Opinions on Party Queen covers? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 29th February 2012, 02:33 PM
Dolls Initiate

Lightbulb Opinions on Party Queen covers?

this topic deserves a thread.

at first saw, is was like, "Ayu, are you high?"

disappointing.. VERY..

with all the speculations and expectations... the gorgeous like-a-doll-pink-haired ayu photos and all, what happened to them?)

Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another...

Old 29th February 2012, 02:37 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Aren't we already sharing our opinions in the official cover thread?

Anyway. Eh yeah. I like CD only. That's it. I am not sure how to feel. Should I be extremely sad, or just think this is so horrible its hilarious?

Maybe "Drama Queen" would have been the perfect fitting title?

Last edited by xLuna&1LOVE; 29th February 2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 29th February 2012, 02:39 PM
ayu trance Initiate

I don't think they are the real covers. But if Ayu wanted to do a complete opposite of the Love songs cover, this would be it.
Old 29th February 2012, 02:43 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Excuse my word choice but she looks like a skank. :S I'm terribly dissapointed with the album covers, but to be honest ayu has been dissapointing me for a while now..... Still, I can't believe that these horrible pieces of **** are the album covers...

It's time to crank up my photoshop skills again, guess it's time to make custom covers..

I think she should rename the album from 'Party Queen' to "Desperate Queen"...
Old 29th February 2012, 02:48 PM
Don't look back Initiate

I have no issues with Ayu's photos persay. I think they are gorgeous! I mean..she's super natural in the CD+DVD and CDONLY covers. Wet hair, and that smile...very mature. Ok, the CD+2DVD is a bit...over-the-top for me? Because...well, she's dressed in lingerie..and..yea...weird mirror..

I have more issues that they are using photos from before. Which makes me wonder what the booklet photos would be. And...I think the DESIGN of the cover just ruins Ayu's beauty in this sense. It's like... "oH, Ayu is posing this way so I guess we probably need to throw the text in around her". and that random leopard banner. and that weird 13TH ALBUM logo at the side. Everything feels so fanmade.

If they garnering for a pop art cover style then...go all the way there. This is honestly amateurish. and certainly doesnt suit whatever concept this "concept album" is going for.

Now i just want the music.

P.S I normally have nothing but praise for Ayu's stuff. I just think this deserves so much more. Something better could have been done honestly.
Old 29th February 2012, 02:55 PM
I am... Initiate

I love them, especially the CD+DVD+DVD
Old 29th February 2012, 02:58 PM
too late Initiate

Puke-inducing. What the ****ing **** were they thinking when they randomly pasted leopard prints on the cover? They did actually thought it looks nice? I'm sorry but it baffles me when pictures like these are approved and released. Do you they have functioning eyes or are they as blind as bats?

I wasn't really expecting anything but the cover for How Beautiful You Are gave me a tiny hope that the album covers wouldn't turn out this way.

It's not really an issue of what she's wearing, I'm not a ****ing nun and a prick. But it's so tacky and it is in no way classy.
Old 29th February 2012, 03:45 PM
until that Day… Initiate

*guess we shouldn't bring Kuu in here for comparison...*

anyway, when i first saw the cover, CD+2DVD, wow i thought it's the sexiest cover ayu has ever done! it'd be nicer if it's her head that pose on the left side, not her butt.. the current one looks like she's showing off her butt and being impolite to us LOLS. but then, it's really something different that ayu has never done before, so i'm not entirely disappointed though.
then CD+DVD, disappointed coz we've been seeing the cover over n over already, but i do love the pic coz she has natural smile, i like that.
then CD Only, she looks NICE AND SEXY, her boobs totally look so stunning *O*

seeing how sexy she is on the covers, i expect to see more her sexy side on the booklet pics. come on, it's once in a while we got to see ayu being this sexy and wild haha XD
Old 29th February 2012, 03:53 PM
No way to say Initiate

it feels like she was lazy to do a proper cover so she used an old pic.... cd+dvd+dvd looks kinda cheesy... not ayu's level at all!

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 29th February 2012, 04:13 PM
Dolls Initiate

Ayu is 33 and she can do whatever she wants. I like her butt, she looks extremely sexy with this pose and wet hair. Typo/design might be a little tacky, but as I said, MOST of Ayu releseas designs are VERY weak, so this one is very fine.

I don't like only CD+DVD ver, cause of boring close-up, and fact we saw this pic long time ago. And this pic looks very selfmade (like Ayu took a camera and made a party photo) But it still fit the title.
Old 29th February 2012, 04:17 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

To be fair, Kuu's had her share of awesome concepts and covers. I love Deja Vu, Kingdom and JAPONESQUE....even her naked singles run was pretty cool...

I'll just copypasta what I wrote in the other thread. It could have been so much better...

Spoiler:
Quote:
I don't hate the concept, but the execution is just poor. I'd much prefer to see these pics in a photobook like GUILTY - have it come with a "magazine" exposing the life of the "Party Queen" etc...but as the actual CD cover? Nowai.

I don't think anyone object to her taking "sexy pictures", but they were taken poorly. I mean, wtf is all that junk in the background? It's not MY STORY-esque, it's just a mess of crap on the floor. Plus, the rose petals make me think of the Super Manuel book - why would Leslie use the concept again for her album cover? This is how she's representing herself to the public...

We know she DGAF about the media, but the covers could be in much better taste. She can wear lingere and still look alluring - she can be NAKED and look beautiful, but right now, this is a hot mess. A dishevelled wreck of a cover.

LOVEppears, Duty, RAINBOW, MY STORY, even NEXT LEVEL were chokka block full of naked and near-naked poses, but they didn't manage to look this bad. Even with Rule/SPARKLE she looked more fierce than trashy.

Again, I like the concept - she's used similar themes in the abovementioned covers, but this time it's so poorly executed that I hope they're changed last minute or are slipcovers. Someone mentioned that S/S was better than this? I agree with that! xD

Not trying to hate on your comment - I totally see what you're looking at, I just think it could be, well, so much more than kneeling on a bench with your butt against a mirror, or ROTFLing with a shoe or eating a tissue/napkin...Ayu can take way better quality candid-style shoots than this.

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 29th February 2012, 04:18 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyUmIXx View Post
*guess we shouldn't bring Kuu in here for comparison...*

anyway, when i first saw the cover, CD+2DVD, wow i thought it's the sexiest cover ayu has ever done! it'd be nicer if it's her head that pose on the left side, not her butt.. the current one looks like she's showing off her butt and being impolite to us LOLS. but then, it's really something different that ayu has never done before, so i'm not entirely disappointed though.
then CD+DVD, disappointed coz we've been seeing the cover over n over already, but i do love the pic coz she has natural smile, i like that.
then CD Only, she looks NICE AND SEXY, her boobs totally look so stunning *O*

seeing how sexy she is on the covers, i expect to see more her sexy side on the booklet pics. come on, it's once in a while we got to see ayu being this sexy and wild haha XD
You just said what I wanted to say!

My first impressions when I saw those covers at TA were like... wow it's totally different from past covers.

I agree with you maybe it would be better if the pose were the other way around for the CD+DVD+DVD version. And yeah, a little disappointed because we have seen the CD+DVD picture already. But that smile is epic. CD only is great and sexy. Feels casual but sexy. LOL

I also think that the fonts and arrangements could have been better. The "13th album" thing is unnecessary. But I am glad I am not that picky.

Last edited by ayuuk; 29th February 2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 29th February 2012, 05:05 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I really really really dislike these covers. I found the CD only tolerable, but god I hate her hair.. I just.. I didn't like FIVE as an album.. But those covers were amazing + HBYA covers were also.. And now this.. MADNESSS.
Old 29th February 2012, 05:14 PM
ourselves Initiate

Derp
Old 29th February 2012, 07:35 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Cheap, they look cheap. The CD only version was the only one I liked. Really wish she went with an elegant risqué..or maybe not, not sure now. Anyway, bottom line, they could be better.

Old 29th February 2012, 07:46 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJason View Post
THIS! But still, I prefer this cover over any of Koda's covers.
The difference that Koda was made for that kind of covers, she sells that image and works! (at least for me)... Ayu always has been sophisticated or simple in her album covers, but now is too cheap.. she want to sell us a prostitute Ayu, and we don´t buy that kind of image not because we believe she is a saint just because it´s not her style...

Anyways I hated those covers.
Old 29th February 2012, 08:18 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Me? I like the CD only, but....
I just want pink hair.

I mean, yeah, her pink hair will probably be in a pv... but... I'm thoroughly disappointed that after alll those varying shades of pink.. twitter, TA update, twitter again, Vivi, then we get photos from a shoot that we've already seen a cover of??

We've already seen the CD+DVD (shoe cover) before. I thought they were taken in London, not at that hotel from earlier? That's so frustrating!! I thought those hotel covers maay be something internal, they'd pull a MY STORY and have a huuge array of types of photos, those lingerie shots included.

I'm the sort of person that fawns over everything Ayu does. I even found a few good things in FIVE. I love BRILLIANTE and love the photobook. but...
Party Queen has so much going for it in the title alone!! I wanted some snazzy glittery pink hair party fest cover!!

You don't know how beautiful you are. ♡

Set by ownsarai.

Old 29th February 2012, 08:30 PM
rainy day Initiate

All of the opinions are basically in the news thread, lol.
Old 29th February 2012, 09:02 PM
xLitax

It's not really "trashy"...
Old 29th February 2012, 09:30 PM
Liar Initiate

Oh. So her career is about to head in the direction Sowelu's did. That's interesting. Not sure if the image change is appropriate at her age...maybe she should have done this earlier on.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, ayu, cover, part queen, party queen