『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.03.12 - Page 19 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15th February 2021, 05:28 PM
ayu trance Initiate

^That's what I'm hoping!

I see, it could really be anything then... I'm a bit disappointed by this setback but like everyone, I'm hoping it means good things are coming!
Old 15th February 2021, 06:53 PM
Initiate

I wonder why they’re only releasing a partial track list... it’s true that production delays could mean anything, but I’m intrigued by the partial track list. I wonder if it’s new songs/vocals/mixes that they want to keep a surprise or it’s just another hype tactic to get everyone speculating about why they’re only releasing partial track list.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 15th February 2021 at 07:21 PM.
Old 15th February 2021, 08:22 PM
As if.. Initiate

I also find it odd they're only releasing part of the track list? Like... what's with the secrecy lol
Old 15th February 2021, 10:26 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigochild View Post
I also find it odd they're only releasing part of the track list? Like... what's with the secrecy lol
I guess promoting an artist who released almost nothing in the past 5 years, you try to make every small thing seems like an event (Like calling Trouble an album)

I am still excited for it though, my favorite release of her for the past years is the loveppears remaster.
Old 15th February 2021, 11:20 PM
Voyage Initiate

Yay, excited that we have a day/time for the partial track list! Something to look forward to! I think they're just trying to create hype by only releasing part of the track list.

I was thinking the other day, what song would I be really disappointed to see not on there? I'd be gutted if Will doesn't make an appearance!
Old 15th February 2021, 11:55 PM
Initiate

Remember A BALLADS used to have a series of TV spots where the songs/lyrics got montaged? I hope/guess they are redoing that concept for this one as well - hence the video announcement.
Old 16th February 2021, 12:15 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I'm still thinking about the covers. What would it look like? She wearing a night count with some drag queen make-up on with her hand in the belly and the other one on Lee's back neck since we won't see his face. That's horrible...

Last edited by j.graziano; 16th February 2021 at 12:16 AM. Reason: emoji didn't work
Old 16th February 2021, 04:28 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

I know it could be anything delaying it, but I do like to imagine it's because maybe ayu decided she wanted to re-record or seek new arrangements for a few more tracks.

I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment but oh well lol.
I just hope we're getting at least a few new re-recordings. The partial tracklist preview is interesting. It would be disappointing and odd to me if it was just the same old ballads, with no new arrangements or vocals. Surely there has to be some brand new stuff they're hyping up?
Old 16th February 2021, 06:23 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I'm putting my money on Ayu's pregnancy, and/or covid-19 as impacting production-related tasks here. It sounds like Ayu's team expected to be more far along with this release than what they currently are, that makes me think production tasks have had to be re-scheduled either significantly or consistently.

Also, I have found it odd that there hasn't been promo for this album - it might not be a regular BEST, but it's still a two-disc album. Even Ayu's instagram has been more quiet than usual.

I do think that's it's interesting that we're receiving a partial tracklist though...it sounds to me like there are some surprises in store.
Old 16th February 2021, 09:30 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280301 View Post
I'm putting my money on Ayu's pregnancy, and/or covid-19 as impacting production-related tasks here. It sounds like Ayu's team expected to be more far along with this release than what they currently are, that makes me think production tasks have had to be re-scheduled either significantly or consistently.

Also, I have found it odd that there hasn't been promo for this album - it might not be a regular BEST, but it's still a two-disc album. Even Ayu's instagram has been more quiet than usual.

I do think that's it's interesting that we're receiving a partial tracklist though...it sounds to me like there are some surprises in store.
In case they were just gonna remaster the tracks ayu probably wouldn’t be needed that much though as Pray for you has been recorded. I’d really like to believe they decided to take the release to the next level and not just have a plain compilation.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 16th February 2021, 02:35 PM
YOU Initiate

I'm still convinced the album will contain new vocals/new mixes. Otherwise they probably would've released another digital only Selection album which costs Avex very little to produce (although I love the cover artwork for the Selection compilations and prefer them over beauty shots of Ayu).

Since the Winter Ballad Selection album is already seven years old they could've released a Summer Ballad Selection if they just wanted easy money with little to no additional production costs.
Old 16th February 2021, 04:13 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ pretty sure physical albums bring more revenue than digital streams, which pay very little afaik.. A Summer Best is a compilation without any new mixes, re-releases of A BEST and Loveppears only had remastered and no new content, so it's not impossible that A BALLADS 2 won't have any new vocals/mixes
Old 16th February 2021, 07:08 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_smile View Post
^ pretty sure physical albums bring more revenue than digital streams, which pay very little afaik.. A Summer Best is a compilation without any new mixes, re-releases of A BEST and Loveppears only had remastered and no new content, so it's not impossible that A BALLADS 2 won't have any new vocals/mixes
Not if they sell 5-10k though and without actual content not many would have bought this. The sales of those 2 releases show that as well.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 16th February 2021, 07:30 PM
SEASONS Initiate

I think 5-10k is still profitable. Otherwise they wouldn’t be releasing many of the stuf they’re, ayu’s and other artists. But yeah, A Summer Best was released almost 10 year ago (am I that old? Omg) so things have changed quite a lot. I don’t think it is smart to release this album without offering any new content, it would show how much of an old company Avex is. The point of @Thomas makes so much sense to me honestly, that I kinda got my hopes up lol though with avex anything is possible. There are two option for me here, either they are releasing this as a playlist on CD for collectors and die hard fans (looking at us) knowing they’ll sell 5-10k AT MUCH, or they are trying to spike interest in Ayu again and will make an effort to offer something valuable, which might increase Ayu’s popularity and sales. I’m more keen to the second, time will tell.
Old 17th February 2021, 11:29 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

I will only buy this if they release it on vinyl.
Old 18th February 2021, 03:50 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-TeensFan View Post
It isn't
Old 18th February 2021, 05:09 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-TeensFan View Post
The way Avex could do a vinyl re-release campaign on all her past albums and compilations, charging a premium, and they'd probably sell like hot cakes.
Old 18th February 2021, 10:52 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrel View Post
The way Avex could do a vinyl re-release campaign on all her past albums and compilations, charging a premium, and they'd probably sell like hot cakes.
I believe they might, I had a really hard time getting my hand on Akina Nakamori's second-best of remastered on 45 RPM Vinyl, it was sold out everywhere a month or 2 after the release. the 2018 180g of the same release is also almost impossible to find.

Although, Ayu is from the CD era and the Japanese seem to still prefer CDs and DVDs... They did release sixxxxxx on vinyl and it didn't move many fans. (Although, if they released her entire catalog on Vinyl, sixxxxxx wouldn't have been the first I would have bought for sure).

There is also a weird series of remix singles on Picture discs... They look pretty, but I would never spend 50$ for 2 remixes of starting and grateful days...

Last edited by AyuCanada; 18th February 2021 at 10:58 AM.
Old 18th February 2021, 12:05 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrel View Post
My money is literally waiting for Avex to take.
Old 18th February 2021, 11:04 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Another reason why they don't release her album on vinyl could also be, the length of her albums don't fit on a single disc, they would need to be double discs, which means higher production cost and maybe not enough sales to make it profitable.
Closed Thread

Tags
a ballads 2