Bilibili Macro Link 2021 - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 13th July 2021, 09:44 PM
Because of You Initiate

Her voice is great.

But the MY ALL performance is a bit sad at the part that she stops singing and let the audience to sing.. but there is no audience at her side.. and you can only hear the background voice.... that part is so sad and shows how pandemic changes the world in every single level even in this small performance.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 13th July 2021, 09:48 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidekirby View Post
Yes!
Everything has been prerecorded and edited since the pandemic (minus the Christmas live... and it showed) to make her sound almost perfect as in most live releases.
She could be offkey all the way and we wouldn't know unfortunately.
Crossing fingers her voice is indeed not so far from the result.
The latest Life unedited vocals (from the Return concert) were ok with noticeable offkey parts.
I think that sometimes there is no salvaging stuff and no amount of post production can help. I can vouch that she’s sounded amazing in Saitama in Feb last year and its obvious she’s doing something about her voice.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 13th July 2021, 11:30 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
I think that sometimes there is no salvaging stuff and no amount of post production can help. I can vouch that she’s sounded amazing in Saitama in Feb last year and its obvious she’s doing something about her voice.
POWER of A^3 is a very good example of that. Editing made the concert better, but it's clear she's struggling a lot to sing during the whole show. That's not the case of these 2021 and 2021 concerts.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 14th July 2021, 12:48 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
POWER of A^3 is a very good example of that. Editing made the concert better, but it's clear she's struggling a lot to sing during the whole show. That's not the case of these 2021 and 2021 concerts.
Absolutely + the CDL 2007-2008 where she sounded horrible even on DVD.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 14th July 2021, 03:28 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
It's funny because she sounded bad most of the time, but I remember she sang Together When..., untitled and Sotsugyou Shashin greatly even during the original broadcast.

i'm just tryna find love

Old 14th July 2021, 03:48 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
I don't know... As regards being offkey, I believe editing can do wonders. I don't remember which live it was (but an old one) and I compared both versions (edited/unedited), it was just day and night. Without her sounding robotic or over edited (like some later shows).
If they could have such results 20-10 years ago I have no doubt they can correct everything they want by now.

As I said the live version of Life really stands out (not in a good way) among all the other edited renditions of the last concert.
Old 14th July 2021, 04:08 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Wat
Old 14th July 2021, 05:37 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
I don't know... As regards being offkey, I believe editing can do wonders. I don't remember which live it was (but an old one) and I compared both versions (edited/unedited), it was just day and night. Without her sounding robotic or over edited (like some later shows).
If they could have such results 20-10 years ago I have no doubt they can correct everything they want by now.

As I said the live version of Life really stands out (not in a good way) among all the other edited renditions of the last concert.
I really think she sound good in Life. She's off-key during some parts, but most of the time it sounds good and stable to me.

i'm just tryna find love

Old 14th July 2021, 06:20 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
I really think she sound good in Life. She's off-key during some parts, but most of the time it sounds good and stable to me.
I think it's obviously been far worse in the past but she's still quite far from sounding good to me (in that particular performance). Too many offkey parts throughout the whole song. In that regard it's really contrasting with the edited versions of the other songs where (almost?) everything is on key and where she seems to hit every single note effortlessly.

That's what I mean when I say you can't really judge from prerecorded live versions. With ayu the difference between edited and unedited has been pretty noticeable. Above all when the source material wasn't great to begin with.

I would say she's still trying not to scream and have more control which is definitely a good thing to carry on. And we all heard good improvements with the last non-edited Promised Land. Hope it's going on like that. At least it shows she is really focusing on vocals these days.
Old 14th July 2021, 06:30 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
I think it's obviously been far worse in the past but she's still quite far from sounding good to me (in that particular performance). Too many offkey parts throughout the whole song. In that regard it's really contrasting with the edited versions of the other songs where (almost?) everything is on key and where she seems to hit every single note effortlessly.

That's what I mean when I say you can't really judge from prerecorded live versions. With ayu the difference between edited and unedited has been pretty noticeable. Above all when the source material wasn't great to begin with.

I would say she's still trying not to scream and have more control which is definitely a good thing to carry on. And we all heard good improvements with the last non-edited Promised Land. Hope it's going on like that. At least it shows she is really focusing on vocals these days.
Well, we have cases like that since I remember being a fan of her, specially during Countdown Lives (as we usually didn't have access to unedited Arena Tour recordings). I remember how different she sounded during Endless sorrow @ CDL 05-06, with a lot of editing to make her sound on-key at the DVD version.

My point is, considering all the circumstances and given her actual condition, I think she sounds as good as she can and she's not struggling or shouting a lot. Also, her singing difficulties aren't on her way to convey emotions during the performance (different from POA^3, when she was too disturbed, probably because she couldn't her herself properly). I'm personally satisfied with that, but I know it's subjective.

i'm just tryna find love

Last edited by summerain; 14th July 2021 at 06:34 AM.
Old 14th July 2021, 06:54 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Well, we have cases like that since I remember being a fan of her, specially during Countdown Lives (as we usually didn't have access to unedited Arena Tour recordings). I remember how different she sounded during Endless sorrow @ CDL 05-06, with a lot of editing to make her sound on-key at the DVD version.
Yes I know what you mean. I used to listen to the non edited live, if you compare it with the dvd you can really hear the work being done. And to be honest the source material wasn’t sooo bad. She sounded quite strong that CDL.

Quote:
My point is, considering all the circumstances and given her actual condition, I think she sounds as good as she can and she's not struggling or shouting a lot. Also, her singing difficulties aren't on her way to convey emotions during the performance (different from POA^3, when she was too disturbed, probably because she couldn't her herself properly). I'm personally satisfied with that, but I know it's subjective.
Of course, I agree on that ; )
(I remember she sounded quite sick that night during POA^3 recording or like she damaged her voice previously).
Old 14th July 2021, 08:47 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Anna Tsuchiya made a long Instagram live in the dressing room before just coming up to the stage so I don't think it was pre-recorded

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 14th July 2021, 10:37 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionfactory View Post
Anna Tsuchiya made a long Instagram live in the dressing room before just coming up to the stage so I don't think it was pre-recorded
I think Ayu's part was 100% pre-recorded. They way she changed her outfit didn't seem it was live.

i'm just tryna find love

Old 14th July 2021, 11:18 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
They way she changed her outfit didn't seem it was live.
Absolutely right. Ayu change outfit in a second for something that can't be hide under the dress
Old 14th July 2021, 12:39 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Maybe Dearest was live and My All was pre-recorded

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 14th July 2021, 08:35 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

ok this is it for me. this vocal technique she's using is trash. sing with your normal voice, woman.
Old 14th July 2021, 10:10 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I was enchanted by this performance. Stunning and beautifully sang
Old 14th July 2021, 10:39 PM
from your letter Initiate

Late in the party but I'm in love with the arrangement of Dearest. Wish the Made in Japan Tour was something like that, with oriental arrangements for her older songs, but oh well, that's life

I'm having mixed feelings with her baby voice, I'm happy that she's not screaming but I like it more when she sings more naturally like in the MY ALL performance. Want to see how she's doing with the Music For Life
Old 15th July 2021, 06:30 AM
appears Initiate

I think the baby voice worked perfectly for Dearest.
Old 15th July 2021, 11:34 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
I thought she was going to sing chinese version of MY ALL
me2.... i was waitin for it. hahaha
but its ok. Was wonderful <3

Tags
blm2021