Vocaly strong Namie performances? - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat

Notices

Old 23rd December 2012, 01:55 PM
I am... Initiate

Maybe she's just not your thing, she does have a very quiet approach to songwriting with verrrrrry long build-ups.
Old 23rd December 2012, 02:27 PM

^yeah, I guess that's it. And I have to say I don't like her voice. Nya, that's so not really correct. It's more like, her voice also always sounds the same for me what makes it again boring. I don't know how to explain this well, but for me it's like she would save her voice in a sweet, beautiful casket and never let it out.
I really tried to get into her and everytime I hear a song of her and think "yeah, that's it!" nothing more comes. It's over before it really began.
Besides most of her fans piss me off. I always thought Ayu fans are crazy over their goddess, but Hikki fans... Everything she does is gold and she is always the best, regardless what she does. She has the best vocals out there, she writes the best lyrics (which are one of the most cliché I ever read, and don't let me start with her English lyrics...), she has the best videos... She is simply superior to everyone else. I can't stand this "holier-than-thou" thing. I guess I like Kuu fans most. They seem to be always happy with what she releases. Of course she is the best for her fans, but not the way Hikki is for her fans. And even when they are not happy with a Kuu release, they are like "well, she will release something else in future and I'm sure there will be something I like".
Old 23rd December 2012, 11:40 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
^yeah, I guess that's it. And I have to say I don't like her voice. Nya, that's so not really correct. It's more like, her voice also always sounds the same for me what makes it again boring. I don't know how to explain this well, but for me it's like she would save her voice in a sweet, beautiful casket and never let it out.
I really tried to get into her and everytime I hear a song of her and think "yeah, that's it!" nothing more comes. It's over before it really began.
Besides most of her fans piss me off. I always thought Ayu fans are crazy over their goddess, but Hikki fans... Everything she does is gold and she is always the best, regardless what she does. She has the best vocals out there, she writes the best lyrics (which are one of the most cliché I ever read, and don't let me start with her English lyrics...), she has the best videos... She is simply superior to everyone else. I can't stand this "holier-than-thou" thing. I guess I like Kuu fans most. They seem to be always happy with what she releases. Of course she is the best for her fans, but not the way Hikki is for her fans. And even when they are not happy with a Kuu release, they are like "well, she will release something else in future and I'm sure there will be something I like".
Hikki is my all time favorite pop musician and imo she ***** all over everyone in the business when it's about lyrics, compositions and arrangments...

That's being said... I hate her fandom for the same reasons u do. And even if I love her music and her voice, she is one of the worst performers I ever saw... Bad karaoke level.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 24th December 2012, 12:05 AM

^I have nothing against fans like you, I mean when you don't think she is the best why would she be your favourite pop artist? xD
But I can't stand people who declare their opinion as fact...

I was really disappointed with her concerts I watched... Most of the time I adore artists more live and I hoped that this would be the same with Hikki too, but...
Old 31st December 2012, 03:26 PM
End roll Initiate

There are some good I Will performances I've heard.

Lyrics-wise, Hikki is mediocre. Sometimes she comes up with the goods, sometimes she lays an egg. There is always a level of depth she seems incapable of. But she's very consistent when it comes to composition and arrangement; one of the best in the business.

Most fans are annoying. There are very few you can engage with in a meaningful conversation.
Old 31st December 2012, 04:52 PM
ayu trance Initiate

I don't agree with the arrangements ! I really like Utada ! One of the few singer that I like almost all of the discography but I find that some of her songs have very poor arrangements & no diversity !

My Website Twitter Last.Fm

Last edited by mizuki-7; 31st December 2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 1st January 2013, 12:30 AM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uemarasan View Post
There are some good I Will performances I've heard.

Lyrics-wise, Hikki is mediocre. Sometimes she comes up with the goods, sometimes she lays an egg. There is always a level of depth she seems incapable of. But she's very consistent when it comes to composition and arrangement; one of the best in the business.

Most fans are annoying. There are very few you can engage with in a meaningful conversation.
weird, i feel the same way about ayufans
I love Dreaming I was dreaming, i think namie voice sounds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsYa_1BNfrc