Fiona Apple Album to be Officially Released (Finally!) - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > General Music Chat

Notices

Old 23rd October 2005, 07:07 AM
Two of us Initiate

nice to see if it's uploaded here. so more people can download. i can't wait already.
Old 23rd October 2005, 11:16 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickleCookies
Didn't I give you a place to upload on my domain? http://sxesven.kriswolfe.net I think?
w00t! Indeed! Thanks, Chuck, I totally forgot.

I'm not sure how to access it though.
Old 10th November 2005, 12:36 PM
MY STORY Classical Initiate

*Bump*

A visit to the CD store today reminded me that this is already in stores over here, and thus reminded me to download it.

Will come back to comment after it gets a thorough listen.

Recently Played Track

my music | last.fm| blog
Old 10th November 2005, 02:15 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Make sure you download the right version, it's mainly the Jon Brion version that's floating around still. The retail version has twelve tracks, that's the one to have.
Old 10th November 2005, 09:05 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

OMFG!

Quote:
During a recent Dave Letterman appearance, Fiona Apple commented on her five-year absence from the music industry. Five years is a long time, Apple astutely noted, enough time to even earn a college degree. The problem is, when folks ask the "Criminal" artist what she did during her sabbatical, she's got nothing to give them. While the Chad McBro in all of us could surely get behind five years of sitting around, Apple actually spent about three of those years on her new album. As Soulseekers could have told you months ago, two versions of Extraordinary Machine were produced before it was finally released on October 4th.

Long-time Apple friend and collaborator Jon Brion, who recently earned wider acclaim through his film scores for I Heart Huckabees and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, produced the first version. After some soul-searching, Apple decided to shelve those sessions and give a Dr. Dre crony, Mike Elizondo, a shot at the revision. Versions of the original Brion sessions leaked to the Internet, though, and a large fan contingency claims that they are superior to the Elizondo tracks. Now it seems that a polished and expanded Brion Extraordinary Machine may be released next year. MTV News reported that it might manifest as a digital-only release.
from tinymixtapes.com

Can't wait, but seriously, a digital-only release would suck so hard.
Old 10th November 2005, 10:28 PM

Yeah, I got the 12 track version, luckily people post comments on the torrent, otherwise I might've downloaded one that would've been just silent tracks...o_O

There's a free paper over here which I usually pick up everyday after work, and there was a half page article in yesterday's paper about Fiona, but I didn't pick it up yesterday...saw someone reading it on the bus. -_-

Digital release as in download only? Eck.

Recently Played Track

my music | last.fm| blog
Old 11th November 2005, 01:47 PM
Two of us Initiate

anyone gonna upload it??????????????????????????????
Old 11th November 2005, 02:06 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Woops! Are you on MSN now?
Old 18th November 2005, 06:40 AM
Banned

I went to a news stand here last week and Fiona was featured again on a newspaper here, one full page! They talked about her and Extraordinary Machine and the success of her albums. O Sailor's PV was also shown on Channel V the past few days. However, the shops here don't supply her, I went to order it yesterday.

I asked for "Fiona Apple" and the lady gave me a sour look. (I had a reputation of ordering weird stuff) She obviously didnt understand me and was reluctant to get it done for me. I mentioned her name again and the lady remained the same. I said "Extraordinary Machine" and she didn't change. So I gave in and just bought The Cardigans instead (to her relief). She even cancelled my order for M.I.A, saying that she couldnt find it and never heard about it. They seriously need to promote stuff that aren't mainstream here. I have to wait till Christmas for it.

Is there anywhere on the net that knows the full name for When The Pawn...?

Last edited by Mad_Cactuar; 18th November 2005 at 06:44 AM.
Old 18th November 2005, 07:59 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Cactuar
I asked for "Fiona Apple" and the lady gave me a sour look. (I had a reputation of ordering weird stuff) She obviously didnt understand me and was reluctant to get it done for me. I mentioned her name again and the lady remained the same. I said "Extraordinary Machine" and she didn't change. So I gave in and just bought The Cardigans instead (to her relief). She even cancelled my order for M.I.A, saying that she couldnt find it and never heard about it. They seriously need to promote stuff that aren't mainstream here. I have to wait till Christmas for it.
Wow. That's pretty stupid. =/ Don't you guys have any indie stores though? We have a couple of indie stores here that sell indie stuff, so you're more likely to find stuff like Fiona and M.I.A. there. The mainstream stores here don't sell Fiona either. I'm not sure about M.I.A., but I think the same goes for her.

And the full title for When The Pawn is:

When The Pawn Hits The Conflict He Thinks Like A King What He Knows Throws The Blows When He Goes To The Fight And He’ll Win The Whole Thing ‘Fore He Enters The Ring There’s No Body To Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand And Remember That Depth Is The Greatest Of Heights And If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where To Land And If You Fall It Won’t Matter, Cuz You’ll Know That You’re Right
Old 18th November 2005, 08:16 AM
Banned

I have to wait till Christmas cause there's an indie store in the city, and their stuff are expensive, so I exploit my uncles and aunts by asking for Christmas gifts there..
Quote:
When The Pawn Hits The Conflict He Thinks Like A King What He Knows Throws The Blows When He Goes To The Fight And He’ll Win The Whole Thing ‘Fore He Enters The Ring There’s No Body To Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand And Remember That Depth Is The Greatest Of Heights And If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where To Land And If You Fall It Won’t Matter, Cuz You’ll Know That You’re Right
Thanks for these.. Its long, no wonder it wasn't on the cover.
Old 18th November 2005, 08:26 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Cactuar
I have to wait till Christmas cause there's an indie store in the city, and their stuff are expensive, so I exploit my uncles and aunts by asking for Christmas gifts there..
Thanks for these.. Its long, no wonder it wasn't on the cover.
Actually it is on the cover. Couldn't find a good picture just now, but this filtered version shows it pretty well:

Old 18th November 2005, 08:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxesven
Actually it is on the cover. Couldn't find a good picture just now, but this filtered version shows it pretty well:

O___O
Thanks for telling, I never realised the cover was like that.
Old 18th November 2005, 08:50 AM

We have mainstream stores here that sells Fiona fortunately. The store's basically got all music categorised into Pop/Rock, Alternative, Jazz, Blues, Easy-Listening, Punk/Emo, Classical, Soundtracks, etc, plus a huge range of DVDs, Electronics, CD/DVD storing devices, CD/DVD-Rs, Video Games and even speakers all in one store. o_O

There was a whole stack of 'Extraordinary Machine' at the New Release section.

Recently Played Track

my music | last.fm| blog
Old 18th November 2005, 09:11 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Wow, that's great. Our mainstream stores (Van Leest, Free Record Shop) have a very limited assortment; they have all the new mainstream releases and some popular older mainstream stuff, but that's it. It's never been much, but especially since they started selling more and more DVDs the CD-sections have been going further downhill.

Thankfully we do have some indie stores like Sounds, Velvet, Plato; they do sell some mainstream stuff, but it's mostly indie. I get most of my CDs there, but quite often I have to order stuff on the net still because the stores don't carry the things I want either.
Old 18th November 2005, 05:14 PM
Two of us Initiate

i download Criminal, and i fell in love. anyone to upload her new album?