[News] TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood- - Page 12 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 29th March 2019, 04:43 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^Her hall tours tend to have several dates... I believe they don't have much less attendance than her usual Arena Tours.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 29th March 2019, 06:13 PM
I am... Initiate

Singers also like to do hall tours as a way to be closer to their audiences in the more rural areas. Prefectures like Tottori/Shimane/Akita ect where casual fans don't have many opportunities to travel to the big cities.
Old 29th March 2019, 09:53 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedronekoi View Post
Some people here thinks that we're in 2001 and Ayu is still the most relevant person in Japan and that she will do a 3day concert in Tokyo Dome and release a 3Disc DVD after that.
Lol, good one!

The necklace is really pretty!
Old 30th March 2019, 05:02 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianghua View Post
Singers also like to do hall tours as a way to be closer to their audiences in the more rural areas. Prefectures like Tottori/Shimane/Akita ect where casual fans don't have many opportunities to travel to the big cities.
I literally don't see the problem with Halls vs. Arenas. My favorite Koda tours have been her WOML and her Bon Voyage tours, and I think those are both Hall tours. I love Ayu's 2012-2013 CDL ~WAKE UP~ and Cirque de Minuet was OK apart from being almost indistinguishable from the arena tour she did right after. I don't really care what venue she performs in as long as the show is interesting.

-> <-
Old 30th March 2019, 09:59 AM

I personally also don't care about arena or hall, actually I would love to also see her at a hall tour once. But from what I was told, her Japanese fans aren't too fond of another hall tour. The reason for that is that at first this was a TA thing, which they loved and were super excited to be a part of. Ayu touring halls again and again lately kinda destroyed this special memory for them. Seeing Ayu, the one with the grand arena tours, in a more intimate setting, was special to them because it was a once in a life time chance and something they thought would be a TA only thing, like the very first one. To be fair, this was how Ayu promoted it back then and now they feel a little "cheated" (for the lack of a better word).
What is even worse is that they don't find her tours interesting anymore and feel as if everything is more or less recycled. Personally I can't comment on this since I didn't watch any of the hall tours yet. But they told me they felt she's running out of ideas for music, which is why she didn't release much and that she only keeps touring for the money, even though she's also running out of ideas for a live.
I don't know if this is true or not, but I fear, if Ayu doesn't address the confusion about yet another hall tour without any new material, she will lose another significant amount of her fan base.
Old 30th March 2019, 10:59 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
I personally also don't care about arena or hall, actually I would love to also see her at a hall tour once. But from what I was told, her Japanese fans aren't too fond of another hall tour. The reason for that is that at first this was a TA thing, which they loved and were super excited to be a part of. Ayu touring halls again and again lately kinda destroyed this special memory for them. Seeing Ayu, the one with the grand arena tours, in a more intimate setting, was special to them because it was a once in a life time chance and something they thought would be a TA only thing, like the very first one. To be fair, this was how Ayu promoted it back then and now they feel a little "cheated" (for the lack of a better word).
What is even worse is that they don't find her tours interesting anymore and feel as if everything is more or less recycled. Personally I can't comment on this since I didn't watch any of the hall tours yet. But they told me they felt she's running out of ideas for music, which is why she didn't release much and that she only keeps touring for the money, even though she's also running out of ideas for a live.
I don't know if this is true or not, but I fear, if Ayu doesn't address the confusion about yet another hall tour without any new material, she will lose another significant amount of her fan base.
Will these fans still attend the tour?
Old 30th March 2019, 12:20 PM

^no, they won't. It's actually the first time they won't and all of them are fans for 12 to 15 years. 3 of them definitely won't go and said they won't bother renewing their TA membership and asked me to let them know in case there will be new music released. They don't have any hard feelings, even though they are a little disappointed, I think the main problem is they are utterly bored with what is, or is not, going on with Ayu's career.
Another one is still struggling if she should go or not, my guess is she will go, at leasr this time.
Old 30th March 2019, 12:38 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ Very interesting to know. It's not just AHS and the entitled foreign fans who are bored, even the japanese fans (well, your friends might not be a representative sample, we don't know) who are supposed to be happy because they are the people who get to attend all the tours are bored too. Maybe if more japanese fans stop going to her tours maybe she and her team will finally start questioning themselves.

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 30th March 2019, 02:14 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
^no, they won't. It's actually the first time they won't and all of them are fans for 12 to 15 years. 3 of them definitely won't go and said they won't bother renewing their TA membership and asked me to let them know in case there will be new music released. They don't have any hard feelings, even though they are a little disappointed, I think the main problem is they are utterly bored with what is, or is not, going on with Ayu's career.
Another one is still struggling if she should go or not, my guess is she will go, at leasr this time.
All the Japanese fans I know are super excited about both A^3 and the new hall tour. Hall tours allow the TA to see Ayu upclose as we have access to better seats!

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 30th March 2019, 02:18 PM
opening Run Initiate

Based on Mixi Japanese fans' reactions is mixed. Some will attend because they didn't have a chance last year, one person says "I want to see Ayu, but I'm fed up with Trouble tour".
Old 30th March 2019, 04:01 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I'm reading since 2013 how japanese fans are "bored" and "won't attend to this show" but has she ever really struggled to sell tickets? I know she doesn't sell out like before, and that halls are smaller venues but some people make it sound like she's performing in front of 20 people
Old 30th March 2019, 04:38 PM

^I don't think anyone here said Ayu would only perform in front of 20 people. It's obvious she's not. But like you said, she is not selling out anymore, also from what we can observe online her fan base's reaction is mixed and her fan base shrunk over the last years significantly.
She is boring a great amount of her fan base and loses it, which is simply not good if you want her to go on as Hamasaki Ayumi - or if she wants to go on like she does now. It won't take long and she won't be able to do however she pleases like she does now.
Old 30th March 2019, 06:28 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

If she is selling above 80% of her overall tickets, she is doing fine.

If she wasn't selling well enough, Avex wouldn't be schedulling new dates. This isn't a buch of idiots deciding their steps at random based on social media haters. This is a money hungry company that won't be expending tons of budget with no profit.

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 30th March 2019 at 07:12 PM.
Old 30th March 2019, 08:41 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
^I don't think anyone here said Ayu would only perform in front of 20 people. It's obvious she's not. But like you said, she is not selling out anymore, also from what we can observe online her fan base's reaction is mixed and her fan base shrunk over the last years significantly.
She is boring a great amount of her fan base and loses it, which is simply not good if you want her to go on as Hamasaki Ayumi - or if she wants to go on like she does now. It won't take long and she won't be able to do however she pleases like she does now.
Oh I know, people here are not that extreme but I remember many posts from some blogs and sites and how she perfoms in half-empty venues regulary, but has she ever really performed in a show with less than 50-70% tickets sold? and how often did that actually happened? if that was really the case, Avex wouldn't allow her to keep doing tour after tour and with so many dates, if she doesn't sell well is not profitable but they have been doing it since forever and non-stop since about two years in a row
Old 30th March 2019, 09:31 PM
still alone Initiate

The truth is mostly in the middle. There are still many people attending the shows. Her tours are still very successful. It's not like avex is about to drop Ayu from their company.
But it mostly likely is also true that some of the business decisions over the last few years have done some damage and have made fans unhappy. Fans that usually always attend are now not going or are questioning the decision to attend.
Old 30th March 2019, 11:34 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Odinson View Post
Oh I know, people here are not that extreme but I remember many posts from some blogs and sites and how she perfoms in half-empty venues regulary, but has she ever really performed in a show with less than 50-70% tickets sold?
That's not what sites are usually saying. They usually say that AVEX distributes free tickets when she's struggling to fill the venue or uses "sakura" - people who are hired for some amount of money to attend the show.
Old 31st March 2019, 12:42 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^That would make sense if there was a particuarly flopped tour going around and they wanted to keep face. But those rumours are around since AT13, that I do consider one of worst aswell :B. There's no way Avex would be paying people to cover for Ayu to tour around yearly since 2013.

Old 31st March 2019, 03:03 AM
opening Run Initiate

What is real is that the configurations of arenas for her tours became smaller over the years. Some sectors were covered in Fukuoka, higher levels in Saitama were not used, etc.
Old 31st March 2019, 03:25 AM

^yeah that definitely is true. I wonder how it will be this time in Saitama.
Old 31st March 2019, 04:41 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

I've only seen tickets for 1st and 2nd level on social media posts so far. So I suppose they're not using the 3rd and 4th levels again for Saitama.
But even so the revenue must be good enough or else they simply wouldn't do it. So she's fine.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Closed Thread

Tags
misunderstood, trouble, trouble tour 2019-2020