[News] 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.04.08 [III] - Page 30 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 13th April 2021, 06:49 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
*im kinda traumatized because Tommy heavenly stopped releasing music due to low sales. It’s all her fault.
I feel that in Tomoko's case it's just her not really motivated to do music anymore unfortunately. Like she gave up every social media and all, wanting a quieter life for now.
Old 13th April 2021, 07:11 PM
SEASONS Initiate

^Could be. But she addressed the sales issue directly on her blog. And she had, at least, one album finished. Also changed labels a couple of times too. But could very well be to personal reasons to not want to releasing anything. Btw the fact that after months of silence Tommy uploaded content to her Instagram out of the blue lol Our power.

Sorry for deviating from the A ballads discussion.
Old 13th April 2021, 07:47 PM
Initiate

Why would people think that Ayu would leave the company that made her career? Specially since changing label is not something that the japanese audience see in a good light in general, as far as I know. Avex income doesn't come only for new releases, that why you would see acts barely selling 10k and would still release stuff back in the early 2010s, when selling more than 100k was normal. And this still happens even for today's standards.

Avex is struggling pretty much like all other music companies, except the ones which aren't only based on music itself (which avex isn't either, but since live concerts are a no no for right now, the income is shorter), and it's not like changing for Sony Music would make her music sells more.

The sales are fine, 10k for a compilation with only few new songs is alright. And congrats for the top 3!
Old 13th April 2021, 08:08 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

all that thirst for new music. I don't really get it.
We have hours and hours of good music that never gets old. Tommys albums are great and still listen to them regular, same with ayumi. If you don't, you basically say the musc is not good enough to last forever.
Old 13th April 2021, 08:43 PM
As if.. Initiate

Ayu/avex should pull a misono and threaten the fans for those sales with the next album

Spoiler:

jk

not really
Old 13th April 2021, 08:49 PM
As if.. Initiate

^ what’s does the texts say
Old 13th April 2021, 08:53 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigochild View Post
Ayu/avex should pull a misono and threaten the fans for those sales with the next album

Spoiler:

jk

not really
Iconic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbellz View Post
^ what’s does the texts say
That if the album doesn’t reach 10k. She won’t be able to release any more music
Old 13th April 2021, 09:25 PM
walking proud Initiate

I don't know why anyone expected any significant sales from this. Most of these songs have been released and bought many times over by people in various forms - the average person isn't going to care about the random album tracks. This was strictly a serious fans only release because at this point she's released so many best of albums and her music is readily available on streaming. Why would anyone else other than hardcore fans care?

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 21st April 2021 at 05:56 AM.
Old 13th April 2021, 10:29 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I don't know why anyone accepted any significant sales from this. Most of these songs have been released and bought many times over by people in various forms - the average person isn't going to care about the random album tracks. This was strictly a serious fans only release because at this point she's released so many best of albums and her music is readily available on streaming. Why would anyone else other than hardcore fans care?
And thinking into that perspective, sales are expected, even good.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 14th April 2021, 05:44 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I don't know why anyone accepted any significant sales from this. Most of these songs have been released and bought many times over by people in various forms - the average person isn't going to care about the random album tracks. This was strictly a serious fans only release because at this point she's released so many best of albums and her music is readily available on streaming. Why would anyone else other than hardcore fans care?
I agree with this. Even as a fan I wasn't even sure to buy it as I already own these songs often on more than one media. the sales are mediocre compared to her albums standards, but pretty much similar to her latest remastered and remixed albums (A7 and LoveClassics, loveppears). The only success on that best of that wasn't included on a best of already is Days.

I will also add that they didn't propose anything interesting with the DVD content.

I think the release reaches avex expectations and will still give them good profits. The first press have already sold out and they still sold over 10k for a best of that cost them probably very little to make. They are also making profits on Haru koi streamings which did decent. I also think a lot of people won't buy the album but will still add it on their streaming service as an occasionnal ayumi playlist and it will stream more on the long run than a new album.
Old 14th April 2021, 06:44 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
^Could be. But she addressed the sales issue directly on her blog. And she had, at least, one album finished. Also changed labels a couple of times too. But could very well be to personal reasons to not want to releasing anything. Btw the fact that after months of silence Tommy uploaded content to her Instagram out of the blue lol Our power.

Sorry for deviating from the A ballads discussion.
Haha yes!! Saw that and instantly thought about what we said
Old 14th April 2021, 07:22 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
The first press have already sold out and they still sold over 10k for a best of that cost them probably very little to make.
I think that A BALLADS 2 will reach 15K by the end of the month and maybe 20K+ by the end of the year.

I don't like comparisons but looks like female soloists have a new "standard" in Japan for CDs which ranges from 20K to 100K+ to be considered a success.

aiko is in major japanese playlists on Spotify still the her new album sold 50K. Looking from this angle 20K+ for A BALLADS 2 would be really great mainly taking in consideration that the DVD didn't offer nothing interesting... I agree.
Old 14th April 2021, 11:24 PM
Because of You Initiate

I think we need to be glad she's still releasing ANYTHING Look at GACKT...he's a YOUTUBER now, writing business books, and playing competitive poker.... The last thing he released was in 2017....

Last edited by BlackSilence; 14th April 2021 at 11:33 PM.
Old 15th April 2021, 12:18 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSilence View Post
I think we need to be glad she's still releasing ANYTHING Look at GACKT...he's a YOUTUBER now, writing business books, and playing competitive poker.... The last thing he released was in 2017....
My thoughts exactly
If only Gackt could go back to his music instead of wasting time in stupid YouTube sketches ...
I respect Ayu because She still believe in her music and I'm totally with her <3
Old 15th April 2021, 12:28 AM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
GACKT
He is such a disappointment.
Old 15th April 2021, 02:03 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
The last thing he released was in 2017....
And that album was absolutely underwhelming , considering that at the time when it was released it had material from like 10 years ago.
People all pretty much overlooked the whole thing, but when Ayu pulled the same thing with Love again
God forbid , how could she do such a thing
I totally gave up on Gackt 3 years ago.
Although , that remix album he released was pretty good.
Back on Ayu , I am glad that she is still releasing stuff , and what we got so far is good and clearly shows she hasn't lost it.

Last edited by axmish87; 15th April 2021 at 02:11 AM.
Old 15th April 2021, 02:22 AM
Daybreak Guardian

The sales are great for a compilation album that didn't get any promotion and that only contains one new song. I always saw it as a "luxury" release for fans, so I'm actually surprised it was able to get #3 and sell more than 11,000 on its first week. Let's see if it can reach 15-20,000 in the long run!
Old 15th April 2021, 03:15 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaristos View Post
The sales are great for a compilation album that didn't get any promotion and that only contains one new song. I always saw it as a "luxury" release for fans, so I'm actually surprised it was able to get #3 and sell more than 11,000 on its first week. Let's see if it can reach 15-20,000 in the long run!
I'm thinking the same thing. kind of baffling that there doesn't seem to be any promotional materials like TV-CM shared on this forum—is there really none? no poster or whatever billboard anywhere in the cities there in Japan?

so yeah, considering that, the sales are ...expected. plus, it's great that she's on the top 10 list—her 53rd album to do so. that's still a fantastic record.
Old 15th April 2021, 03:29 AM
SURREAL Initiate

^I only saw some small posters someone posted on Twitter, probably from Record Tower but no CM or big billboards so yes, I'm actually surprised as well, I felt this was really meant only for TA somehow since there was no promo on mainstream media! Also she got a new record so yas queen!

Spoiler:
Old 15th April 2021, 04:33 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by axmish87 View Post
And that album was absolutely underwhelming , considering that at the time when it was released it had material from like 10 years ago.
I actually liked Last Moon, I didn't mind the older singles (I don't think they were 10 years old though) as I didn't have them on other albums. ''PS I love you'' is a masterpiece.
Closed Thread

Tags
a ballads 2, cd release, haru yo koi