[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~Colours~ - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 4th July 2014, 06:37 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^The only times she massively sang older songs was when she was promoting best ofs and the annis, wasn't it? Other than that it's either a new song or a new song + classic, what seens pretty fair to me.

I will get annoyed once she goes Ayaka Hirahara (who I love) all the way and starts singing the same song everytime she shows up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikaru View Post
I dunno if some of these comments are directed to me, but I'm going to state once again that I am in no way hating on Ayu. It is a very different experience when I was a child and Ayu had released an album to now, and I can't adjust. I can remember now, Oh shoot! Ayu is going to have a talk show! Ayu is going to be on Music Fair! Ayu is going to be on SmaSma! She has a comment on CDTV! OMG there's going to be an event in Tower Records! We have to go to the concert! She's releasing a new best album?! GREAT!!

Now there is absolutely nothing, and I just feel like what the actual eff? Did she release an album or did I just dream it? And everything she did before used to look so professional, so flawless, and sound great (Besides ASFXX, but I still listen to this album) that everything she's been doing recently just looks like she didn't have time to perfect it. Even the TV lives, Kohaku, everything - everything feels so unprepared and she just was like "Okay well I'm just gonna do it, see what happens!" and it looks like the music and everything is controlling her, and not the other way around. She used to be the center of everything and that she was above and knew exactly what to do, but now, I don't get that feeling. But I don't know how to shake this feeling.

I guess I'm just overreacting because it's not what I'm used to, and I want to feel the same way about her and her releases as I did when I was younger. I remember when I couldn't wait to buy her single or album, and now I just don't even care... it sucks. You guys, please help. Ahaha.

I feel like I should send her a msg on Twitter.
I don't think anyone has any problem with you stating your dislike for the album (I know I don't ). I think it's just natural your relationship with your idol changes over time... She also had a huge image change after her 10th anni and I feel like she's going through another one now... Even if I'm a fan since 2005 or so, I never related as hard to her as I did from AT10 to AT12, and even if I'm a fan, and if I liked Colours, I feel she may be going on a direction I won't relate as much as I did at that time. I mean, I think it's natural for you that was so used with what she did once to feel like that once she changed directions, even more if you can't really relate with the direction she picked.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 4th July 2014 at 06:39 AM.
Old 4th July 2014, 07:03 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

It's not even just her though for me. It's also like, the times.

Some of the other artists I listen to aren't even bothering with physical releases anymore

And what ratings are they going to pull being on tv shows, versus any of the big name acts, or even versus other things being broadcasted. What sales are they going to ever have.

I'm happy that now in the world, there seems to be these communities popping up that are dedicated to spreading music in new ways and making things accessible.

But I'll always love the fanfare and the pageantry of entertainment, and Ayu at her peak is such a wonderful example of it. Thousands of people united together in their love of music is very precious, even if it was only always about the money for some of them.

I think that's also what makes tours so wonderful. As long as in the end there are public performances....I think it'll all be ok~

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Last edited by emi♡; 4th July 2014 at 07:09 AM.
Old 4th July 2014, 07:48 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikaru View Post
I dunno if some of these comments are directed to me, but I'm going to state once again that I am in no way hating on Ayu. It is a very different experience when I was a child and Ayu had released an album to now, and I can't adjust. I can remember now, Oh shoot! Ayu is going to have a talk show! Ayu is going to be on Music Fair! Ayu is going to be on SmaSma! She has a comment on CDTV! OMG there's going to be an event in Tower Records! We have to go to the concert! She's releasing a new best album?! GREAT!!

Now there is absolutely nothing, and I just feel like what the actual eff? Did she release an album or did I just dream it? And everything she did before used to look so professional, so flawless, and sound great (Besides ASFXX, but I still listen to this album) that everything she's been doing recently just looks like she didn't have time to perfect it. Even the TV lives, Kohaku, everything - everything feels so unprepared and she just was like "Okay well I'm just gonna do it, see what happens!" and it looks like the music and everything is controlling her, and not the other way around. She used to be the center of everything and that she was above and knew exactly what to do, but now, I don't get that feeling. But I don't know how to shake this feeling.

I guess I'm just overreacting because it's not what I'm used to, and I want to feel the same way about her and her releases as I did when I was younger. I remember when I couldn't wait to buy her single or album, and now I just don't even care... it sucks. You guys, please help. Ahaha.

I feel like I should send her a msg on Twitter.
Totally understand. When I discovered ayu it was through Depend On You but at the present time she had just released Memorial Address / Moments was anticipated. But, I get everything you're saying.

As I've said before, its moronic for members to bitch that the "naysayers" should just give up. It's not so simple. For me, ayu is home. Music is such a HUGE part of my life and shaped who I am and still does to this day, and Ayu is a huge part of that. To discover this foreign artist who truly captivates you and brings so much pleasure and joy to your life in every way - and then to feel that slip away more and more with each year that passes and each release that goes by. It's very sad. Ayu is a part of all of us and to lose that love is to lose a portion of ourselves. It was a very unique experience to discover and follow her with such passion, that it helped me identify as an individual with my own tastes and not be influenced as heavily by the music that was just there. I had to seek her out - most all of us did. We invested time and energy within her and her community because of the passion we all felt / feel.

There are also those who are content with ayu and those who always crave new direction / styles. I've always been content because why change something that was so good to begin with? It's like you have a favorite food. You love that food more than any other food. When you go to consume that food, you expect it to taste exactly as you remembered - because that's what you crave. Suddenly, the ingredients where changed - the flavor isn't as outstanding, and you long for the days of the old flavor which gave you so much joy.

You just never know what you're gonna get with her music now.

Then sometimes she releases something with promise. Something that shows she's still capable of stirring magic within us. And you have hope. For me it was Days, Sparkle, Wake me up, reminds me, BRILLANTE, etc.

Last edited by Zeke.; 4th July 2014 at 07:51 AM.
Old 4th July 2014, 08:44 AM
I am... Initiate

So how are the individual tracks doing on the digital chart?
Old 4th July 2014, 09:02 AM
from your letter Initiate

Hello new me is currently charting at #43 on the RecoChoku singles chart. None of the other songs are in the top 200.

Hello new me is #21 for the Uta Ranking. XOXO is #49. Lelio is #75. NOW & 4EVA is #85. What is forever love is #88. Terminal is #171 and Angel is #200.

The album is number 5 today too.

Old 4th July 2014, 09:02 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionfactory View Post
So what? she's an AKB soloist after all and she was a front line member!
No, she wasn't.

Quote:
And Tomomi's and Acchan's last singles sold like 45k each, ayu's "Angel / Lelio" sold over 60k check your facts
Where does that data come from? From the Ayu-workers that sold the single in the arenas? From your dreams of Ayu still #1? Cause it didn't hit the shops.
If Feel the Love barely hit 40k with "more promotion", I doubt that one did. Don't get facts out of your pants just because you can't admit she's doing worse than other people.

Quote:
Because for example Itano's sales drop rate is -33% per single
On the other hand Ayu's sales drop rate is only -16% per single (Since BLUE BIRD)
REEEEEEEALLY???

L: 94,573
FTL: 37,366

Wow, I must be very bad at math cause I don't see a -16% there...

If Miwa, Nishino and Ayaka can continue their careers with that kind of sales, why can't others?

This discussion is getting tiresome. And again, your signature speaks volumes about your attitude towards anything AKB-related. So I'm not going to bother.
Old 4th July 2014, 09:15 AM
Far away Initiate

I bet Ayu has the most amazing fanbase ever
Old 4th July 2014, 09:29 AM

Actually I already wanted to say yesterday that this discussion restored my hopes in ahs and that I really liked to see so many comments that though criticising weren't bashing in anyway. Ok, there were one or two people, but I just ignore them. So I don't get why some people already start again a war between "stans" and "haters". This time those terms definitely don't fit.

I myself have my problems with Ayu these days. Not with her music or lyrics, personally I never felt any disconnection with those. Her shows and concerts are perfect and Rock'n'Roll Circus and Hotel Love Songs are two od my favourite Arena Tours.
But despite FIVE and Party Queen I wasn't impressed with any album cover after (miss)understood. I loved her covers back then, but beginning with Secret they do nothing for me and show zero creativity.
After Rock'n'Roll circus there were just a few PVs I liked and even if the idea was great, it was poorly executed imo.
I don't care who the fuck she is marrying or dating, but the way she was handling her private situation in the public and was pittying herself on twitter was too much for me. If people state things the way Ayu did about how they feel on facebook, I block them 'cos it's just plain annoying.
When I got into Ayu over ten years ago, I wasn't only in love with her music but also with her visuals and the "mysteria" behind her. That got lost for me and because I still love her so damn fucking much it hurts that she doesn't deliver the whole package as perfect as it used to be for me.
Old 4th July 2014, 10:09 AM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinu View Post
REEEEEEEALLY???

L: 94,573
FTL: 37,366
You (and anyone) can't really compare a single from Dec 13 to a single from 2010 lol... Besides that ayu was slightly more popular, sales were also better in general. It's 3 years difference! Even with no single between them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
I don't care who the fuck she is marrying or dating, but the way she was handling her private situation in the public and was pittying herself on twitter was too much for me. If people state things the way Ayu did about how they feel on facebook, I block them 'cos it's just plain annoying.
When I got into Ayu over ten years ago, I wasn't only in love with her music but also with her visuals and the "mysteria" behind her. That got lost for me and because I still love her so damn fucking much it hurts that she doesn't deliver the whole package as perfect as it used to be for me.
I completely understand that part and I'm glad that since her marriage to Tyson she became more cautious and she is not shoving her personal life to the public or in her work.
Even when she posts pics nowadays it's mainly of her alone/with friends. Barely saying anything about her relationship/husband.
Old 4th July 2014, 11:32 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Colours is at #5 again for the 3rd straight day

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2014-07-03/

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 4th July 2014, 11:49 AM
Lelio Protector

And tomomi itano fell to #8... so she wasn't a competition for ayu after all

#3 sold around 7,800 so if ayu it around the 6,800 it's as good as LOVE again's 3rd day of 6,070. That's assuming again that it's these numbers and not way less.

Btw the NINKI for Colours is #4 67.20.
Old 4th July 2014, 12:11 PM
ayu trance Initiate

When do we get more definitive sales numbers? Keep going with top 5, Ayu!

Book collector, avid reader, writer, cat owner, part time owl who listens to JPOP, KPOP, metal, soundtracks, and instrumental music.

Old 4th July 2014, 12:29 PM
Lelio Protector

Only when we will know the weekly sales on Tuesday.
Old 4th July 2014, 12:32 PM
until that Day… Initiate

wow yay ayu is still no.5! glad to know that!
go go ayu!
Old 4th July 2014, 12:41 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
And tomomi itano fell to #8... so she wasn't a competition for ayu after all

#3 sold around 7,800 so if ayu it around the 6,800 it's as good as LOVE again's 3rd day of 6,070. That's assuming again that it's these numbers and not way less.

Btw the NINKI for Colours is #4 67.20.
yeah, poor tomomi, I wish she had better sales for a debut album =(

By the way I'm pretty happy about Colours positions, so steady, it could have fallen a lot, but it didn't.

1st Week

3rd Day

Position: #5
Old 4th July 2014, 02:41 PM
winding road H-Initiate

It's strong at #5! I was afraid it would drop, but it's doing fine
I hope it gets to 50k... not sure if it's possible

Old 4th July 2014, 03:01 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I think it's really possible for Colours to reach 50k on its debut week, it just needs a little rise during the weekend (at least 5k per day I must say) =)
Old 4th July 2014, 03:19 PM
until that Day… Initiate

i actually hope that it'd rise a bit to ranking no. 4.. is it possible? haha
Old 4th July 2014, 03:51 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

^
Let's not lose hope because the last three dates of the tour could rise sales =) A top 3 would be awesome, even for 1 day.
Old 4th July 2014, 03:54 PM
As if.. Initiate

I'm really happy with this album and thank God I don't care about charts at all, but for me she's doing fine so far.
Closed Thread