Got a long spot too. They showed the youtube clip and interviewed people over in Japan about it. This girl's life is ruined on an international level and she willingly participated and allowed this to happen.

Hope them tears tasted good.

I Have Never Tried On PERFUME Before, But There Is A First Time For Everything.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Man, CoriKaru's posts are gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
^Hell no, Ayu is not that pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^ There's nothig wrong on being a slut...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
I saw Ayu's dress and realized where the budget for the whole video went. On the dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriKaru View Post
ayumistans I swear fo' gawd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelosama View Post
For some things you have Mastercard, for others you have Nakata Yasutaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle ! View Post
Kuu Like a Sick And His midecin is near She should use it before it's gonna expire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauser_Bateson View Post
So this is the girl who said her favorite Playstation game was Super Mario Bros. and held the PS Vita upside down at a press conference.

That aside, how's her music? Is it good?
Old 10th February 2013, 09:13 PM
ayu trance Initiate

^
They spoke about this on one of the most watched channel in france yesterday ! and the comments of the journalist was not very good ...

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 11th February 2013, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susiowong View Post
Exactly. I had a discussion with my boyfriend about this yesterday and basically said the same exact thing. They must be pretty desperate to give up a normal lifestyle to play out this fantasy for fame, and I pity them for that. But it's almost worse knowing this girl is shamed to the point of tears and emotional suffering for doing what normal people do.

This article says: "What is happening here is that the protection of fans’ fragile fantasies automatically trumps the basic human right to a life outside that fantasy framework. Though as lawyer Hifumi Okunuki pointed out in a Japan Times article on Jan. 22, such an arrangement is probably illegal under Japanese labor laws."

Isn't it just ridiculous?
Really like the article you posted, especially this part:

Quote:
Some fans, in particular those from overseas, are crying foul. “No!” they say, “You have gone too far, Mr. Akimoto! Even though she did something wrong, this punishment is cruel!” However, these fans are also guilty. By accepting that Minegishi transgressed in the first place they make it simply a matter of degree, when the system of which they are part — which believes that it has any right or say over the private lives of others — is what is really to blame.

The deeper truth is that idol fan culture, as well as the closely related anime and manga fan culture, is institutionally incapable of dealing with independence in young women. It seeks out and fetishizes weaknesses and vulnerabilities and calls it moé, it demands submissiveness, endless tearful displays of gratitude, a lack of confidence, and complete control over their sexual independence. AKB48 takes this a step further by allowing its (largely male) fans to sit in annual judgment, voting members up or down in the group’s hierarchy. The danger is of this fantasy creeping out more widely into society: Japan currently ranks at 101 in the world gender-equality rankings (79 places below the United States, 32 below China, and two below Azerbaijan). What will a 13-year-old girl think when she sees a humiliated member apologizing for natural human behavior?
Old 11th February 2013, 08:07 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriKaru View Post
This story was actually featured on CNN. Got a long spot too. They showed the youtube clip and interviewed people over in Japan about it. This girl's life is ruined on an international level and she willingly participated and allowed this to happen.

Hope them tears tasted good.

Well she does not deserve it at all, no one does.

it's not like there are photos of her blowing the guy and it's her BF.