Ayu apologizes for her evolution performance - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Old 19th December 2009, 06:33 PM
GAME Initiate

I had watch the vid. You Were... is good I think. But the evolution is worse like usual. She should know that from the beginning, that she was never sang perfect performance for evolution before this.

I think, she just so nervous or having a bad day on that day. I'm forgiving you, Ayu.

Facebook
Twitter
Blogspot
Tumblr
Weibo

Old 20th December 2009, 01:09 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

Now I'm afraid to hear it o__O;

I hope she starts singing some different songs....I like her older songs but why not sing some of her neglected recent songs?

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 20th December 2009, 01:28 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

lol i watched the performance and i was laughing all the way!! what stupid mistakes. I am slightly disappointed with ayu because she could have prevented this especially she sang this song for 9 years!! perhaps she was distracted by Shuya or whatsoever.

evolution is the best song for audience participation. But with such small group of audience, i dont think the effect is achieved.

perhaps she sang this song because we are moving into another era.. haha she created this song at the start of the decade and we are going into another decade!

she shld jus surprise us with glitter or Sunrise.
Old 20th December 2009, 02:09 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Well, an apology was in order, quite honestly.

She forgets her lyrics on a semi frequent basis, I guess I could forgive that but the singing was just not of any quality.

livejournal / last.fm / awesome sauce

Old 20th December 2009, 11:24 AM
independent Initiate

I see nothing wrong with this little mistake. And I highly doubt that fans are really speculating about this. More like some random people speculated a little. Both performances were simply Great especially the way she's performed You were... I LOVED this song even more after it. She really put all her feelings in that performance.

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Old 20th December 2009, 11:42 AM
Far away Initiate

imho
Ayu should just stop singing Evolution
she can sing recent song of hers to replace Evolution
I always feel uncomfortable,breathless,gasping for air whenever I see Ayu performing Evolution

and yes I think she sang Evo quite badly
Old 20th December 2009, 11:49 AM
Sky high Protector

I think she did a bad performance because she's tired because of FC CDL 09-10
Old 20th December 2009, 11:51 AM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

support you, ayu.
Old 20th December 2009, 12:46 PM
glitter Initiate

Well it wasn't a great performance... maybe it will get her to realise that simply by cramming a stage full of dancers it doesn't mean a performance will be complete.

Even if you cannot hear my voice. I'll be right beside you dear.

Set by pepper

Crossover x A Hitomi Shimatani Forum

Old 20th December 2009, 02:09 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Yeah, evolution was bad, but You were... was just PERFECT. I must say that during the last performances of You were... she did them all perfect. I'm happy for her because a few years ago she had problems with holding tune. I think she worked really hard to go get back to this point.
I like evolution, but it wasn't really a good choice to put after You were. I do must say that the mixing person did a bad job, the instruments were too soft/quiet during evolution and her voice sounded too loud, which emphasized it even more. Oh well, like someone said here, this live singing still beats every lip-syncing singer.
Japan 2009 Trip Travel Blog (April 26-May 13,Ayu & Perfume Concert & Dolls Party 21)
Tokyo 2009 (Dec 27-Jan 3, Ayu CDL Concert)
Japan 2010 (April 6-23, Ayu & Kuu Concert?)

January 28th 2010: The day everything changed for international Ayu fans. <3
Old 21st December 2009, 03:11 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

We could treat the "forget lyrics" is some sort a symptom of "Occasional Unconscious Memory Breakdown" (OUMB) which everybody suffers even you are not singing, just analogous with your daily life somehow. It does not have any pills to cure it but no worry, OUMB would not kill you at all, but just as a result being an object to be humiliated. So NO BIG DEAL.

If you've noticed the passionated and happy response from the live audience after Ayu has completed her 2 songs performance, again it's no big deal at all. The audience have already forgiven Ayu's bad performance on evo and "forget lyrics" stuff.
Old 21st December 2009, 06:27 AM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
Is it me or was she unnaturally skinny on the show? her face looked OLDER than a 30 year old should look. I guess shes only getting 2 or 3 hours a night again. I'm not surprised the performance was poor.
here. i was shock to see when ayu was talking with the hosts before she performed You were...

she really looks older than 31...
Old 21st December 2009, 08:10 AM
UNITE! Initiate

^I have to disagree. How old do you think she's looking? 40? I still think she looks her age or younger, I don't know why you people are always saying she looks old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo123 View Post
If you've noticed the passionated and happy response from the live audience after Ayu has completed her 2 songs performance, again it's no big deal at all. The audience have already forgiven Ayu's bad performance on evo and "forget lyrics" stuff.
Yep, the audience loved it. After I watched it I didn't think it was bad at all, just a cute performance with some mistakes, but whatever. Everyone has different opinions. For my part, I don't want Ayu to stop singing evolution.
Old 21st December 2009, 09:51 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

I think, theres not really a problem with forgetting the lyrics, we know, ayu forget then at some live, but its not unprofessional, its human!

but the voice of the whole live isnt that good like some older live, she often screams into the microphone on You were...
we know ayu sings evolution evry year, so its not funny, she never forget the lyrics on evolution, maybe she was unconcentrated...?
i think she was a bit ill, but i think its not soo bad, that she must say sorry!
and the audience didnt realize the problem and have a party with ayu ='D

i think evo is one of her really best hits, not at sellings but i didnt know any person which dislike/hate this great song!
perform it evry time ayu... ^^

MY FAKE AYU COVER 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

~MY AYU COLLECTION~
Boys & Girls | A (gold) | LOVEppears (2CD) | vogue | Far away | SEASONS | SURREAL | M | YOU (2001)
the other side 2 | the other side 3 | NEVER EVER | Endless Sorrow | a song is born | Free & Easy | Voyage
tsuki ni shizumo | & | Depend on You (german) | Moments (+DVD) | CAROLS (+DVD) | Naturally (german)
MY STORY | appears (german) | STEPyou/is this LOVE? (+DVD) | MY STORY ~Classical~ | fairyland (+DVD)
Bold & Delicious/Pride (+DVD) | (miss)understood | Startin'/Born To Be... (+DVD) | BLUE BIRD (+DVD B) | GUILTY
ayu-mi-x 6 -SILVER- | ayu-mi-x 6 -GOLD- | Mirrorcle World (YOU) | Days/GREEN | GREEN/Days (+DVD Box)
NEXT LEVEL (+DVD 1st Pr.) | Sunrise/Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~ | Sunrise/Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~ (+DVD) | You were.../BALLAD
You were.../BALLAD (+DVD) | BALLAD/You were... (+DVD) | Rock 'n' Roll Circus (+DVD & Photobook)

Last edited by ayunation; 21st December 2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 21st December 2009, 10:38 PM
Pray H-Initiate

It was painful to watch.
But she's being honest, and not blaming anyone else than her own self for her mistakes.

Ayu is not God. Eventually she *will* do a total stage fart, and oh it's happened before. But she admits it, and clearly wants to get better, for herself and her fans.

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 22nd December 2009, 02:16 AM
Two of us Initiate

^ I like what you said! It's exactly what I think too!
Old 22nd December 2009, 02:31 AM
Over Initiate

After watching the HD version, the vocals weren't that bad, imo. It sounded like her average vocals, the recent years ones. I still think the early MW lives were worse than this.

honto no watashi wo anata wa wakaranai

Old 22nd December 2009, 02:52 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

well, to many people, forgetting lyrics maybe jus due to human error, or like what yazoo said, OUMB. But i believe that ayu has a set of expectations. As a singer, she can't forget lyrics. It's funny for a singer to be not knowing what to sing on stage. Ayu jus cant get over it but i believe she had done so.
Old 23rd December 2009, 04:37 AM
BLUE BIRD Protector

Don't worry; I still love you, Ayu!

did you imagine this kind of future?

@luckynekolady instagram

Old 24th December 2009, 08:41 AM
SCAR Initiate

Watched it a few days ago. I always love with Ayu stuffs up, but this was a little painful to watch. But the crowd still loved it, its like they didn't hear ayu butcher their favourite song from her?

I think that You Were... is an extremely hard song for Ayu to sing. She did a really good job of singing it, better than at Music Station. When it came to evolution, she had nothing left in her voice. And she probably thought, since she's sung it so many times, she didn't need to prepare her voice for it. And lumping those two songs together.. big mistake.

Tags
ayu, ayu's diary, ayumi hamasaki, team ayu