[Tohoshinki] 東方神起 / 동방신기 26th thread 〜The... & Maximum〜 - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 7th September 2010, 11:33 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl* View Post
They're obviously plotting world domination. I am fine with that.

This CM made me smile
and I love the avex commercial voice. "mini album The...". How he says these english album/single titles is always too funny.

"You don't need to think, you just need to feel..."
~POWER of MUSIC~
23.07.2011 & 24.07.2011

Old 7th September 2010, 12:08 PM
until that Day… Initiate

hurry up guys if u wanna purchase the limited edition of JYJ Thanksgiving in Dome Photobook!

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ANJY-37
Old 7th September 2010, 02:49 PM
GAME Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyUmIXx View Post
hurry up guys if u wanna purchase the limited edition of JYJ Thanksgiving in Dome Photobook!

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ANJY-37
"Money.. Come to mommy~~" I wish I have money right now DX

Facebook
Twitter
Blogspot
Tumblr
Weibo

Old 7th September 2010, 02:51 PM
reBiRTH Initiate

^^ thanks! but i'll just wait for scans ...

Tumblr
| lastfm

Old 7th September 2010, 08:17 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

I'm gonna pass on the photobook and get the 2011 calender instead.
Old 7th September 2010, 08:49 PM
still alone Initiate

LOL, JYJ world domination Well, that would be a good slap in SME's ugly face Maybe then they will realise what talents they lost by not agreeing on the contract changements Don't get me wrong though... I wish HoMin to be succesful too, but I won't support SME

29-01-2010: Ayu in London
Old 7th September 2010, 09:09 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Well, any last sympathy I had for SM is gone now. The last bolded sentence makes me rage. Being sent to a foreign land when you were already superstars in your own country, dealing with the language barrier, restarting from scratch, fallen into depression, etc. Yup, Japan was a breeze for them! All the hard times the members talked about were just their imagination <rolleyes> It's sad how they can't even appreciate their artists' efforts.

Quote:
“Girls’ Generation will not follow in TVXQ’s footsteps.”

At a press conference in Beverly Hills, L.A., Kim Young Min (40) of SM Entertainment stated that, “Contrary to what is expected, Girls’ Generation’s future plans in Asia will not focus solely on Japan.” He implied that Girls’ Generation would take the complete opposite road to carve a place for themselves in Japan from TVXQ, who he pointed out had focused completely on Japanese activities after their debut there and had then become the top of Asia.

He emphasized that, “Girls’ Generation’s primary goal is to become ‘No.1 in Asia’, so it is essential that we construct a system for them where their popularity and talents are verified in other Asian countries so that they naturally become popular in Japan. They will not follow the footsteps of TVXQ, who began to focus on gaining awareness in Asia only after their success in Japan.”

Source: [munhwa ilbo]
Translation credits: jeeelim5@tohosomnia.net
Shared by: tohosomnia.net
Do not remove/add on any credits

What Kim Young Min thinks about the TVXQ dispute.

Regarding the TVXQ dispute, Kim Young Min said, “It’s heartbreaking and painful. It pains me to see the Japanese media focusing on only one side of the Korean Entertainment industry and saying ‘Korean groups break up easily, and there are many problems within this.’”

Source: [sports khan]

T/N: And this is one that I never thought I would need to translate… until now. It came out about three weeks ago.

-In the past, TVXQ were seen starting from the bottom in Japan and working their way up. But Girls’ Generation is flashy from the start.

▲I hope that everyone sees it in a different perspective. In the past, when TVXQ debuted in Japan, they could not guarantee that they would be popular. Therefore, they needed time to win over fans. Seeing TVXQ, who were already top stars in Korea, perform on a small stage in Japan may have made people think that they were having a hard time when they weren’t.

Source: [segye ilbo]
Old 7th September 2010, 09:17 PM
winding road Initiate

^ What a son of *****, I don't even.

So JYJ might sing in chinese in the future by signing with that big company then? WOOHOO it's getting more and more interesting
Old 7th September 2010, 10:10 PM
still alone Initiate

Yeah right They were popular in Asia way back before going to Japan SME is digging a bigger trap for themselves Cassies will never forgive SME for saying such a thing If SME isn't proud of DBSK's achievements, then so be it. I'm really proud to see how big they became in Japan after starting with nothing They worked really hard and they deserve some appreciation The only reason why any Kpop group gets good sales in Japan is because of BoA and DBSK. SNSD would be nothing without them in Japan (their single won't even make top 10 on the Oricon chart) Too bad I love so many artists under SME. If I wouldn't love them so much, I wouldn't listen to any SME artist anymore. Such an awful company I hope they realise that they don't only hurt JYJ with these comments, but also HoMin. They worked hard too and don't get appreciation either Now I really hope that JYJ will do well in Asia, so SME can eat their words

PS: Today is "The..." release day Let's hope for #1 and a bad place for SNSD (so SME can eat their words)

Last edited by LizBrazil; 7th September 2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 7th September 2010, 10:25 PM
winding road Initiate

^ I can't agree more maybe except about place in charts for SNSD Smart words Liz.
Old 7th September 2010, 10:47 PM
still alone Initiate

I really love this comment by jeeelim5 (the translator of the article):

"-Commenting as a regular reader, not as the translator-

Okay first of all, I hope SNSD does well in Japan, because they're Korean and I want people from my country to succeed.

But Kim Young Min, I have a couple of bones to pick with you.

"Girls' Generation's primary goal is to become 'No.1 in Asia', so it is essential that we construct a system for them..."
So what was our primary goal? What was BoA's or TSZX's? 'No.1 in my backyard'? (actually... that might have been kinda nice..) Do you even know WHY you now have the leisure to construct such a system? Do you THINK this kind of system would have worked if there had been no BoA or DBSK or Se7en or whoever else in Japan first to create a smoother path? HMMMMM???

In the wise words of music critic Kang Tae Gyu "Japanese fans have now become more familiar with K-POP thanks to Korean artistes such as TVXQ. The girl groups of today must never forget why they are getting to start off on such a good foundation."

and fyi, Young Min, let me take you through the history of DBSK, though you should know this WAY better than I do. One of DBSK's main goals when they debuted was to reach markets all over Asia, and not just Korea. That's why they were already in China in 2004 and debuted in Japan in 2005. So if according to you DBSK didn't really focus on the rest of Asia till their success in Japan (which I'm presuming you're implying either Summer Dream or Purple Line), WTF was everything before that? Their O Asia Tour? Their international HUG album? All the awards and overseas endorsements they received?

And oh this one.
"Seeing TVXQ, who were already top stars in Korea, perform on a small stage in Japan may have made people think that they were having a hard time when they weren't."

EXCUSE ME? EXCUSE ME?!?!?!
Are you trying to sell me some form of bull******* that DBSK weren't having a hard time in Japan. Do you think we haven't seen pictures of them performing O with handheld cord mics on a piece of black cloth in a small university in Japan right after their Grand Slam in 2006? Do you think we haven't seen them having to perform Proud on a staircase because they had no other place to perform? Oh let's not forget their dismal single sales in the beginning and those weird programs they had to go on to raise awareness of themselves. Oh and the depression they had because they were stuck in a country where they could barely speak the language. ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL THAT THEIR TEARS WERE LIES?!?!

ugh, I have nothing else to say to you. Have some form of respect for the two DBSK members who are still under your company, you vile being."

@Natalia: Well, I wish SNSD as a group all the best and I would love them to be succesful in Japan too, but SME is their company =/ As long as they don't come close to JYJ, I'm happy

Old 7th September 2010, 10:58 PM
reBiRTH Initiate

wow, to much drama in this thread right now

Tumblr
| lastfm

Old 7th September 2010, 11:04 PM
still alone Initiate

^
LOL, the drama will be gone once I see today's #1

Old 7th September 2010, 11:12 PM
reBiRTH Initiate

tasking just posted the remixes & live versions of the mini in the dl section

Tumblr
| lastfm

Old 7th September 2010, 11:17 PM
still alone Initiate

^
Thank you~ for sharing this news, Jorge-ous

Old 8th September 2010, 12:51 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

JYJ I have nothing DVD Performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-dBV8Re6NQ

;_____;
Old 8th September 2010, 01:20 AM
Kana×Shin

^@girl*, thanks! Jae singin' in english~~~ sugoii
Old 8th September 2010, 02:38 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Anyone from Malaysia? JYJ are apparently going to hold a fanmeet there either in October or November.
Old 8th September 2010, 09:41 AM
reBiRTH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl* View Post
JYJ I have nothing DVD Performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-dBV8Re6NQ

;_____;

Tumblr
| lastfm

Old 8th September 2010, 11:03 AM
still alone Initiate

Quote: