[Koda Kumi] The 207th Thread - Take a Walk in the Summer of '21 - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15th September 2021, 07:09 PM
SEASONS Initiate

^ I don’t picture it selling a lot. Times have changed since the 10s.
I also think that excluding the newer songs means an original album might be coming sometime next year.
Old 15th September 2021, 07:13 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by _XXKK_ View Post
a monday? its gonna bomb the charts (as if it werent already)
That's exactly why shippments will start earlier. Basically it says December 6th just to celebrate her anniversary but in pratice it'll be on the previous Wednesday.

Well, if it's all music videos and single tracks without new stuff, why not releasing the tracklist already? idk I'm expecting maybe new/re-recorded videos and songs at least. I was gonna say videos for songs without them but then almost all her singles have videos, except for flower lol It was so cool when Namie shot videos for old songs in Ballada but if Kuu is picking only singles this wouldnt make sense.

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Last edited by Gustavopc; 15th September 2021 at 07:16 PM.
Old 15th September 2021, 07:18 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Not having very high hopes for the new best album & 3 CDs is definitely not enough to summarise Kuu's long music career :@

Also doesn't mean the best album is released on a Mon means it will do poorly but you never know

V6's final studio album STEP was released 2 Sat's ago but the album was made available as per norm on a Tue ie. on normal Flying Get day at CD stores and it still got #1 on Oricon overall

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 15th September 2021, 07:28 PM
poker face Initiate

Oh, this is so exciting! It would be lovely if this BEST was her own version of "Finally", getting some re-records and enough new tracks to work as a new full album, but how possible is that?

I'm very curious about the tracklists, especially the 8CD one, she released so many singles and multiple a-sides, it shall be a feast! ahahaha And I wonder how they are going to handle her digital singles? If they pick them all, we'll basically get the re(CORD) album again! My singles playlist on iTunes including all the a-sides (even the ones that didn't make the album like Boys♡Girls and Futari de...) and the digital singles we got for W FACE, re(CORD) and angeL/monsteR up to XXKK (XXKK being the 95th song on it) has 6½ hours, enough to fit them all in 6 discs:

Disc 1: affection to secret
Disc 2: BEST ~first things~ and BEST ~second session~
Disc 3: Black Cherry to TRICK
Disc 4: UNIVERSE to JAPONESQUE
Disc 5: Bon Voyage to DNA
Disc 6: (re)CORD and angeL/monsteR

So there's still a lot of space left for other songs! We might get some b-sides too?
Old 15th September 2021, 07:30 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

If I counted correctly it's 90 PVs for singles/a-sides.
So around 1,5 hours for 3 Blu-Rays or about 2,15 hours if they put all of them on 2 Blu-Rays.
Enough room left to put something different on there (similar with the CDs, with 8 there would be enough space).
With her history of FC releases, it will be something valuable, at least for most fans.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 15th September 2021, 07:34 PM
poker face Initiate

Oh, I do hope we get something special on the blu-rays too even though I have no idea what it could be ahahah Does she still have any unreleased concert? I only hope we won't get another "live selection" again
Old 15th September 2021, 07:37 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Her live tours have all been released so far, and in part we have the second session release party and 2013 Taiwan live, some random a-nation performances. Unreleased lives there were a few, like some release events she did, universal japan lives and such. There is some stuff but nothing too much gasp-worthy imo lol Nice surprised could actually be some festivals she took part overseas but I'm not expecting that at this point.

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Last edited by Gustavopc; 15th September 2021 at 07:39 PM.
Old 15th September 2021, 07:42 PM
poker face Initiate

Oh noes! So we'll end up with some "live selection" of sorts if they have enough space left ahahahah It would be nice to have so unreleased or rare lives, like ayu did with the extra content on A BALLADS 2, or PVs that were never released (looking at you, Heat )
Old 15th September 2021, 07:58 PM
Initiate

If she really wants to bring something special it could be her first concert, the one that was briefly shown in the interlude of MNI Tour. From that interlude alone we see that she has the backlog for her club performances as well, so there's a lot of content that could be included, but might not be because of the quality or whatever reason. I wouldn't even care if it was all recorded with one angle, that content is gold.

Or the a-nation performances, but that's one of the cases that I hardly imagine it happening. Not even Beach Mix got new footage, the ones that were unreleased were shown on TV but not released on the DVD officially.

There are also the two Exceptional Hawaii Trip concerts.

Last edited by kaled kalil; 15th September 2021 at 08:01 PM.
Old 15th September 2021, 08:09 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Please, Kuu! Include some old content like Heat PV!!!
Old 15th September 2021, 08:17 PM
appears Initiate

kinda funny how i literally have a "Kuu - ALL TIME BEST" playlist on apple music since last december and now we got this… ��
Also i wonder if the new songs and the new video will be on it with more songs, cause she was in the studio A LOT. except she did some re-recordings.
Old 15th September 2021, 08:42 PM
Because of You Initiate

3 Cds seems so smalll compared to the 8! what they packing? could be her whole discography? + collabs? not including remixes unless... I mean I dunno. But the 3 cds? it's just going to be sinlges.

I'm happy for this release hopefully they'll promote it good! I don't expect anything outstanding to happen I just wish they really don't mess up the covers as they did for the latest release.

hopefully it¡s going to be remastereds new vocals or something, cause they could just do a spotify playlist and neither they or us would waste or time or money!
"Being part of a group like this, with you guys! is awesome! so I salute you all." (1st July 2010, 11:17 PM)
"Adiós." (8th May 2011, 02:13 PM)
Old 15th September 2021, 10:13 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I think we getting 12 songs per CD and not 21
Old 15th September 2021, 10:15 PM
poker face Initiate

I'm listening to the singles playlist now and, wow, how lucky we were to witness the 12 single project coming to life. Sometimes I forget how good those songs/PVs are and how nicely the whole project was handled, and it was a very bold project! It's still a highlight in her almost 21-year career, she really did that!
Old 15th September 2021, 10:25 PM
SEASONS Initiate

What if this is the album in which she includes So fever and it’s PV? It would be the first time and it deserves more attention
Old 16th September 2021, 12:49 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavismo View Post
I'm listening to the singles playlist now and, wow, how lucky we were to witness the 12 single project coming to life. Sometimes I forget how good those songs/PVs are and how nicely the whole project was handled, and it was a very bold project! It's still a highlight in her almost 21-year career, she really did that!
I still think ss is her best album
but those covers, as much as I love them, aged kinda bad. She is sort-of black-facing on one of them and all in all they are rather on a more controversial side from todays point of view.
Old 16th September 2021, 01:45 AM
Initiate

They were a product of a time where it wasn't seen as a problem, but the overall project was done with good taste so I don't see much of a problem with it. Would a concept like this fly nowadays? Hell no, but looking back I don't think any of the portraits were bringing a bad light to any culture or trying to be one dimensional, I don't personally see as a mockery or stereotype of different cultures, but obviously I can't speak for everyone. We also have to remember that it was pretty much a cultural exchange world, with the beginning of the internet and all, so getting to know other cultures by things like that was very common. To be honest the Shake It Up cover was one of the first pictures that I saw of her and it made me interested in getting to know her, it was a good representation of one of the sides of brazilian culture.

It's weird that this feels like such an american concept, being offended by someone being interested in your culture. I can understand when it deals with religion and ancestry imagery, but when it's a general concept I just can't see as a problem at all. But anyway.

Back do the ALL TIME BEST, if we compare the number of BD discs with Ayumi's A CLIP BOX BD, she had 100 tracks (from all different sizes since she has promotional clip instead of PVs for some songs) in 4 discs. So having 90+ PVs filling 3 discs is to be expected, and besides of some surprises I wouldn't expect something more than PVs, but who knows. Maybe TV CMs from the albums.
Old 16th September 2021, 07:58 AM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkAYuko View Post
3 Cds seems so smalll compared to the 8! what they packing? could be her whole discography? + collabs? not including remixes unless... I mean I dunno. But the 3 cds? it's just going to be sinlges.
3CD version will be selected singles while 8CD will have every single
Old 16th September 2021, 07:43 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

I guess I'd be more excited about that best if it would actually compile all of her PVs of the 20 years in good quality, not only her singles.
Right now I expect her single PVs and maybe 1-2 new/old unreleased videos or makings or something.
The CDs will probably have more surprises.

And now with this announcement I suspect the day long shooting with the long straight hair first and then the pale pink dress to be the best album shooting, cover and booklet!

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 16th September 2021, 07:49 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
I guess I'd be more excited about that best if it would actually compile all of her PVs of the 20 years in good quality, not only her singles.
Right now I expect her single PVs and maybe 1-2 new/old unreleased videos or makings or something.
The CDs will probably have more surprises.

And now with this announcement I suspect the day long shooting with the long straight hair first and then the pale pink dress to be the best album shooting, cover and booklet!

Thought the same (To me, promotional songs from albums are kind-of singles too).

I just noticed my FC membership expired. Thinking of renewing it just for this. Until when do i need to order?
Closed Thread

Tags
koda kumi; queen of live