[Twitter] ayu's Twitter/Weibo Thread #29 - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 14th March 2013, 11:42 PM
glitter Initiate

The true is, Timmy typed that in for her
Old 14th March 2013, 11:51 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by saigodansu View Post
How come every time she types something new in english someone thinks she's been studying hard. Her english was excellent when many of us met her in 2010 & I'm sure even before that. Just cause things are mispronounced when she's singing, doesn't mean her english is terrible. You try singing a fast song in 2 languages and see if you notice the difference in pronunciation between your native language and the one you learned as an adult. JPOP in general needs to drop trying to act American and just sing in Japanese, it would sound much better.
Definitely

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 15th March 2013, 01:59 AM
No way to say Initiate

Namie's latest album is unlistenable for me because of her horrendous Engrish. Yeah that was Engrish before but it seems half of the lyrics on that album are English.
Old 15th March 2013, 03:41 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
JPOP in general needs to drop trying to act American and just sing in Japanese, it would sound much better.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
Namie's latest album is unlistenable for me because of her horrendous Engrish. Yeah that was Engrish before but it seems half of the lyrics on that album are English.
And this. The arrangements of the songs are amazing, but the English portion not so amazing. I was surprised she sang some of the songs in full English.

Same with Ayu, her voice is much more powerful for me without the English lyrics. It always feels as if the lyrics are forced in there for the heck of it.

♥♥
Underneath the blue sky&your dazzling smile
--
倖田來未
Old 15th March 2013, 05:14 AM
until that Day… Initiate

where is ayu now anyway?
is it still in Los Angeles?
Old 15th March 2013, 05:34 AM
Two of us Initiate

^ Ayu and namie are always being compared. people come on!! what does ayu tweeting in english have anything todo with namie and her music.
Old 15th March 2013, 05:46 AM
Far away Initiate

^We're not comparing the two artists, but more about the use of English in their songs in general I have no problem of them speaking it in a conversation or whatever, but in music, no.

Anyways, I'm wondering if she's in L.A too. Or maybe back in Japan? Her tour is coming up in a month or so, she could be preparing for that?

♥♥
--
倖田來未
Old 15th March 2013, 07:12 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
How come every time she types something new in english someone thinks she's been studying hard. Her english was excellent when many of us met her in 2010 & I'm sure even before that. Just cause things are mispronounced when she's singing, doesn't mean her english is terrible. You try singing a fast song in 2 languages and see if you notice the difference in pronunciation between your native language and the one you learned as an adult. JPOP in general needs to drop trying to act American and just sing in Japanese, it would sound much better.
rare ocasion - when i agree with ya. And this is one of them, tho i don't mind the english when there's not too much of it and it doesn't sound like someone is swiching buttons from Japanese to English and when the pronounciation at least on that part is ok.
Old 15th March 2013, 04:50 PM
fairyland Initiate

The only time I don't like English in lyrics is when it's completely off, grammatically. I mean, I make mistakes myself, but when it's totally obvious, to me of course, I find it annoying.

Old 15th March 2013, 05:03 PM
BLUE BIRD Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggn View Post
but the funny thing with facebook is, whatever you have uploaded / posted to even a year ago, facebook will always keep it. Nothing ever gets completely deleted from facebook
Yeah, I know. But at least I don't have to deal with it anymore.

did you imagine this kind of future?

@luckynekolady instagram

Old 15th March 2013, 07:54 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:

Ayu's english is good too before,right haha
Old 16th March 2013, 10:53 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

The English in Ayu's songs is rarely terrible. It was somewhat annoying in glitter and forgiveness had the "But I wanted only keep my love" part which annoyed me to death, but other than that I think she was alright most of the time. Unlike Koda and Namie she doesn't do Engrish that often.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 17th March 2013, 07:51 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
The English in Ayu's songs is rarely terrible. It was somewhat annoying in glitter and forgiveness had the "But I wanted only keep my love" part which annoyed me to death, but other than that I think she was alright most of the time. Unlike Koda and Namie she doesn't do Engrish that often.
I agree 100%. Compared to other JPOP singers, Ayu's English is nearly perfect and the English she used for her songs MAKE SENSE. Unlike the others who just want the words to SOUND GOOD. *Cough* Namie Amuro *Cough*. I bought her QUEEN OF HIP HOP album and even though some of the songs were good, I couldn't stand her ENGLISH throughout the whole album. She even recorded a whole song singing English with bad grammar. I don't mind if an artist has an accent but when there's so many bad grammars, I get irritated.

I think Utada Hikaru's English are good too. They fit with the song. (But then again, she was born in the US with fluent English)
Old 17th March 2013, 08:31 AM
TO BE Initiate

Two words - Real me.

That's the only Ayu attempt at English lyrics that truly annoys me. xD
Old 17th March 2013, 09:01 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by URANUS View Post
I agree 100%. Compared to other JPOP singers, Ayu's English is nearly perfect and the English she used for her songs MAKE SENSE. Unlike the others who just want the words to SOUND GOOD. *Cough* Namie Amuro *Cough*. I bought her QUEEN OF HIP HOP album and even though some of the songs were good, I couldn't stand her ENGLISH throughout the whole album. She even recorded a whole song singing English with bad grammar. I don't mind if an artist has an accent but when there's so many bad grammars, I get irritated.

I think Utada Hikaru's English are good too. They fit with the song. (But then again, she was born in the US with fluent English)
I think the problem doesn't lye within Namie herself, but the people writing her lyrics, cuz imo she has a nice accent and when the lyrics are written properly she sounds good most of the time. Now many of her writers seem to really love Engrish and she isn't bothered by that obviously.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 17th March 2013, 10:31 AM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
I think the problem doesn't lye within Namie herself, but the people writing her lyrics, cuz imo she has a nice accent and when the lyrics are written properly she sounds good most of the time. Now many of her writers seem to really love Engrish and she isn't bothered by that obviously.
It's rude to call Namie Sodium hydroxide.

*rim shot*

Half the time I can't make out what Namie says in her songs. Doesn't stop me from listening, but when I found out she curses in Rock U, I was like, "lol no she doesn't. *looks up lyrics* OH SHI-"
Old 17th March 2013, 07:59 PM
fairyland Initiate

I dunno, when I think off proper English in Japanese songs, I think singers like Jamosa. Ayu isn't as bad as some, but there are singers who are much better, too.

Old 17th March 2013, 08:07 PM
No way to say Initiate

I wonder if English was one of the two subjects at school Ayu said she did better than average at (for the time she was actually there).
Old 17th March 2013, 08:51 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahara View Post
It's rude to call Namie Sodium hydroxide.
omg

Quote:
I wonder if English was one of the two subjects at school Ayu said she did better than average at (for the time she was actually there).
She sure got lucky when she dropped out...now if I did that..

♥♥
--
倖田來未
Old 17th March 2013, 10:26 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiholic★ View Post
I dunno, when I think off proper English in Japanese songs, I think singers like Jamosa. Ayu isn't as bad as some, but there are singers who are much better, too.
Ayu is somewhere in the middle. She doesn't come close to Hikaru, Angela Aki, BONNIE PINK, VERBAL etc. but she is far better than Koda, Namie, Shimatani, Ai Otsuka, Ami Suzuki etc.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, ayumi hamasaki, twitter, weibo