[News] ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3 II - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 9th April 2019, 05:30 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
Reading with google translate was amusing. "suspected of wearing a short skirt" LOL
When did the 'wardrobe malfunction' happen on the WOWOW broadcast?
Old 9th April 2019, 05:39 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
There were definitely many parts where she couldn't scream, especially towards the end, but there still were other parts where she did scream, like bits of Brillante.
I skipped Brilliante as I knew she would have butchered it this time as her voice seemed pretty dead and the song is usually a hit or miss. I remember in 2016 during the first Osaka date she’s done it well, on the 2nd there was more screaming and it was the same last year in Saitama, where during the 2nd date she sang it a lot better than the first.

What I do appreciate is that she tried her best, like a pro and that she had a good attitude throughout the whole show even though she must have felt pretty bad.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 9th April 2019, 07:38 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
Are we all going to pretend that opening/intro didn't happen?
I have to say what the hell was that opening? It felt so out of place, like it didn't belong. I didn't get it at all. It just came across as bizarre and slightly creepy. Was that like Ayu's occult illuminati ritual for the new Reiwa era? They even walked together covering one eye.
To be honest, had the intro argued into BRILLANTE as the first song it would have made way more sense. I really didn’t understand why they opened with this theme, discarded it for whatever theming Duty and Microphone had, and then came back to it later in the show.

BRILLANTE into Flower would have SLAYED as an opening number, but I guess she really wanted Duty and Microphone to open the show :/
Old 9th April 2019, 07:46 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

^ I was very uncomfortable with the intro. Even last year right before BRILLANTE it was just awkward and made a lot of people around me cringe, myself included.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 9th April 2019, 07:56 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
Well... that's a way to spend a lot of money on very average costumes
Probably...
(1) Designing merch cost > buying luxury shirts
(2) Materialist team agree to spend more money
(3) Ayu wants that

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 9th April 2019, 08:16 AM
too late Initiate

The be honnest, this show needed more rest before the stage. Her voice is bad from the beginning to the end.... I am really sad of it. I was really waiting for Brillante : the idea was really good to make a new music, but all we want is the end of the song...She doesn't sing anymore : she screams, shouts !
It will really be better to make just a few date tour insteed of such a lot of representation...Even concerning "walking proud", she perfers to cry but not trying to sing in high scale...
She has to celebrate her anniversary in good conditions with "quality shows". For the moment, people can feel just pain to hear her sing (scream)
Old 9th April 2019, 08:59 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by errikkutrancex View Post
She doesn't sing anymore : she screams, shouts !
Unfortunately she's been like that for at least 8 years. It makes me sad that I never got to hear in person how she used to sound like pre-screaming, since my first show was in 2012. Even when I was lucky to hear her nearly pitch-perfect, it was still not singing, but screaming most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
^ I was very uncomfortable with the intro. Even last year right before BRILLANTE it was just awkward and made a lot of people around me cringe, myself included.
I felt uncomfortable during A Best Live, because all interludes and themes were depressing as hell. This year's opening sounded beautiful at least.

Last edited by Chris85; 9th April 2019 at 09:08 AM.
Old 9th April 2019, 09:22 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Unfortunately she's been like that for at least 8 years. It makes me sad that I never got to hear in person how she used to sound like pre-screaming, since my first show was in 2012. Even when I was lucky to hear her nearly pitch-perfect, it was still not singing, but screaming most of the time.

I felt uncomfortable during A Best Live, because all interludes and themes were depressing as hell. This year's opening sounded beautiful at least.
My first was also in 2012! I don’t even remember any of the interludes from A Best Live! Lol.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 9th April 2019, 09:24 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
My first was also in 2012! I don’t even remember any of the interludes from A Best Live! Lol.
They were surprisingly sad for a show that was supposed to be a celebration of career.
Old 9th April 2019, 09:35 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddggcw View Post
Alright. Avex will probably kill me... I was really gonna just keep this to myself as a souvenir, but I felt like I needed to show you guys how she sounded on 4.6...

Walking proud: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eg...SFeHtH97MJzhfC

Part of Me (probably the best performance of the 3): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fW...JemyXGa4aqnnBL

Heaven: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nm...x_r1hoFI06L2WM

Lemme know if the links work
I honestly think she sounds great and contrlled most of the time here.

but I just dont get the HEAVEN performance aesthetic. I dont get the costume choice, I dont get the whole Triangle floating stage with the seat LOL. It doesnt seem to suit the song.
Old 9th April 2019, 10:59 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
I honestly think she sounds great and contrlled most of the time here.

but I just dont get the HEAVEN performance aesthetic. I dont get the costume choice, I dont get the whole Triangle floating stage with the seat LOL. It doesnt seem to suit the song.
Thanks for the link, do you btw recorded brillante?i almost shocked when she's nearly fall down.
Old 9th April 2019, 11:42 AM
Initiate

Quote:
They were surprisingly sad for a show that was supposed to be a celebration of career.
That was the show where the dancers “died” in the interludes, right? Definitely depressing. She’s done it a few times though, like for Tears interlude in CDL2014-15 and AT2015
Old 9th April 2019, 11:44 AM
LIMIT Initiate

Sorry I didn't. The show's more enjoyable when you're not holding your phone in front of your face, so I only recorded a few ballads that I loved. I was ready to film Moments when she came out in that kimono, I was so excited, but she didn't sing that so this is all I got.

I can understand the triangle since she was trying to go with a pyramid theme? But the seat was weird I agree.

I also don't get why she got on that podium with that male dancer during Surreal. That song's better if she's just standing alone, and the guy mouthing the lyrics was soooooo awkward... Timmy's nipple covers were less awkward in comparison.
Old 9th April 2019, 12:34 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

She picks her setlists not onlt based on sound, but also on lyrics, and usually order them to form a narrative on each section, even if this doesn't translate on visuals everytime. Duty ~ Microphone forms a very self aware commentary on her career, while BRILLANTE~Flower doesn't.

About the guy with her on the elevated plataform, she has balance issues cuz of her hearing problems. The dancer most likely was there simply to hold her.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 9th April 2019, 12:38 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFmzk View Post
That was the show where the dancers “died” in the interludes, right? Definitely depressing. She’s done it a few times though, like for Tears interlude in CDL2014-15 and AT2015
Yes, that's the one.
Old 9th April 2019, 12:44 PM
LIMIT Initiate

She can't be that bad at balancing... She was walking on her own in heels, dancing, riding a scooter... I don't believe that she's that unhealthy
Old 9th April 2019, 12:54 PM
Dolls Initiate

some thoughts from the parts that I watched (until walking proud)
-the pop/electro interludes were cool
-I don't think that there were any additional hearing issues; she probably got a cold as her voice here reminded me a lot of CDL 2002-2003 where she was also ill
- I liked the strings emphasis in Duty and Microphone, the sound was really cool; her voice was good in the verses and prechorus
- the section NaNaNa - rollin' - Ladies' Night - Sparkle sounded good vocally
- MOWY should have been ditched as she struggled a lot with it, probably the worst moment from what I watched
- I like her newer male dancers better, I was never a fan of her older ones

Last edited by Surreal17; 9th April 2019 at 12:59 PM.
Old 9th April 2019, 01:37 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

This was an enjoyable show overall!
Though some songs are a bit strange concept-wise, but they pretty much put performances of the past randomly together anyway (except some song pairs).
But her voice was really sooooo damn thin throughout the show, it wasn't fun to listen to.
She really has to rest, cause this has nothing to do with her deafness or not hitting notes, especially cause she sounded better the night before.
If she'd had a cold that bad that it affects her vocals in that manner, the concert on 04.06. would have sounded worse vocally as well.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 9th April 2019, 01:46 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
Well... that's a way to spend a lot of money on very average costumes
If she had to pay for them... It's obviously a sponsorship as Ayu have posted and used this brand for years now. I don't know if most people is aware of that but Ayu has a HUGE influence with brands that she wears. Once Ayu wear something, all the Japanese fans starts wearing the same brands. It's crazy the amount of people wearing the mirror9 red hoodie - that Ayu often wears on her Instagram - on her concerts.

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 9th April 2019, 02:43 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddggcw View Post
She can't be that bad at balancing... She was walking on her own in heels, dancing, riding a scooter... I don't believe that she's that unhealthy
There's a lot of differences between hiding a scooter or dancing in heels and being elevated several meters above the ground on a moving plataform. The most obvious one being that she has a bigger chance of worst or fatal injures if she falls from the later one.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Tags
a cube, power of a^3