[Q]Is anybody having problems getting on AHS? - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines

Notices

Old 28th September 2007, 05:17 AM
Rule Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker View Post
You didn't get any of the previous points pointed by the staff anyway.
Oh, so that's why you don't get my point. Right.

Quote:
Hasn't it already been told that the forum has to be shut down at unexpected times for certain reasons and that sometimes it takes longer also for certain reasons? I believe there's something about that a few posts ago, but again, I guess I'm not the one overloooking posts here. The staff doesn't need to state the obvious over and over: that the forums shuts for a few hours days, for setting up reasons, and that the server still being bugged means the problem still isn't solved, and won't be solved until the whole problem has been ruled out, not partially. You again blindly read my previous post, because I also mentioned this time I tried to post something about the current issues after the forum came back after the 2 days shutting off, but I just couldn't, because I wasn't able to post, the server was not working properly.
Stop asuming I didn't read the thread. I DID. You have people asking all sorts of questions, being confused, wondering, and your answer is "expect downtime". Wow, nice. I think every initiate expect downtime everytime they log on to ahs. AGAIN, my point was for you to give info, on the front page where people see it. People don't know, it's obvious from the pages in this thread. Many people don't bother to read all the pages and randomly find "expect downtime". Maybe you should put it on the front page "next week, expect downtime". You know, let people know, instead of posting such in the middle of a thread.

Quote:
That reminds me of people in my city who complain that the mayors do nothing to clean the city, when they actually go around tossing papers and junk on the floor.
So I should be a leecher, and not post, so the server won't clog up? What's your point?
Old 28th September 2007, 05:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom View Post
"We pay, so shut up" seems to be the attitude. You don't have to accept a crappy product, just because it's free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corybobory View Post
People don't seem to understand that this server is PAID for. We do the best we can, and for free. Some of us, a lot less than free. Think about it. You're getting something for free (AHS) and you're complaining about it.
Ooo, Magicks
Old 28th September 2007, 05:54 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Y'know, zoomzoom has a lot of good points, actually. =\ I understand the mods are hard at work, but will it hurt that much to at least talk about what's being done? "Setup stuff" is awfully vague. People don't need to have technical backgrounds to appreciate a simple status update.

★★ BIG BANG: Japanese expansion, June 2009! ★★

♫ w-inds x G - D R A G O N: "Rain is Falling" out now!

Old 28th September 2007, 06:41 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

Let's look at some facts here.

1) The server is having issues.

2) The staff is trying to fix said issues.

Honestly, what else do you need to know? How does knowing what the issues are stop the issues or make the issues go away any faster? No one is happy when the server is down or being sloppy, both initiates and staff. Get a grip people. Just because you do not know what is going on doesn't give you the right to go around demanding answers. There are problems, the staff is trying to fix it.

End of story.

Go play outside if you can't get onto AHS.
Old 28th September 2007, 07:15 AM
Banned

^It will let us know what's going on though. We are all blaming the mods or rather complaining to them b/c we don't know the REAL problem....so we make assumptions of the problem (ie the mods are lazy and aren't tryin' to fix it). Most of us are offering to help them out by giving a little money to keep the forum up or rather the server but yet, we can't give them any money b/c either they don't want it or they think they might get sued for money we ARE giving them. We even offered some ideas on how to make the forums a little faster....but it's like they aren't taking advantage of what were saying. The mods don't have to be so secretive about somethings. I mean, it's not like were going to go to AHN or any other Ayumi forum and tell them all the details that goes on over. I HAVE A FREAKIN' LIFE! I appreciate the stuff that the Mods do...b/c they really don't have to do what their doing but they do it for the luv of Ayumi and I guess us (lol)....It'll be less confusion and complaining if they "filled" in the blanks for us (let us what's going on they what their telling us)

* btw, I agree with what zoomzoom said!*
Old 28th September 2007, 08:55 AM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolo View Post
1) The server is having issues.

2) The staff is trying to fix said issues.
What kind of issues take a competent person weeks to fix?? <<;

Yeah I'm asking because we don't have clue! Big mongrels liek Microsoft, Sony, Apple, keep all things secret. Do you want to be liek them?

Last edited by afusion; 28th September 2007 at 10:31 AM. Reason: typo
Old 28th September 2007, 10:11 AM
No way to say Initiate

why do you need to know? its not going to help anything, members will just find somethng else about the staff to complain about.

--
music.

Old 28th September 2007, 10:32 AM
Banned

So what if it won't help anything? I just want to know.
Old 28th September 2007, 11:11 AM
No way to say Initiate

^and I doubt that they'll tell you.

--
music.

Old 28th September 2007, 11:16 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by afusion View Post
What kind of issues take a competent person weeks to fix?? <<;
Oh, because we already have solved the global heating problem, because you can solve each and every financial business problems in a few days, and treat every single disease in this world in a few days too, right? wrong. I've told several times that this is not some simple issue that can be solved in a few days.

Quote:

Yeah I'm asking because we don't have clue! Big mongrels liek Microsoft, Sony, Apple, keep all things secret. Do you want to be liek them?
If they didn't keep some things confidential, rest assured, they would have already gone bankrupt decades ago.

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 28th September 2007, 12:24 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Oh, because we already have solved the global heating problem, because you can solve each and every financial business problems in a few days, and treat every single disease in this world in a few days too, right? wrong. I've told several times that this is not some simple issue that can be solved in a few days.
Software development and server administration is not global warming. I didn't know your server issues were on the same scale. I don't see what you have so super secret and amazing back there that you're afraid to tell us what is really going on because some of us would actually understand all the "technical" stuff.

Last edited by afusion; 28th September 2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 28th September 2007, 07:17 PM
Rule Protector

^ I know. So the problems at AHS is comparable to global warming, aids, etc. Then maybe you should call in assistance. Oh well.

Last edited by zoomzoom; 28th September 2007 at 07:26 PM.
Old 28th September 2007, 09:17 PM

LOL sorry but this is so pasthetic. Just because some people can't kill their terrible curiosity, they keep on dissecting every little thing that can be said. Get over it. I mentioned the issue is a complicated matter, that needs things other than money or some initiates trying to play heroes. After having mentioned SEVERAL times that this is not a SIMPLE issue (and this is where people like zoomzoom just can't read AT aLL), initiates like afusion totally ignore what has been said and treat like the matter could be solved by "competent" people in a few days. How can you assume that when you don't even know what the problem is? If you know, there's no need to ask, if youy don't know what it is, don't try to give an opinion as if you knew what's going on. simple as that.

afusion, I'm yet to see softwares being developped in a matter of days. Some take months to years. Some people can maybe develop certain softwares in a matter of few weeks, but that's not a rule. Saying every single problemc can be solved in seconds by competent people is what makes me give overexaggerated examples to show how much that assumption you made was totally generalized and lacking any real constructive criticism.

kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Last edited by ImpactBreaker; 28th September 2007 at 09:37 PM.
Old 28th September 2007, 09:31 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

You people are complaining way too much here. How about we all show the staff some respect and trust that they know what they are doing? Is it that hard?

Apparently for some of you it is. All you people have been doing is complaining and criticizing, because for some stupid reason you think if they disclose the server's issues it'll all magically go away, or perhaps the more technical savvy people here will magically know the cure.

Making assumptions about the mods being lazy is ridiculous. They've already stated that money is not the issue, and I'm sure they all keep open ears to all legitimate suggestions to improve the forum. Those "Big Mongrel" corporations you named are all turning in a rather large profit.

I'm sure everyone is frustrated with the problems, everyone. You initiates who continue to press around and demand answers are not helping ANYTHING. Again, all I ask is that we show some respect to the staff and trust that they are dealing with the problems appropriately. If they do not want to disclose the server issues that is their decision and we should accept it.
Old 29th September 2007, 01:25 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolo View Post
Again, all I ask is that we show some respect to the staff and trust that they are dealing with the problems appropriately. If they do not want to disclose the server issues that is their decision and we should accept it.
I fundamentally agree. However, it's starting to feel like certain members of the staff do not want to reciprocate the respect that some of the initiates have for them (and vice versa), and that's what I think is a little funky. I'm not all that concerned one way or another, but loss of respect = loss of a sense of community, IMO anyway. But that's my schpeal. This is the last I'll probably say on all this. Good luck to the mods. If there's anything that anyone else can help out on, don't hesitate to let them know. Working together can accomplish nice things. (But if you don't feel like it, that's your choice too. All I ask is that you be a little nicer/treat initiates like actual intellectuals in the process of disagreeing.)

★★ BIG BANG: Japanese expansion, June 2009! ★★

♫ w-inds x G - D R A G O N: "Rain is Falling" out now!

Last edited by namiie; 29th September 2007 at 01:35 AM.
Old 29th September 2007, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by namiie View Post
But if you don't feel like it, that's your choice too. All I ask is that you be a little nicer/treat initiates like actual intellectuals in the process of disagreeing.
Well true, but then, there's a differece between disagreement and denial.

kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 29th September 2007, 04:17 AM
glitter Initiate

Um.. seriously I'm a bit horrified at this thread. I'm pretty sure the staff are doing their best and I acknowledge that even though it's a bit annoying dealing with server issues as a member. However complaining and bugging the mods ain't gonna help. It's just going to increase the aggravation level and make the situation even more tense than it is. I know from personal experience how annoying it can get when you're working very hard and yet people keep bugging you for ages until you feel like tearing your hair out.

I'm pretty sure they will solve the problem in time and this will be just another forgotten episode. So let us try and be patient for the time being.

Even if you cannot hear my voice. I'll be right beside you dear.

Set by pepper

Crossover x A Hitomi Shimatani Forum

Last edited by Raleigh; 29th September 2007 at 04:20 AM.
Old 29th September 2007, 04:22 AM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
I'm kind of horrified too. I can't really think of anything to say that I haven't said before... this just makes me kind of sad I'm going to go back to my homework now...

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com

Old 29th September 2007, 06:04 AM
Banned

Wow! I feel negative energy around here.....and we're suppose to be one big happy AHS family!

*snickers a little*
Old 14th October 2007, 02:15 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Finally I have managed to enter the site... It has been 1 week... I guess something really needs to be done or is it my comp's problem?

sig - me

LJ | LastFM | LJ icons | Blog