Ayu - Anything Goes Thread -XI- - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 28th May 2015, 06:11 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarukaKamiya View Post
never had any problems with any of my converters from FLAC to mp3 for my friends but then again I'm strictly a lossless person unless it involves my ipod so *shrug*
My bad, it was actually something called "dithering."

http://www.earlevel.com/main/1996/10/20/what-is-dither/

http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/ind...howtopic=92297
Old 30th May 2015, 04:12 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Key has always been a song I've never been that interested in. But like, I'm obsessed with it right now.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 30th May 2015, 04:29 AM
rainy day Initiate

^ The lyrics are so simple yet beautiful. I love it so much.
Old 30th May 2015, 12:02 PM
Who... Initiate

i didn't see it any special until i heard A BEST LIVE version when she sings AAAAAAAAAAANAAAAATAA GAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 31st May 2015, 04:37 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Had a dream the new mini album is called Flower and the cover was fairy-like, a la forgiveness.

Haha

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 31st May 2015, 12:30 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

^ I had a dream that her team did a new sort of promoting thing by asking the fans which name they prefer for the new album and that AHS was thorn between two decisions. ouch.
Old 1st June 2015, 05:32 AM
Paper Doll Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Had a dream the new mini album is called Flower and the cover was fairy-like, a la forgiveness.

Haha
Hmm, I like the sound of that.
Old 1st June 2015, 08:06 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Key has always been a song I've never been that interested in. But like, I'm obsessed with it right now.
I want someone to sing Key in my wedding, or I would like to sing Key at someone's wedding lol it's just so sincerely written and beautiful.
Old 1st June 2015, 09:04 AM
appears Initiate

So, I listened to again today. And I kept skipping back to the parts on Wake me up where Ayu goes, "gel up, gel up, come on gel up, gel up" and I laughed and said "gel up" for awhile.

I also noticed how Melody has one of the most boring melodies I have ever heard. I half-wondered if Ayu was sitting around one day thinking, Hey, I wonder if I can write a song more boring than crossroad, something that takes up 6 minutes but feels like 12.

I miss Sweet scar though. It felt like a throwback to Secret era and I liked how it was just a simple track, a la JEWEL or curtain call, but it had more life than songs like Don't look back.

I listen to A ONE almost daily. I like Anything for You and Walk, but strangely I have actually listened to Story twice as many times as any other track on that album. I think the intro gets stuck in my head from time to time. It is very similar to meaning of Love, just not absolute shit.

I also hope Ayu gets a little more creative with PVs. Its been years since she released a PV that was more than glamour shots and lipwork. I'd love to see PVs with environments, stories, like No way to say, forgiveness, BALLAD... There's also this part of me yearning for Ayu to do another anime PV. I'd like to see her do a song like t.A.T.u. Gomenasai and have a cool anime PV to accompany it... It would give me something to lean on. I loved the Gomenasai PV because it reminds me of curling up with my ex, in his comforter, in the back seat of his Corolla at 3 a.m. in a park's parking lot, and watching GITS before we squeezed ourselves into the most comfortable positions possible then went to sleep. It was the only way we could spend the night together because we both lived with family and didn't want them to know about our relationship until we felt like it wasn't just some glorified dating thing. He used to tell me an episode of GITS to watch when we couldn't see each other and I was sad and lonely, and he would sometimes ask me to send him a picture so he knew I was feeling better. I miss that guy so much, but I hope he is happier in New York. We had a good two years. As selfish as this sounds, I really want Ayu to release something that gives me a sense of closure... One song and PV that I know I can go back to and remember things and feel okay that its all just memories now. July will be two years since we separated, and I still haven't found that feeling that its okay he left and I can move on. Ayu helped a lot in my other relationships. I hope she does something that helps again.

Anyway... Dark turn there. Sorry. Just Ayu-related and personal thoughts. Haven't talked to any acquaintances or friends in almost three weeks, don't keep many these days anyway. So, it just comes out wherever it comes out.

So, anyone else hoping Ayu gets a little more Ayu on this new mini album?

Also, looking back at these last several years, especially at Colours, I just feel this weird sense that it all fits Ayu a little bit more than I initially thought. And I wonder if Ayu may have bounced back like Namie if she stuck to one of the new sounds she's tried over the last 6 years... I guess we may never know. But remember how Namie did QoHP then kept the same sound for PLAY and just kept going, and this massive leap in sales followed? I wonder if that could have been Ayu if she just stuck with one of the new sounds.

-> <-
Old 1st June 2015, 09:05 AM
Love song H-Initiate

TeamAyu members started to recieve new magazine

Last edited by Aderianu; 1st June 2015 at 10:56 AM.
Old 1st June 2015, 10:58 AM
forgiveness Initiate

@orbitalaspect
That's so bittersweet I also happened to have a personal love life experience with Ayu song 'playing in the background', her songs really helped through that life time.

And I agree, it's been awhile since she released a PV like what you mentioned, a PV with story *cough*notcountingLOVEagaintrilogy*cough*, and I missed those kind of PVs so much.

Story seems to match your story, if she made a good PV for it, maybe it would've been your closure.
Old 1st June 2015, 01:41 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Where dat picture from

Old 1st June 2015, 02:09 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Old 1st June 2015, 02:09 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

It looks so familiar but I canīt remember ><

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 1st June 2015, 02:22 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Numero Tokyo!
Old 1st June 2015, 02:30 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Thx Aderianu!
I know it was some magazine shooting but couldnīt find it XD

Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
Old 1st June 2015, 02:40 PM
Far away Initiate

Hm why is it not digital? Dang it I don't want to use Tenso for just a magazine. XD
Old 1st June 2015, 03:11 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

I guess this is the last physical one.

Old 1st June 2015, 06:50 PM
Paper Doll Protector

I've been doing English lyric videos of some of Ayumi's songs (I've done ever free, Voyage, and more than half of No More Words which I haven't gotten around to finishing). I want to do a lyric video of a Song for XX from A Ballads but I can't decide on an image to use as the background. ever free was easy since I just used a photo of a hill to go with the song.

I can't decide if I should use an image of Ayu or something else. XD
Old 1st June 2015, 08:05 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Melody is one of Ayu's best ballads in recent years IMO. It's so sweet and simple.
Closed Thread

Tags
anything goes