Question about JEWEL lyrics - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 12th January 2011, 03:29 AM
Pieces_of_SEVEN's Avatar
Pieces_of_SEVEN Pieces_of_SEVEN is offline
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 17,285
Question about JEWEL lyrics

I'm just not quite sure what she's trying to say in the first verse.

Translation from Masa:

Under the grey and square sky
Is filled with all kinds of desires today
But I don't lose sight of the light among them
And can walk, looking forward
Because you always show me
That there remains a purity even in a corner of this city

Translation from Kiwi-musume:

Today, once again, my every craving
Fills the square, grey sky
The reason I can keep walking
Without losing sight of the light

Is because you always taught me
That there are pure things
Left even in the corners of this town

Mainly the first few lines, about desires under the square, grey sky. Just doesn't make sense to me. I'm having a tortoise moment, haha.

What are your thoughts?

xx
__________________

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.