[Utada Hikaru] The Storm Goddess says Goodbye to Happiness in her 41st thread - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 30th October 2010, 04:13 AM
CoriKaru's Avatar
CoriKaru CoriKaru is offline
Greatful days Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Behind You, In The Closet, Pushing You Out
Posts: 4,623
Best song I've heard all year. Possibly best of 2010 so far until her other ones are released.

I played "Goodbye Happiness" for my deaf,blind,mute and paralyzed all over aunt and she nodded her head in approval, said, "This will do," got up, turned around and went and did some laundry.

I was a mess! Tears everywhere. Shaking&Crying. Someone in my family likes my music.
__________________

I Have Never Tried On PERFUME Before, But There Is A First Time For Everything.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Man, CoriKaru's posts are gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
^Hell no, Ayu is not that pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^ There's nothig wrong on being a slut...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
I saw Ayu's dress and realized where the budget for the whole video went. On the dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriKaru View Post
ayumistans I swear fo' gawd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelosama View Post
For some things you have Mastercard, for others you have Nakata Yasutaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle ! View Post
Kuu Like a Sick And His midecin is near She should use it before it's gonna expire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauser_Bateson View Post
So this is the girl who said her favorite Playstation game was Super Mario Bros. and held the PS Vita upside down at a press conference.

That aside, how's her music? Is it good?
  #22  
Old 30th October 2010, 04:22 AM
omably omably is offline
TO BE Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriKaru View Post
Best song I've heard all year. Possibly best of 2010 so far until her other ones are released.
+1
  #23  
Old 30th October 2010, 05:02 AM
emi♡ emi♡ is offline
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: ☆ california ☆
Posts: 17,063
um I feel weird that I'm like the only one not going totally crazy over Hikki's new song. It's a good song...but it's not like "OMFG THIS IS SO EPIC" amazing. It's a pretty straightforward, average hikki song lol

And I dont think the composition is one of her best. But I like it lol I mean, it's not a bad song at all, and it's still above average for most artists lol
__________________

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu ❤




  #24  
Old 30th October 2010, 05:33 AM
bluegie's Avatar
bluegie bluegie is offline
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,888
Don't worry, probly you'll love it so much in the end.

And objectively speaking, I agree that this is not one of her best. Yet it's still close to be one of her best (lol dunno what I'm saying), and I'll been craving for a real jpn song from hikki for 2.5 yrs.
__________________
...
...
...
.
  #25  
Old 30th October 2010, 05:40 AM
Amrai-chan Amrai-chan is offline
NEVER EVER Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
um I feel weird that I'm like the only one not going totally crazy over Hikki's new song. It's a good song...but it's not like "OMFG THIS IS SO EPIC" amazing. It's a pretty straightforward, average hikki song lol

And I dont think the composition is one of her best. But I like it lol I mean, it's not a bad song at all, and it's still above average for most artists lol
I agree with this. It's a good song but probably not the best.
  #26  
Old 30th October 2010, 05:54 AM
emi♡ emi♡ is offline
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: ☆ california ☆
Posts: 17,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
Don't worry, probly you'll love it so much in the end.

And objectively speaking, I agree that this is not one of her best. Yet it's still close to be one of her best (lol dunno what I'm saying), and I'll been craving for a real jpn song from hikki for 2.5 yrs.
Maybe lol The preview is so short too...I mean what it's actually giving you.

I'm a little sad to see her electronic ambient heart station edge go...but thats alright. I still love her blend of instruments/effects, and I wish some other artists would take some pages out of that book lol
__________________

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu ❤




  #27  
Old 30th October 2010, 05:54 AM
koumori's Avatar
koumori koumori is offline
RAINBOW Guardian

 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,500
I like the new song alot It got into my head straightaway~ I'm happy with the two songs that have leaked so far...looks like this is a great release

I'm satsified with this anyway. ^o^ As a fan, I'm glad she's releasing any new music at all before such a long hiatus.
  #28  
Old 30th October 2010, 07:28 AM
bluegie's Avatar
bluegie bluegie is offline
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
I'm a little sad to see her electronic ambient heart station edge go...but thats alright. I still love her blend of instruments/effects, and I wish some other artists would take some pages out of that book lol
I can't really tell the exact instrumentation from the not-so-clear clip, but so far it still has a hint of the sync instru in the arrangement. I also feel a bit of teenage hikki's energy spirit in the song (probly it's just an illusion..). Personally I'm sad if she dumps the sync arrangement in her new songs. Usually hikki changes the style of instruments, like First Love and Distance are pretty much the same R&B style, while DEEP RIVER stands alone with the vibrant arrangements. UB and HS both have similar sync style. So actually it's time for her to head to the new direction. Not that I think she must, but I dun think she'll stay on the same style for too long.
__________________
...
...
...
.
  #29  
Old 30th October 2010, 07:32 AM
NintendoHTF1242's Avatar
NintendoHTF1242 NintendoHTF1242 is offline
Secret Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Heartplace
Posts: 11,101
Wow I liked the new song. Can't wait for the others <333
__________________
Tumblr
  #30  
Old 30th October 2010, 08:11 AM
emi♡ emi♡ is offline
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: ☆ california ☆
Posts: 17,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
I can't really tell the exact instrumentation from the not-so-clear clip, but so far it still has a hint of the sync instru in the arrangement. I also feel a bit of teenage hikki's energy spirit in the song (probly it's just an illusion..). Personally I'm sad if she dumps the sync arrangement in her new songs. Usually hikki changes the style of instruments, like First Love and Distance are pretty much the same R&B style, while DEEP RIVER stands alone with the vibrant arrangements. UB and HS both have similar sync style. So actually it's time for her to head to the new direction. Not that I think she must, but I dun think she'll stay on the same style for too long.
well, heart station to me is a little more on the "extreme" side...with the main instruments in the arrangements being electronic.

Ultra Blue was similar, but I dont think it was as much. Maybe Passion, and the sea song song lol forgot the japanese name.

So like...I didnt really expect her to keep the heart station thing...but I wouldn't have minded, cause I do love it...though I suppose it could get tiring...

I think from this, I hear...the main keys, the beat track, a few synth effects tracks...the extra percussions track...which is like, similar to her last albums...but it's done differently isnt it...it's interesting.

I do like the feel of the song. She's so...interesting lol The way she decides to do stuff. That's the difference between being a genius and making your own music, and being a genius but having other people do it, and picking and choosing.
__________________

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu ❤




  #31  
Old 30th October 2010, 06:23 PM
JackieRos's Avatar
JackieRos JackieRos is offline
Curtain call Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 16,157
who the heck is yui?
  #32  
Old 30th October 2010, 06:46 PM
tenshi no hane's Avatar
tenshi no hane tenshi no hane is offline
everlasting dream Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,182
I felt kinda disappointed when I listened it to the first time, but now that I've listened to it some more times, it's really growing on me ^_^

I didn't think a song called Goodbye Happiness would sound so happy though XD
  #33  
Old 30th October 2010, 06:52 PM
GRACE's Avatar
GRACE GRACE is offline
winding road Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: US of A, New England is love~
Posts: 7,468
Goodbye Happiness is the first Hikki song I've really liked in a LONG time, good going Hikki
__________________

  #34  
Old 30th October 2010, 07:47 PM
Pieces_of_SEVEN's Avatar
Pieces_of_SEVEN Pieces_of_SEVEN is offline
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 17,285
Once, just ONCE, I wish Hikki would do a hot PV with cool dancing with Namie or BoA...lol
__________________

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
  #35  
Old 31st October 2010, 12:10 AM
hayasaki's Avatar
hayasaki hayasaki is offline
æternal Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aichi, Japan
Posts: 2,780
Is it just me, who feels that the melody sounds sad? It's like Beautiful world -episode II-
__________________

facebook | instagram | twitter

  #36  
Old 31st October 2010, 12:13 AM
ALPHY's Avatar
ALPHY ALPHY is offline
UNITE! Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,190
Mmm, the melody is quite bittersweet.
__________________

JUST ONE GLIMPSE CAN CHANGE LIFE.

  #37  
Old 31st October 2010, 01:49 AM
Keiichi_JPU's Avatar
Keiichi_JPU Keiichi_JPU is offline
Daybreak Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
Once, just ONCE, I wish Hikki would do a hot PV with cool dancing with Namie or BoA...lol
But then again, would that fit the song? Would it fit her?

I know it sounds fierce and all, and I kinda want it too, but if she really actually did it.. wouldn't it be so awkward? I dunno. she's just our silly Hikki, not a fierce dance goddess.

She's more of a peaceful goddess.. a Storm Goddess
  #38  
Old 31st October 2010, 02:25 AM
Pieces_of_SEVEN's Avatar
Pieces_of_SEVEN Pieces_of_SEVEN is offline
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 17,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayasaki View Post
Is it just me, who feels that the melody sounds sad? It's like Beautiful world -episode II-
Well, the song IS called goodbye happiness...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_JPU View Post
But then again, would that fit the song? Would it fit her?

I know it sounds fierce and all, and I kinda want it too, but if she really actually did it.. wouldn't it be so awkward? I dunno. she's just our silly Hikki, not a fierce dance goddess.

She's more of a peaceful goddess.. a Storm Goddess
I thought that too...but who knows, with the right song it could work. haha
__________________

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
  #39  
Old 31st October 2010, 04:02 AM
Pieces_of_SEVEN's Avatar
Pieces_of_SEVEN Pieces_of_SEVEN is offline
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 17,285
LOL Hikki as a bruja for Halloween!!
Cute pic

http://twitpic.com/3292ko
__________________

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
  #40  
Old 31st October 2010, 04:03 AM
Cherry Dynamite Cherry Dynamite is offline
neverending dream Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BUNNY LAND
Posts: 4,157
Awww she's so cute.
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.