14th album 'LOVE again' out February 8th, 4th of five 15th anniversary releases [V] - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th January 2013, 02:12 AM
Pray H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I guess I am a victim of comparing things. It doesn't annoy me as much when someone likes something I dislike, it's when it is given so much credit than I feel it truly deserves. It's almost like shaming the better tracks. I know I should not do this and I should let someone love everything and think everything is better than the last and/or let them forget about the brilliance behind previously released tracks in that same genre... but sometimes my opinion gets the better of me and I feel the need to make a statement as to why this "new" song isn't all it's cracked up to being.
But you can let everyone else think whatever they want, when it's a matter of "to each their own". Anyway, judging by the amount of "I" this and that in your last few posts, this isn't really relevant to anything - it's becoming a discussion about how you interact with the other listeners of this fanbase. It's perfectly normal having an opinion and stating it though. I can't see how this is a problem in any way, as long as you keep it civil? There's just no changing people's tastes - that is music snobbery.

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 16th January 2013, 02:15 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzaki88 View Post
But you can let everyone else think whatever they want, when it's a matter of "to each their own". Anyway, judging by the amount of "I" this and that in your last few posts, this isn't really relevant to anything - it's becoming a discussion about how you interact with the other listeners of this fanbase. It's perfectly normal having an opinion and stating it though. I can't see how this is a problem in any way, as long as you keep it civil? There's just no changing people's tastes - that is music snobbery.
I do understand - and yes, I am just trying to express where my negativity and comments on music around this forum stems from.
Old 16th January 2013, 02:18 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I do understand - and yes, I am just trying to express where my negativity and comments on music around this forum stems from.
I hope I wasn't invasive or offensive... It's just that... Your opinions based on personal taste as much as everybody else around here, and it's ok being this way.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 16th January 2013, 02:33 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I guess for me personally, it's a bit odd to see someone almost always (in the last few years anyway) like "Why is everyone liking these tracks? They're not that great, everyone. I mean I don't like them that much at all." It's like Debbie Downer much?

IMO, that's the last thing the Ayu fandom needs. I understand that not everyone is going to like everything that Ayu releases, but it's somewhat odd to make comments about how people are really looking forward to this album because the music has been really strong (in their opinion) but basically say "The music is not s good as you think."

We know you have been disappointed by hype in the past (especially Rock'n'Roll Circus) but for some people, I think Rock'n'Roll Circus/Love songs was one of her strongest and most well received eras as of late, ESPECIALLY after the flame-fest that was NEXT LEVEL. People eventually grew to not like Rock'n'Roll Circus as much and instead gravitated towards Love songs, but I had never personally seen people so satisfied by Ayu releases until then, though FIVE kind of ruined that since people were totally fine with the covers and such but the songs were hit/miss for most. Now that LOVE and again have come out and were pretty much universally praised with the exception of maybe Melody, she's set the bar really high for the potential of this album which I am sure people will not be disappointed by even if the latter half does end up being a ballad-fest.

Last edited by truehappiness; 16th January 2013 at 02:36 AM.
Old 16th January 2013, 03:23 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I guess for me personally, it's a bit odd to see someone almost always (in the last few years anyway) like "Why is everyone liking these tracks? They're not that great, everyone. I mean I don't like them that much at all." It's like Debbie Downer much?

IMO, that's the last thing the Ayu fandom needs. I understand that not everyone is going to like everything that Ayu releases, but it's somewhat odd to make comments about how people are really looking forward to this album because the music has been really strong (in their opinion) but basically say "The music is not s good as you think."

We know you have been disappointed by hype in the past (especially Rock'n'Roll Circus) but for some people, I think Rock'n'Roll Circus/Love songs was one of her strongest and most well received eras as of late, ESPECIALLY after the flame-fest that was NEXT LEVEL. People eventually grew to not like Rock'n'Roll Circus as much and instead gravitated towards Love songs, but I had never personally seen people so satisfied by Ayu releases until then, though FIVE kind of ruined that since people were totally fine with the covers and such but the songs were hit/miss for most. Now that LOVE and again have come out and were pretty much universally praised with the exception of maybe Melody, she's set the bar really high for the potential of this album which I am sure people will not be disappointed by even if the latter half does end up being a ballad-fest.
My hate for R'n'R has subsided because over-time, how you view an album comes to include the singles more - where as right during release, it's easy to base opinions of an album strictly on album-only tracks, because that's the NEW thing. I do love Love Songs... although it did somewhat make me feel like the songs didn't fully take off, over-time, I loved them for what they were. I guess saying a release will be "one of her bests" is a very STRONG statement, with heavy weight... and it's hard to accept a statement when nearly every single single preceding a a previous album had it's act together more-so than the songs on LOVE and again. Sure those songs are better than recent materials, but past albums had stronger pre-ceding singles.

Ok, I have explained myself enough.
Old 16th January 2013, 08:39 AM
SEASONS Initiate

How to change my life so the centre of my living will be posting subjective compositions on message boards? Any help?

Old 16th January 2013, 10:31 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Ivy and Sweet Scar are my favorite instrumentals for her. whatever anyone says, I am looking forward to this!

I have been a massive fan since 2011
Old 16th January 2013, 10:37 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by marekcarey View Post
How to change my life so the centre of my living will be posting subjective compositions on message boards? Any help?
Sorry, we don't condone support programs for that.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 16th January 2013, 10:41 AM
Dolls Initiate

I just miss Ayu rock songs. There wasn't any angsty rock songs since Microphone :< Only Love song was close to that, but still it was a acoustic guitar song, and it wasn't that angsty. But yet, it's epic.

I don't count Party Queen rockesque, it wasn't type of song I wanted.
The songs I mean are Rule, Microphone, talkin' 2 myself, decision, GAME, Because Of You, 1 LOVE, is this LOVE?, or even sth in alterna type :<

that ONE rock song that makes you WOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH.

Last edited by pepper; 16th January 2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 16th January 2013, 10:47 AM
appears Initiate

^ How about "Return Road"?
Old 16th January 2013, 11:33 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
I just miss Ayu rock songs. There wasn't any angsty rock songs since Microphone :< Only Love song was close to that, but still it was a acoustic guitar song, and it wasn't that angsty. But yet, it's epic.

I don't count Party Queen rockesque, it wasn't type of song I wanted.
The songs I mean are Rule, Microphone, talkin' 2 myself, decision, GAME, Because Of You, 1 LOVE, is this LOVE?, or even sth in alterna type :<

that ONE rock song that makes you WOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didz-19 View Post
How about "reminds me"?
i think this song have the angsty factor too... but yeah it more ballady like return road
Old 16th January 2013, 12:17 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didz-19 View Post
Return Road has nothing to do with rock, lol (but it does maybe have some guitars or drums elements...)
yet it's still that "epic track".

and reminds me is that kind of track like (miss)understood or It was - a good rock song, but not a MAIN rock track. a good filler track.
Old 16th January 2013, 12:34 PM
TO BE Initiate

If Ayu is going to do a rock song, I hope it is reminiscent of something like Street Spirit (Fade Out) by Radiohead.

The fact that half of her harder rock songs are based on love puts me off them a bit. :/ (but perfect for this album!!!)
Old 16th January 2013, 02:48 PM
Dolls Initiate

^ my ultimate favorite lyrics are GAME cause they perfectly matched my break up 3 months ago.
But tbh, GAME lyrics could be about anything not love based It's about pain, but it matches everything about it.
Microphone, Rule, t2m and so on are not love based Two very love based songs are is this LOVE? and Because of You.

I need no makeshift words
Which I'll probably forget about this time tomorrow
I had made this game a little longer than usual
No problem, I'll be able to find another one

I got chills everytime I hear this song.
Because I feel like she made this for me, like she's been through the same. And it was my first ultimate favorite song from her.

Last edited by pepper; 16th January 2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 16th January 2013, 03:30 PM
TO BE Initiate

^ GAME also gives me chills. The last two minutes of the song is absolutely amazing!

Yeah, my favourite hard pop-rock Ayu songs have always been the Mirrorcle World/End of the World types. I just find the love themed ones pale in comparison (as in, in terms of how they relate to me), but this is so subjective due to our personal experiences and tastes in rock music.

(Because of You and GAME are the exceptions though )

I'm still waiting for the day that Ayu sheds her pop-skin and fully embraces the rock child that she actually is.

In terms of LOVE again, I think if there was to be a rock song, it'd have to be something like reminds me. I think anything with a lot more going on would unbalance it a bit based upon what we have already heard from the minis.
Old 16th January 2013, 04:08 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawdarna View Post
I'm still waiting for the day that Ayu sheds her pop-skin and fully embraces the rock child that she actually is.
Me too
I wouldn't mind some new rockish songs though. I have high hopes there will be at least one rockish track on LOVEagain lol. (I'm one of those wishing for Gloria to be a rockish song, but something is telling me it will be a ballad lol)

Last edited by Kazeyomi; 16th January 2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 16th January 2013, 04:18 PM
Don't look back Initiate

just hoping she pulls of a snowy-kiss-misleading-title one more time haha
Old 16th January 2013, 04:33 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazeyomi View Post
Me too
I wouldn't mind some new rockish songs though. I have high hopes there will be at least one rockish track on LOVEagain lol. (I'm one of those wishing for Gloria to be a rockish song, but something is telling me it will be a ballad lol)
I think so too hope we are wrong though.

Last edited by miru2590; 16th January 2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 16th January 2013, 04:52 PM
GREEN Initiate

Gloria is gonna be the biggest ballad that anyone has ever seen, lol.

also return road is more rock then reminds me, but both are pop rock.
Old 16th January 2013, 05:06 PM
TO BE Initiate

Gloria will probably do an Eyes, Smoke, Magic and troll everybody. xD
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 15th anniversary, hamasaki ayumi, love again