[Britney Spears] The 5th Thread - 'Britney Jean' Era - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > General Music Chat

Notices

Old 4th April 2014, 10:18 PM

You guys still remember isthisLOL? ? I requested a Blackout review and he was so kind to do one for me: http://day1day2day3.wordpress.com/20...ears-blackout/

Maybe you guys are interested? That's his new blog by the way and he will post every day one album review. I think it's a very nice idea!
Old 6th April 2014, 08:06 PM
Secret Initiate

Does he still visit AHS, or was he banned? I like his opinions and views but I just noticed he doesn't post anymore lol
Old 6th April 2014, 09:52 PM

He was banned. Actually the mods said he just shouldn't be able to post for a while, but they never unbanned him as far as I know.
I find it questionable to ban someone like him for making a little bit trouble here and there but let other people post their racist/homophobic/sexist stuff all the time.

But I think he would be happy to know that there are still people around who liked his opnions and views and maybe some of you will follow his blog?

At his old one he posted also a Britney Jean (http://boldlydelicious.com/2013/12/1...y-jean-review/) review and one of the Perfume video (http://boldlydelicious.com/2013/12/1...g-back-simple/).

I like his Britney Jean review and it shows that Britney Jean isn't the shit people like to pretend it is.
Old 7th April 2014, 03:06 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

I'm not a real fan of Britney, but I usually like some of her singles.
Is there going to be a 3rd single from this personal album ?

I don't like Work B!tch and Perfume is boring.

TWICE

Old 7th April 2014, 05:28 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantatu2 View Post
I'm not a real fan of Britney, but I usually like some of her singles.
Is there going to be a 3rd single from this personal album ?

I don't like Work B!tch and Perfume is boring.
Oh come on! Work Bitch is such an awesome song to work out to. You gotta try it. lol
Old 2nd May 2014, 06:30 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Danja: "Will.i.am Changed The Direction Of Britney Jean"

Quote:
“That was the information I was given as well. And when I started creating for the project that is the direction I went right into (something like a 'Blackout 2.0'). I guess with will.i.am kind of being in charge of the project he had a different vision and that’s what you got. Yeah, I was hoping it was going to a little harder and a tidbit darker. Hopefully the next one. We’ll see.”

“I think she’s made the perfect landscape with Blackout to do more urban-based records and not so pop and polished. You know I feel like we need to get back to the grit and grime a little with her being in the center. Pretty Brit among the hard hitting beats...She’s the originator of hard hitting pop and that’s what she needs to get back to. If she is not going to do that…then Rock. Either way it has to be edge.”
will.i.am is a name to talk about. Thankfully Miley didn't chose him to lead the executive production of Bangerz, because even though he worked on "Do My Thang", it's still a great song, same thing about "Fashion" (and I think Artpop would've sounded more audible if he had produced more tracks than just one). Williams can produce good songs (not everytime), but in a room with three or four people, but it seems that Britney let he take over the whole thing about Britney Jean, and that was when the album started to fall apart in my opinion.

Last edited by brener; 2nd May 2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old 2nd May 2014, 07:33 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Britney Jean isn't really that bad tbh... It's just... Just another Britney Spears album~ (At least there's less auto-tune than usual)
Old 2nd May 2014, 10:19 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^^
Interesting.
I actually don't mind some of will.i.am. stuff. It's just that everytime she does something with Britney, it's something I hate.
They just don't work together for me.

Hello new me...

Old 3rd May 2014, 12:30 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

The problem is Britney Jean (the album), because he did a good job with Femme Fatale and #willpower is also not that bad, I really don't know why he messed up things this time :@
Old 5th May 2014, 04:28 PM
appears Initiate

Because messing things up is what will.i.am is good at. BEP's The END was great... look what he did to The Beginning. It's the same issue with most of his work. He thinks his ideas are gold but they only have a shelf life of a few songs before EVERYONE is ultimately sick of hearing him.
Old 7th May 2014, 07:11 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Have you guys listened to this?

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 7th May 2014, 07:38 PM

^That one is great! Like it a lot more than the album version (not that the album version would be bad).
Old 7th May 2014, 08:22 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

nice =)
Old 9th May 2014, 02:38 AM
fairyland Initiate

I still haven't given Britney Jean a real listen. I just can't do it.

Also, very intersting that her "most personal" album would be the one to flop. But, I think that speaks to what people want and expect from Britney: manufactured pop crap. I loved Blackout and Femme Fatal because they are dancey, sexy and fun. I listen to Britney when I wanna shake dat ass, not cry.

Old 9th May 2014, 07:15 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Have you guys listened to this?

Nice.
Old 9th May 2014, 08:02 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I don't know, I don't mind Britney slower pieces, and some of them are masterpieces (like Everytime), and it's not like Britney Jean is full of ballads or insightful songs. Quite the opposite, actually.
I think it's flopping because 1) Britney image is not appealing anymore, her era is kinda over and 2) I honestly believe it's such a "meh" cd.

Hello new me...

Old 9th May 2014, 08:32 PM
fairyland Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty View Post
I don't know, I don't mind Britney slower pieces, and some of them are masterpieces (like Everytime), and it's not like Britney Jean is full of ballads or insightful songs. Quite the opposite, actually.
I think it's flopping because 1) Britney image is not appealing anymore, her era is kinda over and 2) I honestly believe it's such a "meh" cd.
Both points are very true, but I think they could have been overcome if she had done what she does best. Let other people reinvent her pop icon diva look. Done yet another "comeback" album. As someone who hasn't really listened to the album, just going off of what I've read about the purpose of the album, it seemed that they were striving to make this album less diva and more... girl next door? From the name they choose, the cover of the album, etc., I think the marketing killed it. Because the album's music could actually be far from that, and be full of ass poppin' hits. But, I wouldn't know that because I don't want to bother to listen to it, based on what I simply think about the album.

Simply comparing name and the covers of the albums Britney Jean and Femme Fatal, just from those two things alone, FF seems like its a lot more fun.

But, that's just how I view it.

Old 9th May 2014, 09:55 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^
Yeah, that's the point. Some singers have to reinvent themselves, like Madonna or Katy Perry. For other, this formula don't work, they have to do what they're known for, like J-Lo or Celine Dion, or Brit-Brit. They can experiment, but they need to be extremely careful doing so... They're not very versatile, they have a sound, they're very good at it and they can play with it.
And, anyway, it's not like Britney Jean is experimental. Far from it. I just found it a watered version of what she usually delivers, with few exceptions.
You're right, I think the album could have used a normal promotion, instead of this "more personal Britney cd evah" marketing strategy. Maybe it set our expectations on something different and that's why a lot of us are so disappointed. Because, in the end, Britney Jean is not even that terrible. Just... "mheeeee".

Hello new me...

Old 9th May 2014, 10:54 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I guess the main problem revolving this album is will.i.am, his production on Britney Jean sounds saturated, Brithey should have tried In The Zone producers once again, I call that album her masterpiece
Old 9th May 2014, 11:34 PM
fairyland Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty View Post
^
Yeah, that's the point. Some singers have to reinvent themselves, like Madonna or Katy Perry. For other, this formula don't work, they have to do what they're known for, like J-Lo or Celine Dion, or Brit-Brit. They can experiment, but they need to be extremely careful doing so... They're not very versatile, they have a sound, they're very good at it and they can play with it.
And, anyway, it's not like Britney Jean is experimental. Far from it. I just found it a watered version of what she usually delivers, with few exceptions.
You're right, I think the album could have used a normal promotion, instead of this "more personal Britney cd evah" marketing strategy. Maybe it set our expectations on something different and that's why a lot of us are so disappointed. Because, in the end, Britney Jean is not even that terrible. Just... "mheeeee".
Yup! You got what I was trying to say exactly!! Just in less words and much more clearly XD

Tags
britney jean, britney spears, charts, pop