Will things be better if Ayu leaves Avex? - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 9th June 2013, 05:36 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-baptiste View Post
But I agree that ayu's music really has little to do with her marketing strategies or wonky single releases. And even if ayu leaves avex her marketing may change a bit, but her music definitely won't.
it has to do with people she chose to work with. and peersonally i think the only way for her to go "fresh" is to go like everyone else - dance music. Just join the crowd and do what everyone else is. I kinda have a feeling that most of western fans would EAT THAT ALL UP LIKE HUNGRY WOLVES. i myself would just take a very very very long break from her, untill she stops pleasing the market.

but i think what everyone here sees as a problem is ayu's marketing and promotional teams..
Old 11th June 2013, 02:08 PM
Initiate

But where else can Ayu go to? I think it's more of the marketing and promotion problem.
Just paste her poster everywhere like crazy (just like what's happening for Kyary) and that will make people notice of Ayu.
And maybe Ayu shall appear in variety shows too.. I miss seeing her interaction with other artistes. Or maybe she should have her AyuReady back!! I think that'll help!!!

Namie-Fans.net
Old 11th June 2013, 05:44 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^Pamyu Pamyu Revolution sold less than Party Queen. Just saying...

Putting her face everywhere won't help... Not 15 years into her career and 10 years after she peaked

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 11th June 2013, 09:01 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Oh yes you are right. I had been confused since lately I had been playing Dejavu and JAPONESQUE but only the songs from JAPONESQUE which I like and that is two of them... IN THE AIR and LOVE TECHNIQUE. No Man's Land is ok too but not ground-breaking.
Shut up, Zeke.
Old 11th June 2013, 10:39 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshino View Post
But where else can Ayu go to? I think it's more of the marketing and promotion problem.
Just paste her poster everywhere like crazy (just like what's happening for Kyary) and that will make people notice of Ayu.
And maybe Ayu shall appear in variety shows too.. I miss seeing her interaction with other artistes. Or maybe she should have her AyuReady back!! I think that'll help!!!
She doesn't have to necessarily leave Avex, she could stay with them and outsource the marketing and promotion part to another company like many successful artists, both western and eastern, do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Putting her face everywhere won't help... Not 15 years into her career and 10 years after she peaked
True, but the way she is being marketed isn't doing her any justice. Its hurting her career, status, and reputation more than it is helping her. Like her putting Manny and Maro in videos and then getting involved with them is very low class.
Old 12th June 2013, 01:40 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^Yeah, because she needs a rich, powerful, older man to do her justice, right?

She puts whoever she wants on her material, and this is even less a problem with they actually ARE actors and models (the case here). People should grow up.

Old 12th June 2013, 02:40 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
^Yeah, because she needs a rich, powerful, older man to do her justice, right?

She puts whoever she wants on her material, and this is even less a problem with they actually ARE actors and models (the case here). People should grow up.

No that is clearly not what I said so don't put words in my mouth and try to contort what I said to make your point.

What I said was that it is very low class of her to put someone in her music videos and then start a relationship with them. It's the equivalent of someone being a CEO and then sleeping with their secretary. It paints a bad image for anyone and is going to create a scandal, especially for Ayu as a high profile celebrity because she putting everything pertaining to her relationship(s) on display for the entire world to see and that's what's low class about it because its starting to look like she can't do anything without an audience. It's bad for her brand.
Old 12th June 2013, 03:15 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I'm sorry, but your comparation doesn't make much sense, mostly because dancing for someone or acting with someone requires a amount of intimacy and put people close on a way a CEO should NEVER be with their secretaries. Also, people dating dancers or PV co-stars is ridiculously common on the west without any scandal... Actually, right now Madonna and J-Lo are dating her back-up dancers without having any problem because of that.

And I will go farther and say if it was a male star dating a backup dancer or a model/actress that appeared on a video, there would be no. problem. at. all.

Old 12th June 2013, 10:03 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Actually, right now Madonna and J-Lo are dating her back-up dancers without having any problem because of that.
Tbh, a lot of people complain/makefun/don't like this dancers' dating Madonna and J-Lo are doing!XD But that's inconsequential, it's something you may not like 'cause in your eyes it looks cheap, but ultimately it's their lives.
That's hardly the marketing decisions I mean, though. By bad marketing decisions I mean things like the mini-album releases (ambiguityyyy) or the A Classical package (cheaaap) or the photobook for LOVEagain (may be pretty, but I'm paying for beedsheets with an Ayu fingertoe popping out).

Hello new me...

Old 12th June 2013, 10:29 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

um yeah...no one likes the fact that they're with the dancers...it makes them look unprofessional.

In the end I think people just say, "well, you meet who you're around and you like who you like" but...it's still looked upon as kinda shady. Lots of people feel that you don't get involved with people who are your boss, or are under you.

I do think there is a double standard for men and women though when it comes to this. For men it's like, no big deal who they sleep around with...but women? ****. It's the end of the damn world.

I doubt Avex wanted any of this stuff public though. Kinda makes you think about how much control they DO have. I agree with marty though anyway, about the marketing and the ambiguity of releases, promotion and stuff.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 12th June 2013, 05:18 PM
Interlude Initiate

i don't think ayu will ever leave avex.
i understand that her ties to max matsuura are too strong to ever leave the company.
i also don't think they would let her leave easily... still too good of a ca$h cow.

as people have been saying for a long time, ayu needs a long break and come back when she has new inspiration. go out, have fun, relax, find a working relationship...
seriously, i think it is quite hard being hamasaki ayumi. so much pressure for years on end.
Old 22nd June 2013, 09:00 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Ayu will be under a contract, so obviously can't leave until that is fulfilled (or let go, which I don't think Avex will be wanting to do anytime soon). She may not be as much of a heavy hitter as in years past, but still has okay sales.

I've been a fan of hers for well over a decade and have grown tired of her. It may not be her music that's not selling, it's the boredom. Imagine eating ice cream cake every day of the year for 15 years. You'll get extremely bored of it.

I do feel sometimes her music is safe and the way Namie has reinvented herself is probably not something that will work for Ayu. Namie was around for 4-5 years before her hiatus and then clawed her way up a massive mountain to get where she is today. Took her a long time and I think she's finally found her sound now. Took a decade for her to get to this point. Ayu has been consistently releasing for 15 years. Will be very difficult to come back, even after a few years, without her long-standing reputation and impression on the JPop industry still being fresh in peoples minds. An icon is everlasting, and is never forgotten.

I don't believe extra money towards her covers, videos will help as Namie's videos are fantastic and are 99% of the time on a set (IE: Heaven - one of the best videos I've seen in a long while).

I know I'm blabbering on but in my opinion Ayu needs to do the following:
Take a small break and clear her head. Get rid of Timmy (sorry to his fans) and half her dancers and make them less prominent. There's a reason they-re called back-up dancers. Try out some more experimental producers (IE: like Madonna) and make a diverse album and to take her time with it. Who knows, maybe we'll have the next M or Free & Easy?

Ayu loves her fans and her business family, but needs to think with her head if she wants to be back "on top." Then again, maybe she doesn't want to and is just having fun while she can? God knows she doesn't need the money. Perhaps she is just making the music she wants and is living the party queen life style? (BTW: never ever will I ever be a fan of that album)

Tags
avex, ayu