Why was Startin'/Born To Be and BLUEBIRD ignored for A BEST 2? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 24th September 2010, 05:47 AM
Yukitora's Avatar
Yukitora Yukitora is offline
BEST Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,732
Why was Startin'/Born To Be and BLUEBIRD ignored for A BEST 2?

Was there any reason? I think I only just realised they were released before A BEST 2. I just it odd they only considered releases from evolution to Bold & Delicious/Pride, snubbing (miss)understood and Secret albums altogether.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24th September 2010, 09:21 AM
AngelSenshi's Avatar
AngelSenshi AngelSenshi is offline
Naturally Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Malta
Posts: 2,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukitora View Post
Was there any reason? I think I only just realised they were released before A BEST 2. I just it odd they only considered releases from evolution to Bold & Delicious/Pride, snubbing (miss)understood and Secret albums altogether.
Perhaps to make the songs included from (miss)understood and Secret exclusive to those albums and A COMPLETE. No other idea really...
__________________
twitter
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24th September 2010, 10:23 AM
OogoeDiamond's Avatar
OogoeDiamond OogoeDiamond is offline
I am... Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 2,270
Cause Secret was out just few monts before BEST and it will makes Secret sales worst to include those songs
BB & BF was out also
__________________


set by pepper

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24th September 2010, 10:43 AM
mmaibff's Avatar
mmaibff mmaibff is offline
Depend on you Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukitora View Post
Was there any reason? I think I only just realised they were released before A BEST 2. I just it odd they only considered releases from evolution to Bold & Delicious/Pride, snubbing (miss)understood and Secret albums altogether.
Actually it only left out the Secret album which will probably be in the next Best album whenever that comes out. Bold & Delicious/Pride is the last single from (m)u. Fairyland, STEP you, Heaven, and Is This Love? from (m)u is on the A Best 2 albums.
__________________

Ok so my photoshop skill sucks sue me...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 24th September 2010, 10:49 AM
Mami-chan's Avatar
Mami-chan Mami-chan is offline
WHATEVER Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 466
They always said it, from the date A best 2 were announced: the 2 bests include songs from I am... to (miss)understood.
Secret's songs will be in A best 3 ^^
__________________


♡ Ayu fan since 2003 ♡

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24th September 2010, 01:28 PM
Andrenekoi's Avatar
Andrenekoi Andrenekoi is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brazil
Posts: 6,930
A Best 2 includes everything she did between the singles evolution and Bold & Delicious/Pride...

All the songs u pointed were released after b&d/pride... Her next A Best will cover everything from (miss)understood album tracks to some unreleased single/album...
__________________

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html


I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 24th September 2010, 03:27 PM
alternarist alternarist is offline
1 LOVE Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Singapore
Posts: 10,600
yup! it was mentioned that A BEST 2 will only contain songs from evolution to Bold & Delicious/Pride.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 24th September 2010, 05:02 PM
asmAyumi1992's Avatar
asmAyumi1992 asmAyumi1992 is offline
GAME Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ipoh-KL, Malaysia
Posts: 5,799
A BEST 3 is confirmed or what?
__________________


Facebook
Twitter
Blogspot
Tumblr
Weibo

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 24th September 2010, 06:29 PM
Pieces_of_SEVEN's Avatar
Pieces_of_SEVEN Pieces_of_SEVEN is offline
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 17,285
^NOT AT ALL.
__________________

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 24th September 2010, 07:35 PM
ownsarai's Avatar
ownsarai ownsarai is offline
Born To Be... Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: where the Sexy little things Sparkle and sing Love songs (California)
Posts: 9,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmAyumi1992 View Post
A BEST 3 is confirmed or what?
You definitely would have seen something about it here if it were.
__________________

♥sweet&simple♥
ღGraphic Junkies, UNITE!ღ
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 24th September 2010, 07:50 PM
Andrenekoi's Avatar
Andrenekoi Andrenekoi is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brazil
Posts: 6,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmAyumi1992 View Post
A BEST 3 is confirmed or what?
People are just talking about it... The whole 50th single thing is making people over here to overthink xD
__________________

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html


I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 24th September 2010, 08:49 PM
ExodusUK's Avatar
ExodusUK ExodusUK is offline
No way to say Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Happy fluffy AHS rainbow land
Posts: 5,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
People are just talking about it... The whole 50th single thing is making people over here to overthink xD
Conspiracy theorists getting excited about nothing, not going to happen for awhile...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 25th September 2010, 03:37 AM
SURREAL__RAINBOW's Avatar
SURREAL__RAINBOW SURREAL__RAINBOW is offline
glitter Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
Conspiracy theorists getting excited about nothing, not going to happen for awhile...
I hope it doesn't!!

Secret, GUILTY, NEXT LEVEL and RnRC aren't enough :/
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 25th September 2010, 04:11 AM
Andrenekoi's Avatar
Andrenekoi Andrenekoi is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brazil
Posts: 6,930
A Best 2 covered 20 singles and 3 albums (+ memorial address)

we have 5 albums and 13 singles since it...
__________________

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html


I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 25th September 2010, 04:16 AM
SURREAL__RAINBOW's Avatar
SURREAL__RAINBOW SURREAL__RAINBOW is offline
glitter Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
A Best 2 covered 20 singles and 3 albums (+ memorial address)

we have 5 albums and 13 singles since it...

(miss)understood was in a best 2 too...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 25th September 2010, 04:42 AM
Andrenekoi's Avatar
Andrenekoi Andrenekoi is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brazil
Posts: 6,930
^Nops, A Best 2 covers only (miss)understood singles, not the album tracks (I said that 5 times today? xD)
__________________

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html


I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 25th September 2010, 06:26 AM
ストロボ・EdGE's Avatar
ストロボ・EdGE ストロボ・EdGE is offline
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,670
I'm glad Secret's tracks weren't included. Don't you think people would've been like, "Hey didn't I just buy these songs twice?"

Assuming A BEST 3 were to come out at some point, at least it'll have songs that were actually well-known and popular like JEWEL and BLUE BIRD to back it up instead of, say, the likes of glitter and fated.
__________________
un asterisco
en la palma de mi mano,
una acotacion
de tu puņo y letra
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 25th September 2010, 07:46 PM
JackieRos's Avatar
JackieRos JackieRos is offline
Curtain call Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 16,157
I was about to say WOW A BEST 2!!!! but then I remembered Black and White -.-
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 25th September 2010, 11:43 PM
Picaflor 7/4's Avatar
Picaflor 7/4 Picaflor 7/4 is offline
forgiveness Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Levittown, PA
Posts: 5,087
what makes a song "best"? she left some single songs out, and included some album tracks? something to do with fan favorites and single sales maybe?
__________________
Does everyone miss me yet?

Last edited by Picaflor 7/4; 25th September 2010 at 11:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 25th September 2010, 11:54 PM
Andrenekoi's Avatar
Andrenekoi Andrenekoi is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brazil
Posts: 6,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaflor 7/4 View Post
what makes a song "best"? she left some single songs out, and included some album tracks? something to do with fan favorites and single sales maybe?
Fan favorites and her favorites
__________________

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html


I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.