HEAVEN edges closer to HELL... - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 16th September 2005, 03:13 AM
Free & Easy H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac hiew
I always liked her fast, upbeat songs than her slow ballet songs except the ones in LOVEppears

Anyway it's really subjective to personal views about the quality of her songs. I like her fast songs. That's what I'm gonna say.

P.S AngieChan!!! You are back!!!! HUGZ!!!!
yo there
Old 16th September 2005, 03:16 AM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bates
[rant]

Gah. There’s always 3 types of people in this thread:

1) The optimistic: “Look at it this way! At least she’s in the Top 5.”
2) The pessimistic: “OMG! This is the end of the world and we’re all gonna diiiie”
3) The cynicist: “Why are you all acting like it’s the end of the world? OMFG GET OVER YOURSELF K.”

None of them are all that good to be. I, myself, am usually number 1 because I’d rather her be in top 5 than number 11 or number 12. The ones that are the worse are number 3 though. You know why? Because they criticize people about “freaking out” over Ayu not having #1, but then THEY themselves freak out over others freaking out. So generally, they’re hypocrites. There is nothing wrong with people thinking it’s the end of the world; they’re dedicated and expect Ayu to do better. But what really steams me is when people say that we’re comparable to “Harry Potter freaks” because we’re a bit upset that Ayu doesn’t get the #1 spot she deserves.

We don’t all think it’s “the end of the world” but disappointment is inevitable. That does not make us comparable to “Harry Potter freaks”: it just makes us dedicated to what we like, and if you were that dedicated you would feel the same way.

[/rant]

Anyway, congrats Ayu! So high for just coming out~ Especially since the movie isn’t even out yet.
I, myself, am a cynicist, (unfortunately) But looking at the responses in page 1 you can kind of understand why people would want to tell the number 2's to calm the hell down.

I agree with mmskalnn (Is that who said it?) That there are other artists, maybe less known, that can come out on top.

Don't worry about it. Remember no one has to like what you like, and the japanese people that bought single x over single y shouldnt be "unforgiven for all ETERNITY !!11111111111 "

bbb

Old 16th September 2005, 03:20 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

oh my god!what a bad news!i can't belive it!~

She is LILY COLE
Old 16th September 2005, 03:25 AM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness
Anyways, people are totally 'wrong' to me if they're saying that Ayu's quality has gone down.. if anything, it's not her fault, and it's Max's for choosing crappy composition~ BWEH!

zeo
Are you serious? Ayu chooses the compositions to her own music, she makes music how she wants to, not how Max wants to. He may do some of the technical things, but she picks what she wants. And I think people who think that the quality of her music is decreasing is largely because her voice isn't what it used to be, and that cannot be denied. People can have the opinion that her voice is better now, but it is definitely weaker and more hoarse, from a technical level.
Old 16th September 2005, 03:32 AM
Banned

Another artist sold better than she. It's not that hard to understand...
Old 16th September 2005, 03:34 AM
Over Initiate

Originally Posted by hiro
In ten years time, some of you will look back on this and see how ridiculous you guys were being over silly rankings. Some of you guys are nearly at the level of those fanatical Harry Potter geeks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then by god, I'm a geek.
Old 16th September 2005, 03:58 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron
Are you serious? Ayu chooses the compositions to her own music, she makes music how she wants to, not how Max wants to. He may do some of the technical things, but she picks what she wants. And I think people who think that the quality of her music is decreasing is largely because her voice isn't what it used to be, and that cannot be denied. People can have the opinion that her voice is better now, but it is definitely weaker and more hoarse, from a technical level.
Well technically, she chooses from what Max chooses for her; it's said in the Rockin Japan! interview. He chooses about 30 - 50 .. and then she chooses from those. But I don't think her voice is actually worse.. I think it totally depends on the current situation.. After all, singing well is hard sometimes, and sometimes it's like EASSSSYY :X

Zeo
Old 16th September 2005, 04:01 AM
SURREAL Initiate

This is very discouraging. I feel almost as if someone is lying to be about these sales because it's positions on the charts are so unreal! I know it may seem like some of us Ayu-fans are just upset with competition but it just seems hard to believe that a bunch of nobodies can just pop up at such a random coincidence such as this. I just don't understand, I even know of people who bought BOTH versions of the single so how in the HELL is it that HEAVEN is't number one.
Old 16th September 2005, 04:03 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: Australia-Brisbane, where kangaroos jump around my backyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bates
[rant]
Gah. There’s always 3 types of people in this thread:

1) The optimistic: “Look at it this way! At least she’s in the Top 5.”
2) The pessimistic: “OMG! This is the end of the world and we’re all gonna diiiie”
3) The cynicist: “Why are you all acting like it’s the end of the world? OMFG GET OVER YOURSELF K.”
well out of these three i am definately a no.2....

Ayu lost her no.1 rank of singles~~~~ and i thought heaven will definately be no.1!!!! okay im thinking positively now...heaven will be no.1 tomolo ^_____^"

and the title of this thread is very depressing this was like the last thread i read out of the "news" section
Old 16th September 2005, 04:04 AM
SURREAL Initiate

the PECORI NIGHT cover looks... uhm... are those gay??? T__T sorry..

Old 16th September 2005, 04:08 AM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisha_Angel
This is very discouraging. I feel almost as if someone is lying to be about these sales because it's positions on the charts are so unreal! I know it may seem like some of us Ayu-fans are just upset with competition but it just seems hard to believe that a bunch of nobodies can just pop up at such a random coincidence such as this. I just don't understand, I even know of people who bought BOTH versions of the single so how in the HELL is it that HEAVEN is't number one.
Exactly!! That's what's killing us, not the fact that we seem all "omg ayu is always #1!" and can't accept someone with a higher rank. People should feel appalled, since ayu has always been releasing #1 singles. It really is strange...
Old 16th September 2005, 04:16 AM
TO BE Initiate

i think u guys worry too much.... its really a normal thing..... there is a time people to gone up and there is a time for us to go down... anyway i still hope she could do better ^___^ go ayu go!!!! i got your back!!!!

Last edited by heyrill; 16th September 2005 at 04:19 AM.
Old 16th September 2005, 04:18 AM
Banned

it is the quality Hiro i agree
Old 16th September 2005, 04:22 AM
no more words Initiate

i'm just upset she didn't continue her streak, but at least she has top 3
Old 16th September 2005, 04:35 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: Australia-Brisbane, where kangaroos jump around my backyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggerz189
Originally Posted by hiro
In ten years time, some of you will look back on this and see how ridiculous you guys were being over silly rankings. Some of you guys are nearly at the level of those fanatical Harry Potter geeks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then by god, I'm a geek.
im with you greggerz189

yes in 10 years time, i probably will look back and see how ridiculous i've been (like my collection of pokemon cards) but we are here and it's now, we love the things we do now and if we always look in 10 years time and think "how ridiculous would that be" and just change for that reason then life is no fun
Old 16th September 2005, 04:39 AM
no more words Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrickRocks
it is the quality Hiro i agree
And how exactly do you measure "quality?" Again, quality is subjective. Just look at all the different opinions people have when a new Ayu single/album comes out. There are always people who either love it, hate it, or just think it's "eh." Simply saying "HEAVEN is bad quality" is a very poor argument to me.
Old 16th September 2005, 05:09 AM
girlish H-Initiate

You always post things that I agree with, Chibinina! The Ayu-Chat room is FILLED with threads about the quality of songs, singles, and albums. Lots of those threads are riddled with arguments on the subject. What would the point of asking people's opinions be if quality was objective?

I could maybe understand such reactions to this news if she failed to break into the top forty, but her not being #1 certainly isn't the end of the world or the sign of her failing career. Althought, it certainl isn't what many of us would have cared to hear, but it's a lot less discouraging if you focus on the good things: your favorite artist just released a new single, there are 3 news songs to her catalog that you can listen to and quite possibly love, there's a new video in her collection, and she made the top 5. All of that is good news
Old 16th September 2005, 05:09 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Kinda like how hordes of people say MY STORY sucked arse. :[

Zeo /cries
Old 16th September 2005, 05:10 AM
girlish H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness
Kinda like how hordes of people say MY STORY sucked arse. :[

Zeo /cries

Well...
Old 16th September 2005, 05:15 AM
As if.. Initiate

I think it doesn't matter if she didn't get number 1 spot for daily single ranking, afterall nobody cares about daily ranking, weekly ranking is the one we should be looking at. HEAVEN is a great single, it doesn't matter if it didn't get to the top, maybe people just choose to buy it at a later time, overall sales is what that matters. We, the fan, are the ones who know if ayu has been slipping downwards or not, it is not related to the sales, it's about how much you enjoy her latest music.

Channel-Ai
an Ai Otsuka forum