Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Enquiries (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Good program to take video screenshots? (resolved) (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94028)

Rainbow141 4th September 2009 08:29 PM

Good program to take video screenshots? (resolved)
 
I'm not sure if this is in the right forum or not. ^_^;; I'm looking to take my own screenshots of Ayu lives, PVs, and the like to use for graphics, but I'm not so sure which program I should use.

I originally used PowerDVD, but ever since I just re-installed my OS, all my programs are pretty messed up, and it could take a while for my dad to get everything fixed up....

What is a good program - other than WMP - that can take good screenshots and play videos well?

Tom Punks 4th September 2009 08:43 PM

VLC media player is great if you get an earlier version than 0.9. I use 0.8.6 I think and I love it. But the newer versions are weird and crash when I try to take screenshots, + other things that make them suck. But you can get an older version from www.oldversion.com. :yes

noidea 4th September 2009 08:44 PM

VLC media player is just perfect for that job, plays back basically EVERY file, is easy to handle for the computer and has a screenshot shortcut

EDIT: I use the newest version and it never crashed for me xD

Rainbow141 4th September 2009 08:54 PM

Cool, thanks guys. :) I won't take any chances - I'll get the older version. xD I don't trust my computer. xDD

noidea 4th September 2009 08:56 PM

^ simply try both! the newer version plays files back WAY smoother and actually makes your computer work LESS and if it doesnt work, you can still download the older version

PinkShinigami 4th September 2009 09:05 PM

Well, I use VLC, but can anybody tell me HOW do I take screenshots with it?

noidea 4th September 2009 09:08 PM

^ under the video tab theres a screencap function and there is a shortcut, but i always forget the shortcut xD

EDIT: its shift+s

emi♡ 4th September 2009 09:47 PM

I personally would recommend VLC too.

It takes like no time to save the files which is nice, because you can basically like press shift-s as many times as possible and you'll get as many shots as you wanted lol

It's quite convenient.

JackieRos 4th September 2009 10:41 PM

wait cant you just hit your print screen button?

zyoeru 4th September 2009 10:51 PM

^ Print screen is weird. It won't let you take nice screenshots. It's best just to use the inbuilt screenshot feature.

JackieRos 4th September 2009 10:53 PM

oh i remember using print screen when i had windows
thats how i made some gif back then :thud
thankfully mac takes good quality screenshots

Tom Punks 4th September 2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidea (Post 2083762)
VLC media player is just perfect for that job, plays back basically EVERY file, is easy to handle for the computer and has a screenshot shortcut

EDIT: I use the newest version and it never crashed for me xD

Well, the other things that annoy me about it is like... Every time I want to open a new file, it starts me out at My Documents instead of wherever the last file I opened was... That gets SO annoying. And also, a lot of the time it can't play DVDs from other regions anymore. :/ But the nice thing is that you can set it to autocap videos for you. So I just keep the new version on my desktop and the older version on my laptop. :D

nanakopy87 5th September 2009 12:31 AM

what about media player classic?i'm using it and i love this software alot

mcluva420 5th September 2009 03:41 AM

i use windows movie maker :thud

AyUta 5th September 2009 05:10 AM

VLC baby :D.

PinkShinigami 5th September 2009 09:24 AM

Tank you, fund the button ^_^

Quote:

Originally Posted by (me)JackieRos (Post 2083849)
wait cant you just hit your print screen button?

If you use the print screen button, and get t in paint, you will see the video in it. If your video is still playing in VLC, then you will be able to see it in paint. Though, you can paint on the picture =D

By the way, if you want to take "screenshot thumbnails" of a video, you can use Media Player Classic. like this:

Spoiler:
http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/s...0905090742.png
^ Aren't that picture of Yo-chan adorable? :roflmao

Mari-chan 5th September 2009 11:50 PM

I never new, that it is possible to make screenshots with VLC-Player or Media-Player. I use the Koolplayer for Screeshots.

Rainbow141 25th September 2009 10:01 PM

Got my computer all squared away a few weeks ago, shortly after school started, and now I just settled in and downloaded VLC AND Media Player Classic.

But I have to say, VLC is awesome. D: It supports .mp4's, which is great because most of my videos are in .mp4 format.

Thanks again to everyone's help and suggestions~ ^_^

nanakopy87 26th September 2009 01:17 AM

well,media player classic supports mp4,for your information.you just need to have the codec and set you video properties,and done

Rainbow141 26th September 2009 02:46 AM

^ Yeah, well, I don't want to have to go to that trouble. WMP is already giving me hell with all this nonsense about .avi codecs, and I REALLY don't feel like dealing with any unnecessary codecs.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.