[News] LOVE CLASSICS cover + Voyage [Pachelbel's Canon] (Short Ver.) - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 11th January 2015, 04:31 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

love the song. absolutely LOATH the cover. it looks like a drawing on the back of a randon manga. why can't Avex just invent a new A logo to fit this, like they did with My Story Classical?
Old 11th January 2015, 05:01 PM
from your letter Initiate

My impression of this release (both cover and song) thus far is as follows: pretty, but boring and easily forgettable. It feels weird to say it, but for me the only good part about "Voyage [Pachelbel's Canon]" is the classical piece, it feels like I could cut away all traces of Voyage and the song would be just as interesting - and I don't think that's the point of a mash-up. But then again, it wouldn't surprise me if this track was only included for the sake of drawing in casual fans and thus ended up half-assed, and it may be that the album as a whole will be great.
But for now, I will remain quite pessimistic.
Old 11th January 2015, 09:38 PM
July 1st Initiate

I...kind of like the cover. It's still disappointing that it's not a new photo (I don't understand the appeal of this IMO), but the illustration is good.

Meanwhile, the mashup sounds amazing. AMAZING. Wow I wonder what the others sound like.
Old 11th January 2015, 09:43 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
For those who complain about the recycled cover: you guys know that she does that because MY STORY Classical had the MY STORY cover as the actual cover, just put through a filter (no, the key was just the slip case, not the actual cover).
I've seen the filtered MY STORY cover you said somewhere online, but I've also seen the physical CD being sold in the key cover :|

Also, according to avex, the key one is the official cover http://avex.jp/ayu/discography/detail.php?id=1003385. (But who can trust avex anymore, am I right)
Old 11th January 2015, 10:08 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep snow View Post
I've seen the filtered MY STORY cover you said somewhere online, but I've also seen the physical CD being sold in the key cover :|

Also, according to avex, the key one is the official cover http://avex.jp/ayu/discography/detail.php?id=1003385. (But who can trust avex anymore, am I right)
IIRC, the slipcover with the gold key design was a first press bonus and when you removed the slipcover the booklet cover was the filtered version of the MY STORY cover. I think the regular press just has the key design on the booklet cover, as there is no slipcase.

Edit: They did something similar for the first press of Love songs. The 'official' cover is printed on the slip case, and then an alternate cover is printed on the cover of the booklet that's inside the jewel case.

Last edited by chocopockymaster; 11th January 2015 at 10:16 PM.
Old 12th January 2015, 12:55 AM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
IIRC, the slipcover with the gold key design was a first press bonus and when you removed the slipcover the booklet cover was the filtered version of the MY STORY cover. I think the regular press just has the key design on the booklet cover, as there is no slipcase.

Edit: They did something similar for the first press of Love songs. The 'official' cover is printed on the slip case, and then an alternate cover is printed on the cover of the booklet that's inside the jewel case.

I've never seen that version! I like it better than the outside one.

Tumblr * Twitter

Old 12th January 2015, 01:58 AM
Interlude Initiate

i really like the album cover drawing, too bad it looks unfinished w random photoshop stuff splashed onto it.

as for the song, ayu's classical mixes were never interesting to me, so it does nothing for me.
will give every track a listen and a fair chance though, hopefully i will be pleasantly surprised
Old 12th January 2015, 02:39 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post

Ah! Thank you for clarifying that.
Old 12th January 2015, 03:23 AM
Replace Initiate

Ayu has NEVER had a remix/reversion album with a new photo of her on the cover EXCEPT for the ayu-mi-x/RMX WORKS series. I don't know why this stuff surprises or disappoints anyone.

ayu-ro mix used a "poker face" era promo photo (that was in a gazillion magazines and her official website) on the front, and a "WHATEVER" promo photo on the disc/back.

ayu trance used a screencap from a Tu-Ka CM.

ayu-ro mix 2 DID NOTHING SPECIAL AT ALL aside from embossing with gold foil. It was seriously JUST the Super Eurobeat logo and ayu's logo and the title in freaking Times New Roman.

ayu trance 2 didn't have her at all, just the CG ayu trance logo floating around or whatever.

MY STORY Classical and A Classical have been covered already.

I'm not saying some of these weren't cheap halfassed moves, I'm just saying maybe some of you guys have your expectations set a teensy bit high.

The cover art was always going to be a rehashed image of Ayu. If you like the art style, then yeah seriously just be happy it's at least pretty, and be happy someone put SOME work into the art (ayu-ro mix 2 STILL pisses me off 14 years later lol).
Old 12th January 2015, 03:42 AM
appears Initiate

I'm not surprised by how well this mashup turned out. I mean they took out the original orchestra music, and replaced it with other orchestra music. Not exactly ballsy. I don't even really know if this is a mashup. I mean it's an orchestra version of Voyage with a small background sample of famous orchestra music that kind of loops. It's not a replacement, it's a supplement. I do like it, and I do look forward to this release, but I'm really not surprised. Imagine taking out the guitar and drums in GAME and replacing them with different guitars and drums. It's not that crazy.
Old 12th January 2015, 07:36 AM
Connected Initiate

The cover is more than gorgeous. It is so beautiful :-)

As for the song.

I will wait until I get my copy.
Old 12th January 2015, 08:38 AM
Love song H-Initiate

MY STORY Classical if anyone interested
Old 12th January 2015, 08:03 PM
appears Initiate

They actually did more than just add a filter to the image. You can see the design with her hair and arm.

Spoiler:

Last edited by orangeakira; 12th January 2015 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12th January 2015, 08:10 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
Ayu has NEVER had a remix/reversion album with a new photo of her on the cover EXCEPT for the ayu-mi-x/RMX WORKS series. I don't know why this stuff surprises or disappoints anyone.

ayu-ro mix used a "poker face" era promo photo (that was in a gazillion magazines and her official website) on the front, and a "WHATEVER" promo photo on the disc/back.

ayu trance used a screencap from a Tu-Ka CM.

ayu-ro mix 2 DID NOTHING SPECIAL AT ALL aside from embossing with gold foil. It was seriously JUST the Super Eurobeat logo and ayu's logo and the title in freaking Times New Roman.

ayu trance 2 didn't have her at all, just the CG ayu trance logo floating around or whatever.

MY STORY Classical and A Classical have been covered already.

I'm not saying some of these weren't cheap halfassed moves, I'm just saying maybe some of you guys have your expectations set a teensy bit high.

The cover art was always going to be a rehashed image of Ayu. If you like the art style, then yeah seriously just be happy it's at least pretty, and be happy someone put SOME work into the art (ayu-ro mix 2 STILL pisses me off 14 years later lol).
You forgot the whole Ayu-mi-x series ...
From the 1st to the 7th, they're all unreleased shootings.

Old 12th January 2015, 09:07 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly View Post
You forgot the whole Ayu-mi-x series ...
From the 1st to the 7th, they're all unreleased shootings.
Pretty sure that's what she's saying in the first paragraph of her post.

Furthermore, I agree with what she says.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 13th January 2015, 05:19 PM
Banned

Does anyone knows what kind of method they used for the art cover? I would also like to do something similar to it. I guess, it's a real art drawing cover instead of using Photoshop this time for 'LOVE CLASSICS' album.
If so, who is the art credit belongs to?

Last edited by あーちゃん; 13th January 2015 at 05:25 PM.
Old 13th January 2015, 08:34 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by あーちゃん View Post
Does anyone knows what kind of method they used for the art cover? I would also like to do something similar to it. I guess, it's a real art drawing cover instead of using Photoshop this time for 'LOVE CLASSICS' album.
If so, who is the art credit belongs to?
The author's name is Aki Miyajima. : )

I really like the cover and I am definitely more interested after hearing Voyage.

Last edited by Kanariyatachi; 14th January 2015 at 03:03 PM.
Old 13th January 2015, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanariyatachi View Post
The author's name is Aki Miyajima. : )

I really like the cover and I am definately more interested after hearing Voyage.
Does she illustrate's for other people as well?
If not, then I might be able to ask my younger sister to do it for me since she's herself is a genius illustration. It will be worth it. Hopefully.
@Kanariyatachi Thank you for replying.

Last edited by あーちゃん; 14th January 2015 at 12:51 AM.
Old 13th January 2015, 09:54 PM
Voyage Initiate

I really like the cover - it's so pretty!
Old 14th January 2015, 06:32 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by あーちゃん View Post
Does she illustrate's for other people as well?
http://akimiyajima.com/
Ask your sister =)

Tags
love classics