"Remember you" album translations - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #14  
Old 25th January 2023, 12:00 PM
tenshi no hane's Avatar
tenshi no hane tenshi no hane is offline
everlasting dream Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,182
^ That’s also a nice interpretation! And yeah, I was like “is this some phrase I don’t know about?” until I saw Japanese users also wondering what the hell she means

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
My Japanese friend said that koinobori could also refer to having a big mouth but being empty inside, like the physical flags, so it could be a sarcastic dig at boys/men in that way as well. But I think it’s double meaning in that way. Boys/men are represented by koinobori, but coincidentally also talk big but don’t have much to back it up with. (But generally speaking, most of the Japanese TA aren’t sure of this line either haha.)

Reference pic
Spoiler:



I had never heard koinobori having this meaning, so it’s interesting haha.
Yeah, thats also a very interesting interpretation and matches with “you’re all talk, no substance” lyrics.
Reply With Quote
 

Tags
lyrics, mask, nonfiction, remember you, translation


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.