RnR circus or Love songs? - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 20th December 2010, 11:37 PM
neverending dream Initiate

When Rock'n'Roll Circus came out I thought it was one of her best but when the anticipation and excitement died down, I thought there's really nothing new and it's not as special as I thought it was and well I don't listen to it anymore. Anyway what I'm saying is I might say that I adore Love songs now but after a month who knew, I might think it's a disaster.

But as of now I can say that I like Love songs more.
Old 21st December 2010, 12:39 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Love Songs...

While Rock'n'Roll Circus has more standout tracks than Love Songs (Microphone, Don't Look Back, Lady Dynamite, Sexy Little Things), the quality of music is as a whole is much stronger and more mature in Love Songs (all of her album tracks including Thank U). Rock'n'Roll Circus had some weak, forgettable songs (please don't kill me) like Sunrise~Love is All~, Red Line ~for TA~, Meaning of Love, Last Links (sorry everyone), You Were...
Old 21st December 2010, 01:22 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Love songs. There isn't a single track I dislike.

I'm not really fond of Last Links, Sunset, or Lady Dynamite. The interludes are worse too.
Old 21st December 2010, 01:29 AM
still alone Initiate

RnRC FTW, it has this masterpiece Microphone. Love songs has Love song but it's not as strong
Old 21st December 2010, 01:31 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7entheaven View Post
RnRC FTW, it has this masterpiece Microphone. Love songs has Love song but it's not as strong
Yeah, Love songs doesn't really have a standout WHAM BAM FIERCE song like Microphone, but the rest of the tracks have such beautiful arrangements and I really find it more interesting the R'n'R. So Microphone wins over most if not all songs on Love songs but as a whole, Love songs is better I think.
Old 21st December 2010, 01:40 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

idk...

I think I like more individual tracks on RnRC...like microphone, dont look back, count down, last links, even slt...but that's it lol from rnrc...

on love songs...like I really only like the album tracks, Love Song, Like a Doll, Do it Again, and November...and then Last Angel...

but then, they really arent songs that I'm going to listen to like the RnRC songs, because for me, they're too "specialized"...hard for me to explain that.

But I think....as much as the cohesiveness is there, I really cant listen to these songs outside of the album...i think...

and as much as I love the darker side of the music, on both albums...RnRC is more listen-able for me...Love Songs...just doesnt really reflect what I want to listen to, and how I want to feel right now...

but in any case, they're just...not really listenable on their own, individually as songs...for me....not in the way that any of her other music has been. idk, I just don't feel like they're strong tracks that way.

But like I feel the songs are good for the album, and for ayu, and like for what she wants to do...but I wont be listening to them...

yeah...sorry lol

For which album is "better" um...I think they're equal. They both have their pros and cons, but they're both good albums for ayu.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 21st December 2010, 02:15 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
idk...

I think I like more individual tracks on RnRC...like microphone, dont look back, count down, last links, even slt...but that's it lol from rnrc...

on love songs...like I really only like the album tracks, Love Song, Like a Doll, Do it Again, and November...and then Last Angel...

but then, they really arent songs that I'm going to listen to like the RnRC songs, because for me, they're too "specialized"...hard for me to explain that.

But I think....as much as the cohesiveness is there, I really cant listen to these songs outside of the album...i think...

and as much as I love the darker side of the music, on both albums...RnRC is more listen-able for me...Love Songs...just doesnt really reflect what I want to listen to, and how I want to feel right now...

but in any case, they're just...not really listenable on their own, individually as songs...for me....not in the way that any of her other music has been. idk, I just don't feel like they're strong tracks that way.

But like I feel the songs are good for the album, and for ayu, and like for what she wants to do...but I wont be listening to them...

yeah...sorry lol

For which album is "better" um...I think they're equal. They both have their pros and cons, but they're both good albums for ayu.

Lol.
Old 21st December 2010, 02:27 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

sorry lol

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 21st December 2010, 02:39 AM
Depend on you Initiate

She should have named it Love Songs >>>>> RnR Circus, because IT IS.

Sorry, but RnRC blew chunks. Anyone who thinks it is one of her best albums ever is not a serious Ayu fan or is a newbie Ayu fan. For me, nothing can ever touch the perfection that is I am... and Loveppears and Duty are pretty untouchable too.

I found RnRC to be such a huge disappointment. I didn't think she could make an album worse than My Story, but then there is RnRC. At least My Story had a couple of songs on it I liked. RnRC is toilet worthy.
Old 21st December 2010, 02:45 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Rock 'n' Roll Circus is much better for me.

Most of the new tracks in Love songs lacks of climax I think. And then if you judging from the lyrics, RnRC lyrics is way stronger than Love songs. (Though the flow of RnRC is worse than Love songs, Love songs has better flow for me.)
Quote:
神はご自分のひとり子を与えるほどに世を愛されたからだ。それは,彼を信じる者がみな滅びることなく,永遠 の命を持つためだ。
Old 21st December 2010, 03:04 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellody View Post
Rock 'n' Roll Circus is much better for me.

Most of the new tracks in Love songs lacks of climax I think. And then if you judging from the lyrics, RnRC lyrics is way stronger than Love songs. (Though the flow of RnRC is worse than Love songs, Love songs has better flow for me.)
I know what you mean by lacks climax. But the more I listen the more I appreciate the songs for what they are. R'n'R's climaxes I felt were so boring and not fully there as well.

I have to say my love for November just keeps growing and growing.

My favorite part is like 1:00 into Sending mail right before the repetitive chorus part though. The lyrics for that part and her emotion in the way she sings it - it sounds so hopeful but sad at the same time. Favorite section(s) in the entire album even though November is my favorite song.

Last edited by Zeke.; 21st December 2010 at 03:10 AM.
Old 21st December 2010, 03:46 AM
glitter Initiate

Both might have pros and cons, just like every other album I guess.

I still need to get the essence of Love songs, so far it has this mythic feeling to it which I like a lot, but at the same time RnRC was so good with Microphone, count down, and the other album tracks.

I still need some time to decide!
Old 21st December 2010, 03:48 AM
count down Initiate

Love songs, duh. and just because Love songs has a more mature and complex musicality, it owns.

I love Lady Dynamite though, a lot <3

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 21st December 2010, 03:58 AM
ayu trance Initiate

They are about the same for me, I like the same amount of tracks for each one 6-7 tracks I like on each album. They both have very different flavors. R&RC has one of my favorite Ayu songs of all time so far on it, Microphone, and then there is Don't look back with is also excellent, then I like You were... and RED LINE ~for TA~ But I love "Love song" "Do it again" "crossroad" "November" "Like a doll" and "Last angel". I like more tracks on Love Songs but I like the few tracks I do like on R&RC more... Love Songs is growing on me slowly but surely.

In a nutshell: about the same, but Love Songs will grow into me more than R&RC

Winner: Love Songs
Old 21st December 2010, 04:17 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by all.night.raver View Post
I know what you mean by lacks climax. But the more I listen the more I appreciate the songs for what they are. R'n'R's climaxes I felt were so boring and not fully there as well.
Kinda true, maybe because Love songs is more 'love themed' so it's more gentle and soft, doesn't need a powerful vocals like several songs in RnRC (Microphone & Last Links for example) which is more rock oriented. I'm not used to Love songs which I said lacks of climax, maybe I will appreciate this album in different way.

Love song, still the best album track for me, because it's simply amazing with those instrumental and maybe the only album track I like so far from Love songs. Also, I wish they have the instrumental only tracks from this album, though I didn't enjoy most of the songs, but I love the instrumentals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
I love Lady Dynamite though, a lot <3
Yes, love this song too very much
Quote:
神はご自分のひとり子を与えるほどに世を愛されたからだ。それは,彼を信じる者がみな滅びることなく,永遠 の命を持つためだ。
Old 21st December 2010, 09:03 AM
walking proud Initiate

RnRC is better imo...it was just so epic with a diverse mix of some stuff we were used to hearing from Ayu along with unique and different sounds we weren't accustomed to. To me, it was just such a fun and exciting album.

Tbh, I was really worried about Love songs when I listened to the previews because the songs sounded really generic from the previews. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Love songs was actually a VERY solid album after listening to it in its entirety. The album has a fresh and fairly mature sound to it. The more I listen to it the more I am learning to appreciate it.

However, RnRC is more my style. Plus, the two are really hard for me to compare since they are so vastly different and on two different levels.
Old 21st December 2010, 09:13 AM
walking proud Initiate

I've gotta say Love Songs, since RnRC is the only Ayu album in history that has a whole section I always skip over. (the ballads at the beginning and then also Meaning of Love at the end) and Last Links and SLT I'm just kinda 'meh' about.

Emiko....lol. But I totally get what you are trying to say.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 21st December 2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 21st December 2010, 09:23 AM
And Then Initiate

RnRC definitely. noooo question about it '-___-
Old 21st December 2010, 09:34 AM
TO BE Initiate

in terms of PV I prefer RnRC while overall i prefer Love songs..
disappointed with Love songs PVs (the newer PVs) eventhough I like Virgin Road PV
Old 21st December 2010, 09:34 AM
MY STORY Initiate

I love both albums equally.

Of course Rock'n'Roll Circus has really bad interludes on it while Love songs probably has the best since tasking and Not yet imo but still there's something really cool about both albums. It could be because I began fall in love with Ayu again when the singles of Rock'n'Roll Circus came out so that may be main reason why I absolutely adore this album. I'd say that this album saved my fandom in most part.

As for Love songs I love the epicness and emotional atmosphere around it. It's like the old Ayu has returned finally. I simply cried when I listened to Love songs (oh yeah as if I didn't cry when I listened to Rock'n'Roll Circus lol; I Did but not as much as when I listened to Love songs). I love the theme of this album, it's like LOVEppears has reincarnated for this album and I think it's amazing. I also realized that Last angel actually has the same feeling WHATEVER has on it which made the album even more amazing.

But the point is that I love both albums equally. Years 2009 and 2010 has been good years for Ayu. I've loved most of the stuff she has released, and I hope she will have this kind of amazeness in her music in 2011 as well. <3

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Tags
love songs, rock'n'roll circus